3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CowardMeme 14.05.20 01:08 pm

Error starting generals (Command & Conquer: Generals)

Can't run the game :-(
Comp:
win 10 x64
i5-4200m cpu @ 2.50 GHz 2.50 GHz
RAM 8Gb
NVIDIA GeForce 750M
-Options.ini change did not help
-Reinstalled, did not help
First tried to put Contra 007 - failed. For the sake of interest tried to put the original, too, failed. Guys I'm confused, what do I do?
21 Comments
Sort by:
C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

t
tarakan_kiev 14.05.20

CowardMeme wrote:
win 10 x64
engine probit 64 bit try to (fix salesnote)

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

tarakan_kiev
tarakan_kiev wrote:
How Windows to try?

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

tarakan_kiev wrote:
To Xp, says paused game.dat after xp gives the error above

Z
Zhenya Astrahancev 14.05.20

10 wines x64 In compatibility mode with XP sp3 and administrator works without problems.

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

Eugene Astrakhan
Doesn't work..., Options.ini change did not help. Gets the same error You have encountered a serious error...

M
MoS_Art 14.05.20

CowardMeme
Sohranki not important? Try to remove the game completely, including after the removal of the Generals to find them. It is created after you install and run normally on the drive/users/your profile/data/then it seems to be Games or Games/Generals. I do not remember as there is no access to a computer now to look. Identity and prowess. In General it is necessary to clean all those files that remain after uninstalling. Maybe this will help

Z

CowardMeme
And what exactly did you change in Options.ini ? There is nothing but permissions should not be changed.

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

Eugene Astrakhan
You know, just the permission to put. When run with win98 gets 'terminated the game service.dat

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

MoS_Art
Deleted folder Documents' and deleted the game, where else can sit?

Z

CowardMeme
I say XP should sp3 or Vista try..

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

Eugene Astrakhan
not working, tried...

Z

CowardMeme
What rip? I like furs put.

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

Eugene Astrakhan
Yes, mechanics

Z

CowardMeme
DAMN!!!! Try the game installer to run in compatibility with XP sp3. I like that set!

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

Eugene Astrakhan
Try, unsubscribed

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

Eugene Astrakhan
---- not working

M
MoS_Art 14.05.20

CowardMeme
The installed General Mechanics on vin10, everything goes without problems. The error is, I had it a long time ago to get rid of it was helped by Windows reinstallation, respectively, the logic necessary to clean computer from residual files left over after uninstalling generals. Maybe in the registry some entries remain.. If you delete the folder in My documents did not help, I suggest using any good program to remove the game itself, maybe she'll clean out unnecessary files

Z

CowardMeme
XS....reg organizer clean PC.With Windows maybe that...And the wood on vidyuhi what version?
Another problem may be due to the integrated vidyuhi (nothing to do).
May also conflict with the antivirus.

C
CowardMeme 14.05.20

Eugene Astrakhan
Vidyuhi not built into the cost(not integrated), last updated firewood, now try to clean the computer