3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aka_sektor 07.05.20 08:35 pm

\"Radio Enclave\" - \"stutter\" (Fallout 3)

Hi!

Faced with a problem in Fallout 3: gold edition. Radio Enclave from the beginning of the game stutters (the word radio vault 101, too).

Was looking for a way to solve this problem, and found. It turns out it was the FFDShow codec that I had installed as part of the pack of codecs for mounting all sorts of video in one program. He somehow influenced the sound in the game.
In General, I've removed the entire codec pack, with FFDShow, and now the radio in the game sounds as it should.

I was too lazy, but you could do differently, namely: to add a game to the exclusion list of FFDShow codec.

Instruction:
1) Go to start -> All programs;
2) Navigate to the folder of the codec FFDShow and run the Audio decoder configuration;
3) In the left pane, click on Info & debug. This is the second place in the list.
In the right pane, towards the bottom, find the line with the checkbox Don't use ffdshow in:
Check and in the text box underneath (it lights up when you check this line), add fallout3.exe (do not enter quotation marks). If the field already has entries, enter after the semicolon ( ; ), and then fallout3.exe. Do NOT use spaces, since FFDShow will consider them part of the file name. The correct entry looks like explorer.exe;fallout3.exe (without the quotes).

PS All the best!
5 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gaabs 07.05.20

on seven where to look

R
Rilect 07.05.20

It did not help. Win 7 x32

V
Vladimir Ageev 07.05.20

on win 7 and Vista you need to put compatibility with wine XP(sp3) I have earned

V
Vasiliy Tihonovvv 07.05.20

The solution to the problem with stuttering radio was VEEEERY easy!
In the game go to settings-audio and put the music volume

F
Filka Limonchikov 07.05.20

Vasily Tikhonow
Thank you very much. And that I'm on Windows 7 - XS, where codici to look...