3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nihiliant 03.05.20 10:38 pm

Impression of the game (Daxter)

How do you play?
3 Comments
Sort by:
E
Everybody_lies 03.05.20

Only played on the psp from a friend. The first levels are like.

s
supergamer007 03.05.20

My first game on the psp.

B
BubbleOperation 03.05.20

In my opinion, turned out quite good platformer, with their advantages and disadvantages. I have to say that in the previous and subsequent parts of the game series “Jak and Daxter” I haven't played.

Pros:
1) interesting and funny dialogues of the characters
2)a wide variety of locations (which remains in the memory, for example: fish cannery and sawmill)
3)high quality study each location (its content, details of the objects they design themselves game obstacles)
4) “sleep” mode (very cool, it is Dexter to become the hero of a famous film. It should be noted that for completing levels in this mode we can open up new combat techniques (there are only three... and they are virtually useless =) as well as additional cell health (which is very important), especially in the boss battles. Unfortunately, the levels in this mode is not enough. (about five)
5)exciting mini - games on the reaction rate (not as much as I would like)
6)the presence of in-game references to such films as ”the Matrix”, “Braveheart”, “Mission impossible”, etc.
7)vivid and beautiful graphics
8)complexity. In this game you will die quite a lot (mostly after a failed jumps and flights, as well as during the battles with the bosses), plus if you are an avid collector of all the bonuses on the location, you will have to sweat(some bonuses located in inaccessible places). The puzzles in “Daxter” are present, but they are few.
9) opponents (mostly beetles - eng. bugs ). To each of them, you will need to pick up certain tactics and weapons. For example, the beetle, always hiding in its burrow when you attack, it is much easier to win if you smoke it otraslyam gas at a distance (so he could not quickly escape from you) and then finish off in melee. Or you can fill it with powerful energy (which is revealed towards the end of the game). You can also just score the bastard electric stick (or a fly swatter?) during his attack, but it will require you much more effort and time since beetle will be constantly to hide from you and stay out of sight until you depart at a respectful distance.
9) convenient system of saving. (but sometimes it happens that after death you can throw about a few minutes ago)
10) well, actually the main character - Dexter. He's cute, funny, furry creature. Constantly bragging and joking. Despite his small stature, he is very brave, not afraid to engage in battle with huge and not very pleasant to look at beetles, Dexter is ready to sacrifice himself for the sake of Jack, ready to help the needy citizens to clean their city from annoying insects.
Cons:
1)Very simple and boring plot. The whole point of the game is to rescue Jack (Dexter's friend) from captivity. It is worth noting that more than half of the game, we go on a mission the role of a hired destroyer of insects and clean a specific location from the bugs...that's all. Only by the end game Dexter begins to take action to rescue their comrade. Ending the game the steep, predictable and not really delivers.
2)Completely empty the open world, if you can call it open. As a player there is a fairly large map which we use for transition from one mission to the next (and we have a even vehicle), but totally lacking any additional missions, quests, new characters with whom to interact.
3)Monotonous gameplay (IMHO towards the end of the play becomes a little more interesting). Almost all missions begin and end the same way. In the process of passing, Dexter jumps from one platform to another, you fly over obstacles on a special cylinder, tons of different bugs destroys, collects optional bonuses in the form of red eggs (which unlock levels in the sleep mode) and some strange glowing symbols in the form of wooden cages, yellow and black circles, cones with colored muck, etc. (thanks to them becoming available for new species of bugs for multiplayer, as well as their fighting techniques and skills). Sometimes the gameplay is diluted by chasing the bugs and not only (once we get to shoot at the enemies with the machine gun instead of another alleged chase). The game has mini-games on the reaction rate, bosses, dizzying descents on a rope and the pipes (by the way, good at relieving tension during missions), and stealth (which appears in the game at the most recent location). In my opinion, the game is quite a few such “dilution” moments, if there were more, the game would be much more exciting.

I think that this game will definitely be interesting to fans of the series. Everything else, unfortunately, cannot recommend. But if you like challenging platformers, prepared for the difficulties, linear gameplay, often respawns, then this game is for you. I have the game caused a positive impression, although during the passage I had to endure a lot of difficulties, sometimes I played through force because some moments in the game had to replay several times (7-8 maybe more), there was a case when I couldn't find a way to further your advancement, but in the end I surrendered and took the game to the very end. Overall, “Daxter”, in my opinion, a normal game, but does not cause delight and admiration.