3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20 10:42 pm

Debriefing in patch 1.14 (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Hello! I would like to share opinions about the new patch. And I have some questions on it. I'll start with the description of the patch:
Changes in version 1.14:

Gameplay:
- Lifting the y-axis trucks (sloth)
- Load profile on your truck through the World of Trucks Manager screenshots
- Increased damage rollover of the truck
- Changed the penalties for damage
- Reworked automatic transmission, to improve on the descents and climbs
- Camera rotation based on steering wheel and turn signals
- Correct speed limit after using the train
- The fine for running a red light will not be if you went too far into the intersection
- Softer reverse movement on the small crossroads
- Improved interpolation terrain profile
- Various improvements in simulation: a truck rollover, the depreciation of the rear axle, gearbox

Model:
- New truck: DAF XF Euro 6
- New 6-wheeled chassis for almost all trucks
- Substantial changes in the chassis of the truck
- Added driver seats for DAF XF and MAN TGX
- Small fixes in many models: sawmill, factory, Wharf, quarry, trucks, and trailers

Traffic:
New rules of movement for traffic: stop lines, entry/exit of the cities, beginning/end of the highway, the rules of the priorities of the movement
- Much improved rules of priorities of travel
- Prevented the AI truck hit by a train
- Support time to sleep at traffic lights
- Fixed speed limits
- A more realistic speed in the turns
- Many improvements to spawn traffic, navigation, the priorities of travel, changing lanes, overtaking, signals, turn signals

Sounds:
- New improved and fixed sounds: CAT, signals, turn indicators, fixed sounds in Scania V8

Map:
- Fixed a lot of bugs on the map
- Changed roads around Kiel and Rostock

Steam:
- Option in Steam: information on the work in View details in the Steam friends list

Code:
- Support for bonding parts in models of roads
- Support salons on several trucks
- You can spawn models of pedestrians
- Prevent game crashes: when a non-existent spare parts for trucks, cities, error backup
User interface:
- Truck browser shows all the available tuning and level requirements
- Added the ability to skip the introductory videos
- The speed limit shown on dashboard GPS
- Support for switching Adviser page in
- Speed, Adviser more accurate
- Option to display the password on the login screen
- Smooth camera movement in showrooms
- Improved display of text in input fields
- Improved sorting by cities
- Updated localization, and the authors list, fixed typos and mistakes

Rendering:
- Fixed blinking objects in mirrors
- Support zooming the images in the mirrors
- Support for an additional front mirror
- Support for visibility lighting and limited viewing angle
- Improved statistics rendering
- Extreme view can be controlled using the traffic overview
- Better handling of vegetation at a distance
- Support for additional with low quality

Modding:
- Console commands now understand the names of cities or their parts (for example, the command goto aber will take the camera to Aberdeen)
- Improved mini-console
- Telemetry: more precise fuel reporting and information on the work
- The new structure definition of the loads
- Advisor defines the cleaning
- Improved content browser
- In different sectors can be different climate

Editor:
- Gamma correction-custom colors
- Improved display and processing on monitors with high resolution
- The list of textures
- New panel
- Improved signature editor.

Here's what I don't know what it means and where to look for it in the game:

Softer reverse movement on the small crossroads (what's this?)

Added driver seats for DAF XF and MAN TGX
(where added, what, why? I haven't found anything similar)

Support the bonding parts in the models of the roads
(I understand the road was smoother, no jumping cars on joints when ascending or when descending )

Support salons on several trucks
(You can buy in one cabin trucks different company?)

Support image scaling in the mirrors
(where to find this option in the game?)

Support for an additional front mirror
(what does that mean? in the workshop, as was asked in the old place either a standard or elongated mirror and placed, no additional front mirror not found how to put)

In different sectors can be different climate
(absolutely not clear)

Now about the obvious changes:

New truck DAF XF Euro 6, I have not tried, only briefly (in the Parking lot started (sound like it), shook the camera and all). So looking forward to your feedback on it.

Noticed significant changes in the physics of the drive. I believe that this is due to a significant correction in the chassis of the truck. Now rush 130 on the turn was very dangerous. Also at high speed and a sharp turn, the truck starts jumping or flips (Scania StreamLine). Go with chassis 6x2 lift axle. when you lift the rear axle, the truck becomes very sharp, arrogant, unstable, braking distance greatly increases. With some goods for the buck truck gets as many as when off. And as soon as you lower the axle, the truck immediately becomes so malleable (in the control), stable (up to some point). In General, in addition to reduced fuel consumption, I have nothing to lose if you constantly go with the lowered axle. Try another axle 6x2/4, it could be better.

About camera rotation based on steering wheel and turn signals:
I tried these options... to be honest - without them easier. Although maybe I'll try again and get used to it.

But all this is just my opinion. And I ask you to speak about a new long-awaited patch, and just to answer, if who knows the issues. ))

P. S And why a new menu option labelled in English?
26 Comments
Sort by:
S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20

Tried chassis 6x2/4, lifting axis. Liked more. It is much more stable, even with a raised axis. And fuel consumption has decreased significantly. However, lifting axis, markedly increased the turning radius. And so good. The only not clear why the axle 6x4 is more expensive and requires a higher level than the same axle with sloth.

