3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vityaz_24 07.05.20 09:47 am

Is it possible to launch games without using the Internet? (Left 4 Dead 2)

Members, Hello!

Need advice from experts, Yes, it will be about pirates, so you can throw me rotten tomatoes.

However, what do we have? Two Repack from fellow Tolyak26, the first part of L4D is put and played great, second is OK, but having problems with startup.
After installation have two executable (tablet RevEmu):

1: Run_L4D2.exe - game starts but hangs on the loading screen (not tightly, killing it through the scheduler), before the appearance of the main menu.
2: left4dead2.exe - the game starts but crashes on the loading screen with an error message saying to continue you need to put Steam.

Run settings -steam -novid doesn't help, put more old and new versions of RevEmu tablets - the result is identical.
Plus I tried the pill SmartSteamEmu, which was included in the Repack, the result is again identical.
Put the two assemblies distributed with the game, and who would have thought, the same problem.
That is, the problem is not in pill or releases, and missing components required to start the game.

The last time I put the game back in 2009, there were also problems at the start, but all was solved by installing a Cracked Steam (at the time it was topical solution) now, of course, such heresy will not install.

From here and a few questions:
1: is it Possible to run Left 4 Dead 2 without Internet connection, install the trims and other things?
I jammed outgoing traffic from left4dead2.exe with the help of firewall, both in principle and always do, the first part offline to cheer.
2: If for the first run anyway you need Internet, you tell me what files the game wants to spool to run correctly?

I was looking for a solution on different forums, similar problems are and at of license holders, but they can download game, thereby correcting the errors start, as things pirates?
Some write that the first time you start the game there should be a binding to ip and the gland of the player, saying that without linking the fucking run.
2 Comments
Sort by:
H
HereticATH 29.09.20

Buy already a license in the steam and drive as much as the soul is convenient!
It is not expensive, and the nerves will save.
Why hover over this chichard with pills and quacks, when you know that the game is cool and you want to play it.
It's better to buy, seriously.

S
Stinger_Max 29.09.20

vityaz_24 wrote:
I need some advice from the connoisseurs, yes, it's going to be a pirate, so you can throw rotten tomatoes at me.
And rightly so. Let's go out there. Scrape the money from breakfast and buy the game, which is probably already 5 times for free. I wanted to hear it like that, so get drunk. You don't have to thank me.