3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Archieshorter 15.05.20 01:46 pm

About updating hardware.

Hello! Want to upgrade your PC a bit but the budget is almost there. Thought upgrade(up to RTX2070), to buy some operatives and put the SSD. And then I have a question about the processor. I have intel core i5-4440 cpu @ 3.10 ghz. Tell me, is it worth it to change or it still will work fine in a modern AAA projects tipo RDR2? And how it will work together with RTX2070?
22 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 15.05.20

so patch it is possible if the current card is already quite a bunch.
but high fps to expect from this processor is not worth and the cult of disclosure of the percent of cards such upgrade will not approve graphics cards. so as a transitional option is possible.
and on account of рдр2 don't know everyone is talking about the one he is demanding for the graphics card and watchdogs 2, AC sources and Odysseus finally good if stable 30+fps on the ultra must be. as that so.
I have for example something like AMD 6100 FKH+ 2060с well, where the processor completely sucks and is not playable somewhere as the somewhere, and vidyuhi but overall, the games felt better.
but it is worth noting that 2000 sera probably quickly deflated, in performance and in 2 years will be absolutely not relevant

R
RikoChiko 15.05.20

If not take the SSD and video card in DDR3 makes sense to invest only if you have less than 8GB.
The video card should be taken only if the price is very tasty. First, the price for parts has increased greatly.

s
saa0891 15.05.20

Archieshorter
Vidyahu change is in fact the only thing that will give a real boost in performance,especially the level of RTX2070,well, if Opera 8 gigs can also be another 8 to add.
At the expense of Prots,of course,he is weak, but in General it is possible to play modern AAA projects,except in highly processorsamsung games Ala Yubisoft will be well to sink.

M
Marsj 15.05.20

The percents will be as a bottom neck
Spoiler
https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core_i5-4440/GeForce_RTX_2070/0wx12xlu/16/

A
Archieshorter 15.05.20

Marsj
What is Bottomneck?

M
Marsj 15.05.20

Archieshorter
Bottleneck for video.

A
Archieshorter 15.05.20

Marsj
That is, in any case, you need to upgrade the processor?

M
Marsj 15.05.20

Archieshorter
If the goal is to unleash the full potential of this card, Yes.

v
vitalik76 15.05.20

Oh, this sect of raskryvaetsya graphics cards. The author has not written what his video card now, sorry. From upgrading the video card is the point in any case. Of course depending on op of the percent difference may be less significant, but if now as video card some kind of gag type 1050ti, the new vidyuhi performance add on any even with the old percent. From SSD will always be good, because the disk performance will change as the heaven and earth. As for the operatives, again, we must look much now. If it's 8, it is necessary to take at least as much again. If it's 16, then it is possible operatives not to buy.

A
Archieshorter 15.05.20

vitalik76
I now have a 970 and 8GB RAM DDR3

M
Marsj 15.05.20

Archieshorter
https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core_i5-4440/GeForce_RTX_2070/0wx12xlu/8/
vs
https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core_i5-4440/GeForce_GTX_970/0wx0LElu/8/

The percents does not pull even 970.
Better to think about changing the CPU and video card then.

A
Archieshorter 15.05.20

Actually, I want to upgrade the computer for RDR2 and subsequent releases. I recently bought it and was met with what the game is about 30-40 frames(it is nice for my old man) but constantly frieze to 1-3 frames.

v
vitalik76 15.05.20

Archieshorter wrote:
but constantly frieze to 1-3 frames.
RAM you have is not enough. You should at least 16GB. And SSD to load quickly passed. From videokarty, to say the witnesses raskryvanie, Prok too. But no the video card is lack of memory is not correct. But again, we must look at the capabilities of your motherboard. If she already has the focus upgrade, it makes no sense to invest in an old memory.

V
Vaipen 15.05.20

To vperdolit can be anything, if mother allows. At least 2080. And then create 100500 forums for I'm frieze, buzzes, farts and hot, as that in fact video cool 1111 . Because Google is the fact that this percent gth 1050 is the ceiling in terms of compatibility for the best experience, the religion of the Veda does not allow.

