3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
roryrem 08.10.19 08:52 pm

does not display the game icon on your desktop

Welcome ALL!
Is icons games icon Internet shortcut, how to fix?
From the trims on the new shortcut created does not help, hands changed - does not help.
(win 7 home)
25 Comments
Sort by:
n
nickSIA 08.10.19

roryrem
In the shortcut properties I went? Changed the picture ?
Spoiler
If you go to the game folder and create a shortcut on the desktop ? The same ?
Spoiler

r
roryrem 08.10.19

Yes, all this was done, the result is zero.(

n
nickSIA 08.10.19

roryrem
Remember, maybe it was deleted accidentally ? Such a long time ? Sistemku can be rolled back to that point ?

r
roryrem 08.10.19

nickSIA
I re-installed system, the folder steam bore, so as not to swing on the new... can, of course, in this case, but see no(

H
HooLiGaNyo 08.10.19

roryrem
Try cleaning the registry with ccleaner for example. any other utility to work with the registry.

r
roryrem 08.10.19

HooLiGaNyo
all of these have tried

r
roryrem 08.10.19

FrozenRed
Thanks, I'll try.

P
Prizrac95 08.10.19

if 10 wines-then put open with and choose Browser and all labels will have the icon if on win 7 or somewhere else should be similar

P
Prizrac95 08.10.19

roryrem
addition! Another possible reason for non-display of icons. Icons games are on the way to the client steam C:\Program Files (x86)Steamsteamgames if you need icons there is no steam will create instead a piece of paper to correct the situation simply to pump the game again at the time of verifications of the files in the folder mentioned above is created correctly, the icon of the game. I decided to do so: I Moved the game folder from the installation directory to the root of the drive where you put the game,removed the incentive game, Put download a game new at the time cache was created rules icon to check: right mouse button, create a shortcut on the slave table, making sure the label is displayed correctly, cancel the download, exit steam, return the game from the root disk to its original place, reopened steam, and produce the download in the usual folder once cached, the client will start searching for available game files upon completion of the process of getting the standard notification Loading game completed and once again spoiling for a fight, with a nice label instead of a white piece of paper, a note! if this game was made manipulations, like setting Ruzicka, of course after checking percacets original files. All the best!

B
Badboy Looo1 08.10.19

roryrem
Hey! Solution!!!
Go into properties, change icon, browse, then in the steam folder then into another folder steam choose games and there rename the game icon e.g. write the number 1 and click apply and it will change!
I didn't want to reinstall the game, thought you can rename the file name and clicked OK then the op has changed
Nothing to perestanavlivat not necessary

r
roryrem 08.10.19

Badboy Looo1
Thank you! And a happy new year! Will remember for future!

K
Kimchik 08.10.19

roryrem
Everything is simple: right click on the shortcut to \ open with - *(select) -through the browser \ to put a tick on ( always open...) \ to Apply.

i
ivanbro 08.10.19

Thank you!!!

S
Sergey123222 08.10.19

roryrem
Remove the desktop shortcut, go into steam - library - RMB on the game - properties - local files - verify integrity of files, when the check was create a shortcut on the desktop, RMB on the game(in the library) is to create a shortcut on the desktop

B
Blic_colfid 12.03.21

Create a text file, write this

taskkill / f / im explorer.exe there
cd / d% userprofile% AppData Local
attrib -h IconCache.db
del IconCache.db
explorer.exe
pause 0

save and write it as a .bat file on the working table, click on this batch file and voila, all icons will be displayed including steam and not only them, I hope I helped someone. This helps even if the icons are white.

m
mlcooon 12.04.21

guy, low bow to you, suffered with this problem for two days, and now I found you. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Guys, who, God forbid, has such a problem, try this method above.

F
FinistEG 09.05.21

Blic_colfid Is it
obligatory to register on the workstation?
Tried running from another folder and silence. Nothing changes.

A
Abarmot90 04.07.21

Blic_colfid
thank you so much

S
Sheleps 04.07.21

Blic_colfid
Thank you very much, the only thing that helped.

d
danya1170 28.08.21

Blic_colfid
Thank you. It helped me, after re-creating the shortcuts (if you just run it, it won't work for me).