3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Jacob Temple 10.05.20 11:08 am

Can you help?

Long tormented by the question. What distinguishes the map from the direct developer and third-party firms. Besides saving 10 Grand rubles if you buy it on the official website of NVIDIA. One gets the impression that NVIDIA produces raw cards and all sorts of busy emsia and other firms bring them to mind and sell much more expensive.

8 Comments
Sort by:
V
VOVAN WOLFovich 10.05.20

Jacob Temple
I wrote earlier, so copy:
The cooling preference more effective than standard turbines, so the ability to raise the operating frequency, i.e. podrzavati from the factory, with no worsening of thermal performance. Come to the conclusion that video cards with fans, even slightly (2-6% somewhere depending on the model), but more powerful (add to preferences redesigned the cooling system, then get the price tag, it is usually higher than that of the video card from the turbine of the reference).
Graphics card with turbine bypass usually, they produce at high loads the noise, judging by the reviews, but have plus throw the air in the computer case, i.e. the movement of air is horizontal when in preference — fan — vertical well, the distance traversed by the air is determined only by the thickness of the radiator — air in this case is emitted into the body, where according to physics, hot goes up and cold fills the bottom.
Reference / dereference:
Epicnerfness goes with the addition to the title phrase Founders Edition. This graphics card with the turbine, the air extraction is carried out at the computer case, it is certainly a plus. I treat them negatively, and here's why:
a) the Frequent mention of noise, especially during acceleration, the turbine of course has great momentum and have to grind more air, banishing it horizontally through all the sections of radiators.
b) If you look at it in a sectional type, the question arises, after all these fins with dust to clog and to clean the housing you have to remove.
C) such lesser overclocking potential, and higher temperature. While the air is passing one section of the radiator, it will heat up, then heated enters the second. All this kompensiruet speed and volume of air flow passing through the radiator drives the turbine, and noise. Recall that the horizontal movement of air, and he passed a greater distance. Has one profile — acceleration, for example MSI GeForce GTX1070 Founders Edition base frequency of the graphics core 1506 MHz, overclocking — 1683 MHz.
Preference, such as the MSI GeForce Gaming GTX1070 X 8G 8.0. It can be punched, and the difference will immediately see this is a typical radiator and a couple friends yeah bol fans. It is a variant from the manufacturer, often it is dispersed and further, the frequency of her still higher. I chose it, the reasons are:
a) of Course it is easy, because a couple of fans, they have not such high speed, even in the load (well, two/three fans against one of the turbine). This simple and reliable option, Yes bole familiar to many.
b) Blow the dust from it is much easier, the same compressor, there is where to crawl, even the most stupid, mouth so to speak, and something to blow to get a much better t to the thickness of the radiator is small and the air outlet immediately.
C) If you look at the disassembled version, one can see that the airflow passes a much smaller way — vertically, it is in turn influenced by corny the thickness of the radiator, because the fan picks up fresh, cooler air, and direct it to the radiator, each section of your fan, they can two or three.
g) they Have and the frequency can be set higher from the factory are profiles, so the MSI has three profiles — OC Mode (1797 MHz — overclocking/ 1607 MHz — base), Gaming Mode (1771 MHz — overclocking / 1582 MHz — base), and Silent Mode (1683 MHz — overclocking / 1506-basic MHz). OC mode — Increased the value of the core clock and fan speed to gain a best performance. Gaming mode (default) — Ensures stable operation at high frequencies. Silent mode — the Best settings for the lowest level of noise.
Dopolnitelnaja choice reference/dereference figured out now remains for the choice of the manufacturer. Then everyone chooses their own, who to the soul closer again, user experience, accessibility, and Yes, I agree that for the brand sometimes you have to overpay (for example palit always cost less other), and the store sets the final price tag (what it depends on, is another question), for example, I choose MSI, they recognize the marriage from the throttle, I will not say that it is the ideal manufacturer, marriages and disadvantages can be found at all. In General, one way or another graphics card the same and sometimes different frequencies, well-designed system of cooling there is liquid cooling system, and is more or less effective fans, this is all the difference between them, and of the manufacturer (cheat for the brand). But here the only difference is the manufacturer, price and number of fans. It is equally important to note that the Gaming was usually (not always), at least slightly, but higher frequencies and the possibility of, well, partly in the crackdown.
Corrections to this comparison:
FreeFinder999: the Flow of air so powerful (the graphics card with the turbine) that there is no dust on the fan does not accumulate. If the previous video card dual fan cleaned a minimum of every two months, the current reference with the turbine do not clean a year and a half. The flaws you noted is true — the noise WITH load, high temperature, acceleration limiting.

J
Jacob Temple 10.05.20

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you for the detailed response.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 10.05.20

Jacob Temple
Always please contact.

A
AnPei 10.05.20

VOVAN WOLF
Question - my PC CPU i7-4790k mother Z97 PC Mate RAM 12 GB . 1600. Want a RAM with a frequency of 2400 since having two monitors on one play in the second usually in YouTube crash . To run the memory at 2400 I need to get into the BIOS and setup to change ?

M
MunchkiN 616 10.05.20

in nature there are reference cards and Fudge any pitch engineers.
reference cards sometimes there are other companies tohdou platico for the brand.
each spreading not reference is the actual pitch story. to cool the cards are usually reinforced with food and sometimes non-standard PCB

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 10.05.20

An__ei
Yes, to change the mode, go into the BIOS. Usually RAM has XMP profile, which will be noted in the specifications on RAM, this profile have, I have all the sets, so enough of it will change, without any unnecessary problems.
Just want to note that this motherboard is in the profile mark - 1866*/2000*/2133* /2200*/2400*/2600*/2666* /2800*/3000*(*OC). The asterisk above the number means that the RAM will work in acceleration (OS - boost), and has a probability to start. I was such.
Actually about the profile and support for this motherboard, read here:
All описаноhttp://club.dns-shop.ru/forum/?action=thread&id=107435
BUT, I will add: I Have exactly the same tag and the processor 4790k, z97 sli krait edition RAM: DDR3-2400 Kingston HyperX Beast KHX24C11T3K2/16X. Earned at a frequency of 2400 with no problems.
I think You can not survive.

A
AnPei 10.05.20

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 10.05.20

An__ei
No problem, always welcome!