S
SonyK_2 15.05.20

Archieshorter
I have Athlon II x4 640, i5-4460 i7-4790K - even last in some of the optimized games, for the GTX 960, with my permission (in the profile), is not always enough. A good video card is half of the work, without productive CPU can easily be...
Vaipen wrote:
...then create 100500 forums for I'm frieze, buzzes, farts and hot, as that in fact video cool...
It's true - we played in different games on the above processors with the same video card and RAM (960-I and 16 GB of RAM). In processorsamsung games will be like this:
Spoilersthis video was only 1 game on a different CPU.
Athlon II x4 640:

i5-4460:

i7-4790K:

Because of the weaker CPU, framerate does not always reach 60 fps, especially noticeable in Athlone. Approximately the same will be in the old games, poorly designed for multi-threading - performance single CPU core will depend on the loading of GP. I.e. because of the processor RTX 2070 will not be loaded to the max, and stand is to operate at half capacity or even less.

B
BaatarTengu 15.05.20

Archieshorter
Protsyk your still more or less not far removed from mine. Map take 2070 and don't listen to inappropriate raskryvanie and Zhdanov, like a particular generation of cards pass. I had your percent. It is still a lot that can with a good card. 2070 is a very good map at the moment.

P
Palych Rokov 15.05.20

Archieshorter wrote:
Thought upgrade(up to RTX2070), to buy some operatives and put the SSD. And then I have a question about the processor. I have intel core i5-4440 cpu @ 3.10 ghz. Tell me, is it worth it to change or it still will work fine in a modern AAA projects tipo RDR2?
Of course you should change it, 4 cores are not already in the arc, in processorsamsung games you have it will be the weak link, 2070 card is weak, than to take it better to wait for release of the 30 series, there is more memory in the rays of the 30-series can normally

BaatarTengu wrote:
Protsyk your still more or less not far removed from mine. Map take 2070 and don't listen to inappropriate raskryvanie and Zhdanov, like a particular generation of cards pass. I had your percent. It is still a lot that can with a good card. 2070 is a very good map at the moment.
If the gland does not understand don't give people stupid advice. Compared 4790к and 8700к))) There is a difference not only across the cores and threads, but ipc is huge. About 2070 to hear from the owner 2080ти that this is a good card, are you serious??? Its for 1440p is not always enough in AAA projects, so 2070 map is useless I would say to buy now the 20 series if a couple of months will 30th is the grandmother of the wind

B
BaatarTengu 15.05.20

P. Rock
You're strange. I have nothing to compare. I speak as the former owner of the i5-4440. If you start with the top map, for example 2070 with this percent or 8700k, the difference will be negligible. About 2070 does not agree, the map is very top and it is enough for a very long time. I sat for many years on the 770 and everything is fine enough. The difference between 2080ti and 770 is really big, but it is not to understand for those who change cards every six months, and those who believe that the difference between 2080ti against 2080super/2070/1080 is huge. What in your understanding is the difference? 15-20 fps???? OOO, Yes, the difference)))) If you like to put all there huge-aliasing at 4k, and enable ssao, we can conclude that, such as you and two 3080ti is not enough.
Its for 1440p is not always enough in AAA projects, so 2070 map is useless I would say to buy now the 20. a series if in a few months will be the 30th is the grandmother of the wind
Where are you come from)))
Here, look at this test, with regards to percent:
Spoiler
What do you think will take adequate user killer this worthless i3 or i9? And see their prices.
P. rock wrote:
rays 30 series can normally
Minus 100500 fps and zero differences - worthy advice)))
For that matter, and 2070-2080-super-2080ti well in the rays. But no I do not see sense to put them at least fullhd, 4k at least.

B
BaatarTengu 15.05.20

P. rock wrote:
a couple of months will 30th is the grandmother of the wind
They will be released in autumn (every two years out of the card), plus problems at the start, plus the high price. Maybe the guy is not Idun and he wants to play now.

