3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pakc666 12.05.20 03:05 pm

Fails to capture the city. (Sid Meier's Civilization 5)

Guys, help, can't capture any city.
Tried to capture as cities and independent cities. The outcome is the same. I have a huge army with the bleeding on the siege the enemy dumb one squad of archers and the city. Should I just go to the cell as the city makes all of the closest my team, leaving one or two units, archers finish off. It does not matter that I have modern artillery, and the enemy medieval bows and catapults.

With my dumber moves. I can surround the city anything, my firing on the city from all surrounding cells gives me a -1 unit from those archers and about 0.5% of the damage of the city, which naturally is easily restored to the next track. In the end, moves through 5-10 of my army remains nothing, and the city is unharmed.

I myself am a new player, Explain, can I shoot wrong, or something is not activated. That kind of nonsense.
14 Comments
Sort by:
k
ko4ur3d 12.05.20

Pakc666
And what is the difficulty?

P
Pakc666 12.05.20

ko4ur3d
Average.

A
ArcherBro 12.05.20

what unit are you trying to capture?

M
Mixagan 12.05.20

need catapults, trebuchets and better. Ordinary units in the beginning it is very difficult to capture.

M
Mixagan 12.05.20

well, Rob improve on the squares of the city of the enemy, atleast health restore units.

P
Pakc666 12.05.20

ArcherBro
Started with archers and warriors, in the early stages, then the crossbowmen and swordsmen, then catapults and horses, then arteleriya and infantry + vehicles, the result is always the same.

B
BIBIKON 12.05.20

City-the country's first building wall, if the state at the borders usually at the secondary level they do not build walls, down melee units(3 is usually enough), to the city and put them in defense, catapults or what have ranged( depending on development preferably a couple at least) shell as the scale will not be acceptable, and then attack melee. The seizure is assured.

B
BIBIKON 12.05.20

You write that artillery modern(she has a ranged option or something like this, which does not allow the city to get to her, but need her stedall visibility, ie to bring any Unit that sees the city and the city prior arts can not get it, remember It)

B
BIBIKON 12.05.20

Crossbowmen is better to skip the technology, if not for China play, there's more then you can progress without them.
Tips subjective, long-playing ( 900 hours)
I remember writing)
All Peace

t
thanxme 12.05.20

Pakc666
And you have a license or the pirate? If pirate, then she can go with mod.files that spoil the game. And generally just infantry and MLRS or arty enough to capture cities even on max difficulty

P
Pakc666 12.05.20

leviathan053
Stimovsky license.

t
thanxme 12.05.20

Pakc666
Well, then you can give advice to undergo training, as far as I remember, it's all very detailed, 5-Oh, 6-Oh

P
Pakc666 12.05.20

BIBIKON
Thanks for the tips!
It helped me.

P
Pakc666 12.05.20

In General guys, topic can be closed.
To be honest, I did not understand what I was doing wrong all this time, but going into the game to try again it worked for me. Maybe the game is buggy, maybe just not shoot so.
For those who are faced with the same problem and looking for solutions, will describe how to solve the problem
:
HOW TO HARM THE CITY?
It's all about the tactics. Down to the city ranged units (crossbowmen, archers, catapults, cannons or arteleriya, depending on the era), as much as possible. The more protected the city, the more units you need. To do so, the shelling of the protected city (50 units of protection) will be enough for 4-5 groups. Keep in mind that some of them can knock out the emerging units of protection, so keep in reserve behind the front line 2-3 replacement units, not to wait until naarmada new. The shelling of the city need to ceaselessly and inflict damage greater than the renewal, otherwise it's a waste of time (my mistake was that, I shot 2 artileriya and regeneration was higher damage, so I'm almost 1000 years it is useless to waste time and units). Once the life bar turned red, time to go capture.

HOW TO CAPTURE THE CITY?
Above I was advised to bring melee units to attack, but it is useless, especially in the later stages. The city makes them with one stroke and no use with them. But they are needed. While you are shelling the city with guns, keep in the rear of the 1-3 band of soldiers melee (warriors, swordsman, kolwiki, arrows, spears and the like). They will need you when the life bar of the city turns red. As soon as she became such, begin gradually with two or better on three sides to bring to the city closely this most infantry. Usually to bring these units only have about two moves, so it's better to do it when you came to pokrasnenia strips life of the city.
When everything is ready, once again, spend whole volleys of their artillery (crossbows, bows, catapults) until the moment when the life of the strip will remain a couple of barely visible pixels. And only then click on the attack infantry. It is important that in any case was ready the second unit, because if the city will suddenly be able to destroy the first, all have to start again. Infantry is exposed to the bombardment of the city and then quietly enters the room. All ready, the city is yours.

AND LASTLY
After the city was captured, srazu start to build there court. This will reduce the discontent and the city will actively resist attempts to get him back by the enemy. It is much more useful than walls. And only after the trial can build the wall.