D
Docent5960 03.05.20

About camera rotation based on steering wheel and turn signals,and where included, these options can't find,and where to buy new DAF

S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20

Docent5960
In the options of the Gameplay, there are functions (they are everywhere written in English) steering camera rotation (camera rotation when turning, and below there is a step adjustment), Blinker camera rotation (camera rotation when you turn the turn signals). The rise of the sloth is set in the settings control (lift/drop Axle), well, the new DAF is naturally purchased in salons DAF. Can even just to admire them in the tab info in the game.

S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20

I urgently need to make one small update: in Route Advisor, where the indicator of damage and of fuel to add the position indicator axis, i.e. when it is raised and when lowered. It will be very convenient.

D
Docent5960 03.05.20

Strelec-zmeya
Thanks for the informative answer!!!

M
MAPCEJlb 03.05.20

Strelec-zmeya
both on 6x4 rear axle drive, so the more expensive it is. on 6x2/4 and 6x2 only one axle drive.

S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20

MAPCEJlb
So that's it. I thought that all wheels are everywhere. And then stand up again, before the patch, to put on the axle 6x4? Or I have nothing to gain?

a
azeton2 03.05.20

I left the camera functionality is only for the steering,the cabin became alive.As for the turn signals disabled-the overtaking uncomfortable.Now try American donnamodelo-very efektno!!!STANDINGS

M
MAPCEJlb 03.05.20

Strelec-zmeya
I have not tried it. How to put 6x2 lift, never changed. I liked it, raised the rear axle and the turning radius has decreased. But on the track when cornering, you can easily capsize (without a trailer). During use of the retarder is generally better not to touch the wheel. Although, maybe if you play on the steering wheel, then everything is fine. In General, the town beauty with a raised axis.

Later...
Just tried to drive with a 6x4. Also a good chassis.
6x2 (down axis) compared to 6x4 responsive or agile I think, but I did not test it. Without a trailer not tried it, maybe something will change.

6x2 - fuel economy, less tire wear (with lifted axle)
6x4 - for the transport of heavy loads. better traction

b
bobrdobr 03.05.20

P. S ...why in the menu a new option labelled in English?...
What would be easier to find you..:-))

...Added driver seats for DAF XF and MAN TGX
(where added, what, why? I found nothing similar)...
And they really were not - were curve textures-present the dirt from Dafa (it was noticeable when the window ago Peeps) , it's the same with Mana bug for a long time just did not notice....

Docent5960..about camera rotation based on steering wheel and turn signals,and where included, these options...
Included in the Settings for 2-tabs Gameplay and Installation type,
and in the Gameplay the slider is still regulated and the rotation angle\review

And on the second tab to identify the button on which it is spinning you can turn on\off during a game, such as when Parking, overtaking (if it is not necessary), etc.

b
bobrdobr 03.05.20

...Softer reverse movement on the small crossroads (what's this?)...
Well, let's say not exactly... or so we are Talking about a more optimized movement of oncoming traffic at intersections: the movement is more smooth, there are almost no situations when traffic suddenly at breakneck speed, almost at right angles, sharp turns, and even before your truck :-))

...Support merge parts in the models of roads. (I understand the road was smoother, no jumping cars on joints when ascending or when descending )...
In General, Yes. But this is more interesting to modders, not players...

Universal salons (as the map CES), chips with mirrors and weather is still to come... don't forget: while we have only a beta version of the patch

S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20

Thank you so much for the responses!))

v
vmirko75 03.05.20

By it would be difficult to understand!!!

V
Vyacheslav Andryuschenko 03.05.20

people tell me what to do played yesterday in етс2 all the rules you've opened steam and launched the game, chose a profile and then nothing loads eject to the choice of a save game or AutoSave proposal all but not loads ,created a new profile same thing after choosing eject menu to select the AutoSave to load and there are none (new profile) then I decided to delete everything and re-downloaded the ETS, the incentive situation is repeated version of the game 1,14,1 s

S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20

Vyacheslav Andryushchenko
If played with mods, then nothing will work. Delete the mods and try to run. Keep away or to version 1.13 and there are daring fashion and save without them, then put version 1.14. I still play on version 1.14.0.4 s without mods. Download 1.14.1 s, I will try, I will unsubscribe as what.

S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20

I have a save from version 1.14.0.4 s to version 1.14.1's booted and work without problems.

F
FinistEG 03.05.20

Vyacheslav Andryushchenko
If you play the original(without mods), then no problems with the saves not happen.
If you are fashion, the fashion is done under a specific version and not the version compatibility of the mods with the version of the game leads to crashes or just the game will not start.

A
AlexCrazy 03.05.20

FinistEG
most of the mods are compatible
incompatible cards and some mods to the graphics and weather

S
Strelec-zmeya 03.05.20

AlexCrazy
Incompatible still on the goods. In General, in the case of patch 1.14, no previous fashion nesovmestny.

L
LexaTka4 03.05.20

Guys, tell me, updated to 1.14.2 s, and in the showroom of the new Daf no.