P
Palych Rokov 15.05.20

BaatarTengu wrote:
You're strange. I have nothing to compare. I speak as the former owner of the i5-4440. If you start with the top map, for example 2070 with this percent or 8700k, the difference will be miniscule
Spoileron you remind me a lot someone, which is almost all processors were even the same thing with him and write system identical to the campaign, I even now know what hardware he took off all his fakes
And now the case, the difference between the processor i5-4440 and 8700к huge in the first 4 threads vs 12 does not roll, secondly, ддр4 memory with higher PSP, thirdly, new technologies and the increase in ipc per clock. But you only need to run something processorintensive type Divisin 1 and 2, watch dogs 2, Antem, Battlefield 5 (the cartoon, not the single!!!), ФФ15, РДР2, Assassins latest and run it all from the top, or at least pretopology card here and there you will feel the difference. Even in that video you threw out there in Assassin difference of 0.1% and 1% is huge, at low percents stupid freezes will be felt when playing. Well, the CPU is purchased not only for games, and buy obviously low iron is meaningless. I was once the owner of FKH-8350 when replaced 5930к it was just the sky and the earth, I never thought it could be so noticeable, 5930к without overclocking out of FKH-8350@4,8
The graphics card is a separate issue, the difference between 2080 and super 2080ти comes to 38-40%. Played with tipkom in Breakpoint, he 2080ти, where I've had 65 to 70 on ultra in 1440p he was 90, he's in 4K 60fps can be achieved by activating a temporary shlasko, I not only need to greatly reduce all the settings even at 1440p it fell 65-70 frames, and I was in the same time frame 45. In a fast and dynamic games is extremely unpleasant and causes discomfort. You and the person you recommend 2070 calling a great map despite the fact that she's still weaker than 2080 super

BaatarTengu wrote:
Its for 1440p is not always enough in AAA projects, so 2070 map is useless I would say to buy now the 20. a series if in a few months will be the 30th is the grandmother of the wind
Where are you come from)))
You 2080ти, take away from the fact fps that you have in games 40% and you get 2080 super, take 60-65% and you will have a real fps on 2070. But where are the people who have 2080ти, but whining why they bought it and recommending everyone to buy 2070 and below that is a separate issue. You have a couple of months on the site and almost everywhere whining about how the rays are useless and that we should not buy tops. Only this time you're not sold his 2080ти not bought 2070 or 2060

BaatarTengu wrote:
Minus 100500 fps and zero differences - worthy advice)))
For that matter, and 2070-2080-super-2080ti well in the rays. But no I do not see sense to put them at least fullhd, 4k at least.
First, read the news, 30 series, more powerful RT kernel almost 4 times and there rays will not put out so much fps, and secondly, it is the same technology that will be included in the game like for example tessellation in dh11, so in a few years, you will not start without the rays of any one game. The rays can only be more or less 2080 super and 2080ти and not everywhere, and it is in 1080p or DLCs unless. Third, the 30 series will be just as powerful everywhere and not just in the rays and for the same money

BaatarTengu wrote:
They will be released in autumn (every two years out of the card), plus problems at the start, plus the high price. Maybe the guy is not Idun and he wants to play now.
A good thing is not cheap, the problems were only on the 20th in the series, before such problems have NVIDIA was not, I had a 275-key, 670-Ki, 780-Ki, 1080ти and everything was fine.

So the bottom line is, you should always buy the most powerful that can afford it and the games a little to save on CPU, but to take the map better. My CPU already with 5960х p 2080супер is sometimes the weak link is 8ядер/16 threads and acceleration, and we can talk more processors or if you put it under a more powerful card

Archieshorter
If still interested in the answer to your question, then under p 2070 you need something like 8600к 9700к or at least to her reveal card for 1080p at a maximum of a year for games RAM should be at least 32гиг to reserve it, spend money on a SSD only to install OSes in there, igri, you can obongo hard start, the main thing that the screw was on 7200оборотов and not less possible if the grandmother is and allow