3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Archieshorter 15.05.20 02:21 pm

The memory occupied by other apps. (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Hi, please tell me what the problem is and how to solve it? Going into the graphics settings, I found that the meter is busy VRAM writes to me, part of memory is occupied by other applications, but everything is closed and only open the game. Just yesterday, the day before yesterday, the memory was occupied only 600 MB.
6 Comments
Sort by:
m
milano500 15.05.20

same story!!!

M
Mavladiy1988 15.05.20

Archieshorter
you have on your computer except for games video memory no is?)

A
Archieshorter 15.05.20

Mavladiy1988
no

m
milano500 15.05.20

no

i
insel260 15.05.20

milano500
Archieshorter Ahahha well nick you've chosen for yourself ^_^ Little Archie... Irony?

1. Ctrl+Alt+Del;
2. Open the advanced option;
3. Look at the GPU tab;
4. Sorted in descending order;
5. See what application, by the DDR, eats up your video memory;
6. If it's a third party app, then disconnect and remove it from startup (software, for example Ccleaner, or systemically via events);
7. If this app windose, then find the required service and disable;
8. Rejoice!

If the GPU eats an unknown process, then monitored his whereabouts. If it is in System32, I have bad news for you! Take the most powerful antivirus (preferably DR Web or Kaspersky), run for viruses in paranoid mode and in SAFE mode Windows (how to enter, ask Google). After the treatment, again in SAFE mode of Windows, run through avz and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

If does not help - either in STS carry the system unit, or formatting disks. Formatting cheaper and more reliable, but all files will be destroyed.

Please note that if there is an official software (for example soft raiser or some kind of software to render, etc.), then the process will ALWAYS be subscribed to what manufacturer it belongs to. Viruses do not subscribe! But, here there are exceptions. Some legal processes and services do not have captions. But you can always find out what this process by clicking on it in system Manager and selecting the tab - what?. Do not unplug by mistake the Explorer or something really important =)

M
Mavladiy1988 15.05.20

Archieshorter
each pull the video card and run Windows, I think you will be surprised))
p.s. tip, Windows will not start(unless of course the CPU has no integrated graphics).