3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arnej 03.05.20 10:40 pm

FAQ on technical issues (Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood)

FAQ on technical issues
Question: What are the games system requirements?
Answer: Processor: 1 GHz Pentium® III or AMD Athlon (Recommended: 2.5 GHz Pentium IV or AMD)
Memory : 512 MB (Recommended 1 GB)
Video card : 32 MB DirectX® 9.0 c-compatible (*)
Sound card: 16 bit DirectX 9.0 c-compatible
DirectX : DirectX 9.0 c (on disk)
DVD-ROM : 4x DVD-ROM (8x recommended)
Disk space: 5 GB
Control : Only windows-compatible keyboard and mouse
Multiplayer: Dedicated leased line of 64 kbps (128 kbps is recommended)
Operating system: Windows 2000/XP

(*) Supported chipsets:
ATI® Radeon® 8500/9000/X series
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 4/FX/6 series. GeForce 4 MX and models for laptops are not supported.

Question: Where are the saves (saved games)?
Answer: In the folder C:\Documents And Settings\\Gearbox\Earned in Blood\

Question: When I try to install the game I get the error "Game installation".
Answer: unfortunately, the installers, there is a bug that prevents you to install two games (Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 and Brothers in Arms: Earn in Blood) simultaneously. Either install one, or use this program http://www.buka.ru/support/bia_install.cmd
Instructions for use:
1. Install one of the games.
2. Run the program. Do not press any key!
3. Install the second game.
4. In the program window press any key.

Question: During installation I get a warning from Kaspersky. The game is definitely not a virus?
Answer: ...

Question: When I try to run the game, Windows says cannot find file EiB.exe
Response: In both perestanavlivat game, after disabling Kaspersky - otherwise, you simply will not allow to do so.
No viruses there, of course not - this is a false positive of Kaspersky. Other antiviruses anything suspicious in the game files not found.

Question: Insert the disc into the CD-ROM but nothing happens. Installation of games is not offered...
Answer: Perhaps the computer is turned off the AutoPlay feature. Click on the Desktop icon My computer and browse the CD. Locate the file setup.exe and run it.

Question: When installing the game an error is thrown. What to do?
Answer: Such problems often arise when the wrong operating CD-ROM drive.
1. First of all, make sure that the game CD is not damaged, not soiled or scratched. Remove the CD from the drive. Wipe it with a soft cloth, insert into the drive and continue the installation.
2. To make sure that the disc is defective, or, on the contrary, with him all right, and the problem is the CD-ROM, it makes sense to install the game on another computer.
3. Also, make sure that you have the latest drivers for your motherboard chipset.
4. If you have antivirus, disable it.
5. Defective drives are possible read errors. We recommend you to check installing the game on another drive.

Question: the Game does not start or shows a black screen.
Response: Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. Most likely, you have a powerful enough video card.
To check, click start, click Run and write dxdiag. The screen will display a utility that displays all the basic information about your computer. N identification your card can be found on the top right of the tab, Display.
Brothers in Arms requires a video card of series ATI® Radeon® 8500/9000/X or NVIDIA® GeForce™ 4/FX/6 families (excluding GeForce 4 MX).
Attention! Power built-in video card (installed on Mat.motherboards and in notebooks) not to complete the work The game might not start because its engine does not support integrated video cards.

Question: Game crashes to desktop after a few seconds of actually gameplay.
Answer: this happens on the Ati Radeon 8500-9200. Helps update video card drivers (see above). The game consistently works on drivers version 5.4

Question: the Game is very slow and constantly accesses the HDD.
Answer: - For a normal game requires 512MB or more of RAM. Increase its volume.
- Make sure you are not too overstated graphics settings. Try to put default settings.
- Before running any game, close all background applications (antivirus, firewall, and other utilities), see No. 331796 database Microsoft on how to perform a clean loading to prevent loading other programs, hindering the speed of the game. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796/ru)

Question: What should I do if I'm having sound problems (clicking/ overlay / sound no surround sound)?
Answer: make Sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card. Download them from the website of the card manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer (if you use onboard audio). - Select start (Start), then Run (Run). Type dxdiag,press OK, then select the tab sound (sound). Slide the slider for hardware sound acceleration level to the left by one unit, then close DXDiag and run the game again. If this does not work, continue to lower the hardware acceleration slider until until you get the result.
- Make sure you have sufficient RAM (at least 512 MB for Windows XP).

Question: I can't enable EAX, even though the sound card supports it. The drivers are installed.
Answer: EAX was disabled before release. You can try to turn it on: System games find the file bia.ini, open it with Notepad and find the section [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]. Change this line as follows:

UseEAX=True
Use3DSound=False
or this:
UseEAX=True
Use3DSound=True
on different systems different.

If you do not help, it is possible here so:
UseEAX=True
Use3DSound=False
UseDefaultDriver=False
CompatibilityMode=True

Question: For multiplayer games over the Internet need to register on the website Ubi.com otherwise, I will not be available the list of servers on which to play. How to do it?
Answer: you Need to log in to the server www.ubi.com and register (sign up).
(direct link: https://secure.ubi.com/login/CreateUser.aspx?NextUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2Eubi%2Ecom%2fUS%2f&lang=en-US)
You must answer the questions (all fields with an asterisk * are required):
* User Name = your username
* Password = password.
It is necessary to enter in the login window in the multiplayer menu of the game and then press the submit button. Your e-mail after that must come the proposal to activate an account you created.

Question: Where can I get the key for the game on a dedicated server via the Internet?
A: the Key is glued to the box that you have purchased.
If not, send a request to [email protected] attached to the letter file readme.txt that is in the root directory of the game.

Question: When I enter the number “3” in the field, where you enter the key, the screen displays the letter “a”.
Answer: On the screen you see the letter “A”, but the system sees it “3”.

Question: After the introduction of the key, which pasted on my box, I got the message that my key is already in use / key is incorrect. What to do now?
Answer: Sometimes the system recognize the key fails, try typing the same key again. (Attention! Enter the key exactly as it is written: all -).

Addition:
As time has shown, the problem with the test key a fairly common, and is not very key (for each disc is printed with your unique key, and the probability of theft is minimal), namely by testing it on the UBI servers.

General guidelines:

1) If you receive a message that the scan time CD-Key has expired, try to connect again later; if the server is functioning normally - all should work.
2) If you receive a message that CD-Key invalid / invalid - enter the key on the disc again. It is best immediately after receiving this error, exit the game and run it, try to login again.
3) If you receive a message saying CD-Key already in use / already used, you just have to wait 5-10 minutes and after this time to try to connect again.
4) To avoid problems with similar messages - always otsoedinaut from the server, not just exit the game.

If you are using a firewall or connected through a router, then to the key validation is successful, the following ports must be open:

UBI.com ports:

[TCP] 40000-43000 included
[UDP] 44000 inbound-outbound
[UDP] 45000 inbound-outbound
[UDP] 45001 inbound-outbound

sometimes these ports may be blocked by your ISP. If you are sitting behind a firewall or router, contact your ISP to find out if you these ports.
3 Comments
Sort by:
L
Linimentum Balsamicum 03.05.20

And there are a lot of questions...

D
DEviLPr0 03.05.20

Respect for the FAQ and +1

P
Pachy 03.05.20

Hi, after starting the game nothing happens, in task Manager - process indicates that the game is running. The graphics card is not suitable?