3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 12.10.19 03:45 pm

Impressions of the game (Draugen)

The theme for impressions of the full game.
5 Comments
Sort by:
r
rusevil 12.10.19

too predictable

V
Viiii 12.10.19

cyropurosy
it is fully three hours you can go

in short:

Spoilercrack schizo, Lizzie to his head, Betty died in childhood

What happened in the town, every think up for themselves

R
Reverrius 12.10.19

Passed... What can I say?

A new project from the Red Thread Games Studio made up of developers cult Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

The main character Draugen, Edward Charles harden, goes in and isolated from the outside world Norwegian village Gråvik to find his missing sister Betty. But upon arrival, he finds no one. The village of Gravic looks abandoned. What happened to her? Where's Betty? However, to wander in solitude, our hero will not – because with him his friend, companion, a girl named Lissie.

Alas, Draugen was controversial and ambiguous. On the one hand, the game is definitely able to immerse yourself in. The narrative is smooth, and the interpretation of events occurring in the Gråvik – determined by the player via a dialog system. On the other hand, empty locations and budget, the picture is too blurry, and the main plot twist can be guessed without much difficulty. From the creators of Dreamfall was definitely expecting more. Draugen is losing the closest "peers" expression: gorgeous What Remains of Edith Finch, mighty The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Firewatch pretty good.

Still bad, in my opinion, is the input of a single "unusual" character (won't spoil), not so much in essence as in form, and submission. As for Lissie, it was a nice character, although up to partner level Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite, she is very, very far away.

As a result of the passage of the Draugen left blended "finish." Time spent – personally, I'm not sorry, because I'm a fan of this theme. But the quality of the project could be much higher.

6/10

F
FixControl 12.10.19

Impressions are negative. The trivial the trivial.
In the game essentially there are two mysteries - who is Elizabeth and who is our companion Alice. With the first solution I figured out is still in the introductory video, and finally confirmed in his opinion at the end of the first day. Maybe you know creepypasta like I heard the meow of a cat in the kitchen, and then realized that he died 10 years ago. So, the first time can be scary, but when you read the same story ten times, it causes more frustration than fear. With the second mystery everything becomes clear during a dream of the protagonist. Ending the game just kills their predictability. Perhaps it would have been unexpected for someone whose literature and cinema-the experience of horror is limited to two or three works, but for more or less experienced player it will not even twist. The secondary storyline with mine and the dead girl do not want to, it's boring, the same problems of a small European settlements of the early XX century were beaten in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter much better.
Gameplay consists of walking from point A to point B and then to point C and return to point A and from clicks on the left mouse button. Sometimes the latter slips into absurdity: for example, to break into a closed shop through the window, we need to click the LMB 4 times: the first to see, second to pull the shutter itself, the third to pull harder and finally, the fourth is the window to climb. One of the two for the entire game of riddles with a search key can be easily solved by any English-speaking (Yes). The second safe - requires inspection of the two objects and the obvious choice in favor of one of them.
The game is completely linear, the choice in the dialogs is not affected at all for anything. An excellent example of linearity is the first dialogue on land: we can either ask Alice to stay with us, or let her into the house. Whatever you chose, Alice will still go house. And so everywhere.
Give 2 points for the graphics, although in the above-mentioned Carter it was more realistic and without stupid filters, and 1 point for the scene in the Church. In the rest of the Draugen is the worst example of the simulator walk 3/10.

K
Kay Ovald 05.08.21

A shagalka about an investigation in a Norwegian village isolated from the world and about mind games. A sort of psychological detective story.
It looks simple but cute. Beautiful music. Average optimization. Interesting, but empty scene. Well, in general, as usual in good walkers. Oh, here the hero can even run, think!
The main thing in such games is the plot. And there are two plots - our hero and the village. The village has a classic detective story, quite good. It's more difficult with the hero. You guess about the plot twist (after church) very quickly, almost on the second day, however, if the twist itself causes only a grin, then the further is written very interestingly and well, catches, sneaks. The trick is hackneyed, but the authors managed to play it well. And, of course, the plots overlap. The characters are well written, with characters.
In general, lovers of walkers should take a look, especially all the conversations for 3 hours, maximum 4.
8/10 The rating is somewhat overestimated, but I just liked it. :)