3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Y3000 15.05.20 12:15 pm

The fight at close range (Endless Space 2)

How to fight at close range?
Ships don't charge at the enemy, so the whole fight just fly off without attacking.
14 Comments
Sort by:
U
Umbasus 15.05.20

Distance fleets depends on the chosen tactics. In General, the rays of the crane risky weapon. The enemy can throw all the vehicles on the adjacent line, then they generally never shoot.

K
Kelllhus 15.05.20

Any strategy of interception and put your ships directly trample on the enemy.

Y
Y3000 15.05.20

Kelllhus
is what? Of the three available strategies Barrage,Team spirit and Strengthening shields none are under attack.

Y
Y3000 15.05.20

Umbasus
And what tactics to take? Risky of course, but interesting to try

R
Ruslan45 15.05.20

The choice depends on WHAT kind of PROTECTION CHOSEN by the ENEMY. If the enemy protect against the beam, then you need to put the WEAPON firing PROJECTILES.. There is protection against PROJECTILES, then RADIATION.
You need to go to tehu allowing you to combine a greater number of ships in a single fleet.
In most cases on normal difficulty 4 scout pull battle with the medium pirate ship.
And tactics more taxis
- Increased shields
IMHO it's all very specific. To sit EXACTLY should not be.

It is also useful to have a hero in the Navy with useful upgrades ON the DAMAGE...the PROTECTION of...

H
Huskarl Krstk 15.05.20

Ы3000
And you put the guns on the ships set? :O

U
Umbasus 15.05.20

Ы3000
The one which is most close range (shrapnel, turtle, etc.) In any case, the problem rays that they shoot only at close range(and damage). In the game there are 3 phases of combat like in the first part. If the opponent chooses the far distance, but near you, then your fleet will be near only to the third phase of the battle. And this is a risk that you could lose almost all vehicles before they can start to attack. But the biggest danger is waiting for you FOR when the enemy enough to distribute the ships on various lines. With an average line of ships can fire in the extreme when the middle line of the enemy empty all weapons except for beams with extreme only on average.

Recently played for lumenis, the Empire tried to shower me with battleships fully armed rays. I had 8 offensive and 2 defensive Corvette armed only Titan missile 10 team points. The Empire sent radiation battleships on packs NP 20 command points, 6 battleships and 2 corvettes. During the battle my ships were grouped on the middle line, in the far distance under a tactics of fire. While the Imperial battleships were scattered on all three lines. It turned out that the middle line was destroyed even at long range, and ships on other lines could not attack at all phases of the battle and was killed by rockets. Thus was destroyed the fleets of 8 20КО one fleet on 10КО. Yes the computer could throw all the ships in the middle line and my frigates just not physically have time to destroy all the battleships to close range, while even 1 ray battleship would destroy almost my entire fleet. And on the other hand I could throw all the ships on the extreme line, and again to destroy the fleet computer without any loss. The fleet formation introduces too much randomness. Fleets of battleships could rearm, making the mixture kinetics and beams, then my missiles wouldn't have flown, but the Imperial fleets right after the jump fell into the system under the protection of the fleet.

In my opinion the most balanced version of this kinetics and the installation of beams in a cell of heavy modification. Full protection from missiles, good damage at medium and close range, hybrid damage, middle-distance easy to get into, opportunities to use different tactics. Well poke can only fleet fully armed with lasers at long range.

Y
Y3000 15.05.20

Umbasus wrote:
The one which is most close range (shrapnel, turtle, etc.)
Where to see what is close range? Is Barrage,Team spirit and Strengthening shields none are under attack .I have no shrapnel, no the turtle at the start of the game, and a ray gun for close combat there. It turns out that with these strategies I just can't use it and need to open the shrapnel and the tortoise?

Y
Y3000 15.05.20

Umbasus wrote:
In any case, the problem rays that they shoot only at close range(and damage). In the game there are 3 phases of combat like in the first part. If the opponent chooses the far distance, but near you, then your fleet will be near only to the third phase of the battle. And this is a risk that you could lose almost all vehicles before they can start to attack. But the biggest danger is waiting for you FOR when the enemy enough to distribute the ships on various lines. With an average line of ships can fire in the extreme when the middle line of the enemy empty all weapons except for beams with extreme only on average.
But you can also put a guardian in the modules increase the chance of becoming a goal, and while it will pick your fly up and dismantle the enemy fleet. And about TO on line you just need to keep up. Yes, the location of the fleet makes a random, but it's fun, gives its own flavor boevka games.

U
Umbasus 15.05.20

Ы3000
Press F5 battle tactics. Open all available tactics. At the top of each card battle tactics there are three dotted lines. Each of which means line of attack. On each dotted line is the highlighted part, it denotes the target distance attacks (you can hover and see the details). For example, barrage is two lines long and one line middle distance attack. Before the fight can open the menu advanced version of tactical training. It is possible to manually spread out the ships on the right lines.

U
Umbasus 15.05.20

Ы3000
It is possible and necessary, just not the fact that he Protocol until the right moment.

Y
Y3000 15.05.20

Umbasus
so what is this line %)))) And I thought that just the card design like this.

Y
Y3000 15.05.20

Umbasus
well you can, and put two tanks and modules on other. Tried to Odanah at the start of the game when raids on minors, works fine, though the distance was far.

U
Umbasus 15.05.20

Ы3000
Yes, though how much you can take. I usually take a minimum of 1 per line. Against the computer it works fine. Especially in the beginning. However, by mid-late game variations of armor and weapons is very large. You can run into a complete counter to the type of protection of tanks, and the Navy deep in the rear and rearm will not work. To they can burst very quickly.