3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex497 15.05.20 12:36 pm

Hangs with a large number of bots (Total Annihilation)

Hello to all fans of the game! I have a small problem. On a relatively powerful PC, the game is terribly broken in terms of fps. If the map is over 2000 bots and the more, the stronger the sags.
I tried to set the priority via the Manager does not help...
PS Total Annihilation
Spoiler alert(steam version (though irrelevant))8.1.2 Escalation
Spoiler(the latest version at the time of writing this topic.)
4 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 15.05.20

Alex497 wrote:
If the map is over 2000 bots
What kind of bots? Do you mean units? That is, tanks, airplanes, cbati, builders... is It?
I had no brakes from this number, but if the units (including enemy units on the map) under ten thousand, then Yes ) Sometimes the game crashes even, but if it is the mod to play...
Why? Probably a game like that. Several thousand active units on the map, in any game too much, he think...

A
Alex497 15.05.20

A. Soldier of Light
Yes, I meant the units :) I often play with the mod escalation and there is a limit of these units is increased. There is, for example, such a map (not standard) at the skirmish on 8 teams. And if you run such a card with all slots (8/8) after half an hour of the game will be a good idea so left..
But this I understand is normal. The game is not new and it was not designed for such number of units. I just wanted to ask znatakov that can now there are some optimized versions or patches.... And so often when you load the game, it is necessary first to upload the same empty map, and then only to their preservation. Otherwise the game with 100% chance if you simply fly directly to shipping.

But I repeat that all of the above only applies to the game with the mod escalation and increased the number of units (like from 250 to 1000 from each team).
But even despite these hang-UPS, slight jerking and the General slowness of the game still no less fun!

A
A.Soldier of Light 15.05.20

Alex497 wrote:
maybe now there are some optimized versions or patches....
Where there are patches ) Fashion is, of course, there are actually hundreds of units - more (new!). I rocked thousands of units from one site, there is an impressive archive to the game. Then its compilation units did, here it is:
http://www.playground.ru/files/total_annihilation_high_technology_addon_1-22475

Alex497 wrote:
But I repeat that all of the above only applies to the game with the mod escalation and increased the number of units (like from 250 to 1000 from each team).
This is not something you find in the Internet the patch-mod 5000 units ) That is the limit of units per player is 5000! )
It is called: 5,000 Total Annihilation Unit Patch (there is a comma instead of a point, everything written is true)

A
Alex497 15.05.20

A. Soldier of Light
A. Soldier of Light wrote:
This is not something you find in the Internet the patch-mod 5000 units ) That is the limit of units per player is 5000!
Ahaha! Well, if I stuck with 1000 units for each player, I don't even know what will happen if on one map there will be 8 teams, 5 thousand units. And so, in fact, to me personally these 1000 eyes)

And mod interesting) Then I will look. Thank you!