3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
Ursa_Pank 10.05.20 07:25 pm

The original or Long War which to choose. (XCOM 2)

I passed the game when it just came out without the DLS and all sorts of mods.
Please tell me whether to pass the game with the additions of alien hunter and Last gift Shen or start from the mod Long War.
Want to know the fashion of Long War storyline is heavily modified compared to the original or only pumping, etc.. ?
12 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hirok 10.05.20

Ursa_Pank
better wait for war of the chosen.

S
SemyStall 10.05.20

Original

17723 10.05.20

Original

S
Super Soniko 10.05.20

Try to overpower 2 of the passage in a row (or with some interval): original and LW2. And look, the War of the Chosen will be released by the end of the first/second/n-th pass.

B
BarackKamacho 10.05.20

long war will definitely have to find out for a long time,but it's worth it,this mod is on 10 goals higher than the original for tactical depth

L
Luk-Wiktor 10.05.20

Long War by far.

U
Ursa_Pank 10.05.20

I definitely want to play through war of gods
And on account of the Russian translation of have you heard ? Promised to release after the release of patch Last gift Shen. The patch came out long ago and sovochki and nanhou anywhere. With Rus. voice acting played much atmospheric are not distracted by reading subtitles.

L
Luk-Wiktor 10.05.20

Ursa_Pank
There is a nearly finished project voice:
Спойлерhttps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhk3i6sQIyx1717N-_J_njipXUC0HDN6t

D
Dragon2055 10.05.20

By far the original. It certainly adds a couple of nice buns (3 branches of character development instead of 2 and laser weapons), but at the same time makes the game a hell of a hardcore and long. If the original I the fighting lasted well, a maximum of 20 minutes, then an hour of time you can throw out the minimum. Played with a long pitch 2 weeks, and then suddenly lost the company and he did not understand why. It looks like the Avatar project was completed, but because of the fashion, his progress was not displayed. Total: two weeks down the drain. So original, odnozna4no of the original. And only after it, if there is nothing you can do to try a long var, but not Vice versa.

z
zuboskal68 10.05.20

Dragon2055 wrote:
By far the original.
Oh? For me - definitely, no options choice for LW2. The original took place several times, but when put LW2, I realized that in fact he did not play. Longer to play? Of course. MUCH longer. So this is the trick. For me so at the time rather than endlessly replay of the week campaign for the company, quietly playing a couple of months in ONE campaign. During this time, the soldiers become like family, and their number grows to 6-7 teams 8-10 snouts in the squad. Yes, I have twice lost avatar. What? Difficulties we must not be terrible))) more with each error, digging in the forum, you begin to understand what I was doing wrong. LW2 is much more difficult to source, I suggest playing on the easiest level of difficult missions with insufficient penetration and it is more than enough, but will not be a mad race with time, the game will be more or less steady and comfortable, as if suddenly bored and wanted complexity, so it is always possible to arrange, without changing the balance of the game. Mission penetration -- in my opinion the course is brilliant.

L
LightHOwUSE 10.05.20

LW1 was intuitive and clear. Around improved version of the original. LW2 bulky, it takes a long time to understand these groups, with long days of waiting wounded soldiers, and most importantly - customization of the heap soldiers of this time and effort. And the number of mods on the original is huge. Grimi Loot card, optionally on the timer and the avatar just the timer on the missions, and classes in the mod no less present. Besides, LW2 does not bring into play the major operations, like a dreadnought. Salt LW1 was in frequent carriers, fighter planes-dreadnoughts, the monopoly on the extension classes, especially cybernetic.

Unlike Xcom 1, the second has two nasty characteristics. The timer on the avatar = don't play fun maps, and rush into the story, not to lose. The timer on the missions - do not allow to enjoy on different tactics, different squads, different loot - and just so you know, frosty Gren in the mouth and run, run, yeah postrelivat on luck.

The original LW1 shone its customizability, a huge number of options available to config. Yes, and the card battles in LW1 was deprived of the husk, honed sketchy. LW2 is a bulky add-on so stuffed with husk of the original.

In the end, if you choose LW2 just need to realize that there it is necessary vbuhat a month or so clean time to thoroughly understand, to begin to ownit, and win... It should be this month. If it is unnecessary, and all the intricacies to understand, LW2 quite a diverse original)

z
zuboskal68 10.05.20

LightHOwUSE wrote:
LW2 bulky, it takes a long time to understand these groups, with long days of waiting wounded soldiers, and most importantly - customization of the heap soldiers of this time and effort.
I do not argue. But I Express my opinion - when compared to the original хсом2 c LW2 vote for the latter in all its complexity. Because a hundredfold more interesting.
LightHOwUSE wrote:
And the number of mods on the original huge
And whether this quantity to chase, especially since there's a chance of running into a conflict with these mods? For me the most important mod to LW2 is evacall, General evacuation, a really good and necessary thing. Everything else, as you say, the husk.
LightHOwUSE wrote:
Here I will not argue. The timer on the avatar thing is ugly, meaningless and batters pleasure. With a timer on the mission I was pretty much friends, always have time with plenty of moves and virtually no injuries. Developed the group with maximum weapons with proper guidance makes the army. Even consisting entirely of recruits, the squad is taken because of a lack of fighters, normally armed and equipped able to cope with a major challenge. Not without problems, Yes, but absolutely without them it is impossible, otherwise it will be boring, isn't it?)
LightHOwUSE wrote:
The original LW1 shone its customizability, a huge number of options available to config.
Always a lot of things missing. And never absolutely will not. We play with what we have.
LightHOwUSE wrote:
It should be this month. If it is unnecessary, and all the intricacies to understand, LW2 quite a diverse original)
It which way to look. Too much? Why would it? The fun in games like XCOM brings is not the result but the process. And I this process in lw2 brought a lot of fun. Therefore, for different things, there are all sorts of flaws and defects simply do not pay attention. There is no place to go, the game will not rewrite)) Prefer to think that the glass is half full, not half empty))