3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nikto v nigde 13.05.20 01:44 pm

Why no racing game realistic damage model?

There is a perception that the availability of a realistic damage model in a racing game prevent two main reasons: the First is technical limitations, lack the computing power of a modern content PC. Which in my opinion is complete nonsense. Developers would be able to implement and develop the necessary technology, if they had the desire. A good example of this - BeamNG(about rigs of rods do not say, because of this very few people know). Four unknown enthusiasts, some poor students, creates a realistic damage model, a car that works and looks awesome! Yes, there are plenty of shortcomings, bugs, critical errors, etc., but bitch did four what that poor bastard! Now, I think it is not difficult to guess what will happen if before you put the goal, to create and optimize such technology, some large Studio with experienced, professional developers and a budget of a few tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. But even if we assume that the normal functioning of soft-body physics in principle, not possible on modern hardware, it is possible to make it at least in a slightly simplified form, or to make scriptomania damage (damage, not scratches and dents) which would be after hitting the post, or wall at a speed of 200 km\h the car looked and behaved accordingly. Can also share the car let's say $ 10 conventional parts, and that would be the case of strong shocks (for example sideways on the pole), the car flew into two pieces, or when you hit in front of the machine or the hood, this part came off or crushed.
The second reason why the racing game is missing though, would be more or less adequate model of damage Allegedly due to the fact that car manufacturers (who are licensed and in the game), forbid the developers that they would have the cars in the game were destroyed (only small dents and scratches acceptable), allegedly because the form of broken cars of their brand, hurts the image of the automaker, and provides the potential buyer ideas about is not the safety of their cars.
Well, this is complete nonsense, what nonsense!? It just pisses me off, is that true? It is because of some cowardly, greedy bastards I can't fully enjoy the fucking races? Is this some kind of official confirmation (for example from any auto manufacturer), you can some links to give me? I nor any evidence is not found, at least in the Russian segment of the Internet.
Just not necessary here to rant about unnecessary destruction. They just do not need whiny children who just want to drive aimlessly and crash into anything that moves and drochery who stupidly want to pass everyone in a race online to show how cool they will assert themselves, and the realistic response of the car collision, and say flow of tires due to aggressive driving for them is not an element that adds realism but just once, don't need the obstacle to self-affirmation (the same KS, pillbox, HERE etc. players who derive pleasure not from gameplay, but from its place in the ranking and ratio to\d). I think everyone understands that the more difficult to reach the goal in the game, the more enjoyment from the game process and achieve the goal you get. Perfect proof - game series souls.
Thank you.
14 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ignatyeff 13.05.20

nobody in nowhere
In BeamNG the Cars crash because they are not licensed, and in simulations for example, publishers of machinery wouldn't want their machines broken, because it spoils their image or something like that, so the maximum that you can do is to add soft damage and scratches...

n
nikto v nigde 13.05.20

Ignatyeff
What kind of proof is this?
Did you even read what I wrote?

M
MunchkiN 616 13.05.20

why there is no simulation of friction of the tires and the torque force on the hanger which you would honestly move the car according to the real laws of Newton peck-peck
and in beaming particularly no fuseki. ie it's there but this was possible on POSIX accelerators without inertial waves in the material
here only similar bellies a little friendly with the CPU part if you are not considered on it, and there the signs say so blocking. therefore, the actual physics with Newton and strength of materials still will not be very long if you finally will. may be when in bakeries and kanalah will processare ring shiny will be some sort of carbon flataut with machines of foil.
while through traffic would not be coherent large-scale physics of water with waterfalls and dams will not be fun o OK.
also as noted avtomobilnye corporations don't want their more uchastovali in accidents

n
nikto v nigde 13.05.20

MunchkiN 616
MunchkiN 616 wrote: why there is no simulation of friction of the tires and the torque force on the hanger which you would honestly move the car according to real Newton's laws
Well, simulation of friction tires there is at least the second rfactor.
MunchkiN 616 wrote: as well as noted avtomobilnye corporations don't want their more uchastovali in accidents
Here is where? There are links to an interview with some developers of the racing, or with representatives of the automakers who declare it?

W
Wing42 13.05.20

nobody in nowhere
I your wagon, of course, did not read it because the water splashing, but allow you to create your own simulator with completely realistic damage model™. Well and play at the same time in FlatOut.

J
JUnnAmmED 13.05.20

nobody in nowhere
Read it,you will be interested:https://games.mail.ru/pc/articles/feat/skolko_stoit_vkljuchit_v_igru_ferrari/

n
nikto v nigde 13.05.20

Wing42
If you have not read the my cart, then why the hell you write to me here?

W
Wing42 13.05.20

nobody nowhere wrote:
If you have not read the my cart, then why the hell you write to me here?
The causes of this event and my motives are simple:
1) You know nothing about the racing game;
2) You know nothing about the damage model and can not even imagine how difficult it is to thoroughly explore;
3) You know nothing about writing a text that is pleasant and interesting to read;
4) you Have two profiles on the forum. Here is the second: http://users.playground.ru/2458482/
5) You whine instead of having to collect the balls, bite the bullet and play FlatOut already mentioned;
6) You don't accept opinions different from his and snuffles about evidence, pruflink as, however, and your second profile;
7) You are a boor and judgments harsh like a diarrhea.

n
nikto v nigde 13.05.20

Wing42
Wing42 wrote: the Causes of this event and my motives are simple:
1) You know nothing about the racing game;
2) You know nothing about the damage model and can not even imagine how difficult it is to thoroughly explore;
3) You know nothing about writing a text that is pleasant and interesting to read;
4) you Have two profiles on the forum. Here is the second: users.playground.ru/2458482/
5) You whine instead of having to collect the balls, bite the bullet and play FlatOut already mentioned;
6) You don't accept opinions different from his and snuffles about evidence, pruflink as, however, and your second profile;
7) You are a boor and judgments harsh Aki diarrhea.
1) And you know what?
2) It is generally that supposed to mean? Gotta feel sorry for the developers as they find it difficult or what? It's their job perhaps?
3) Well excuse me your Highness, I do not hit you. I tried, honestly.
4) I Have one profile, but since you argue, then argue with you and more to prove something is stupid and useless.
5) >You know nothing about racing game
Flatout - racing :)
6) I accept any opinion and criticism if they are constructive and justified. What's wrong if I ask you to give a confirmation? To take people at their word, especially on the Internet is not entirely logical. About profile I'm not even going to argue.
7) Not much better than you.

n
nikto v nigde 13.05.20

JUnnAmmED
I read, it's all very vague and about the destruction of the car" just a few words.

W
Wing42 13.05.20

nobody in nowhere
1) I Yes.
2) the Developers don't owe you personally anything, except in compliance with the pre-release promises. Which, however, sometimes clogged the bolt.
3) Not everyone.
4) Well then it's your identical twin brother.
5) FlatOut - spectacular arcade racing with the sought you and destructible damage model. Enjoy.
6) nobody is obliged to prove something. Want proof - he will find. Not going to look - so you're not very important.
7) the phrase you used is not the place.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.05.20

nobody in nowhere
this is logical. look in the trash razmorozhennogo car psychologically bad effect on buy it and the owners of this automobile will feel OK nekomfortno.
so high that their skin is wrinkled without deformation of the bearing and the protective frame of a cabin voschem

L
LIRW 13.05.20

nobody in nowhere
It's just a game... it is done in order to bring some pleasure and not burning farts from the slightest accident on the track.

O
Osa777 13.05.20

Because it is just a game which gives an idea of the road