3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fyzzer 13.10.19 10:12 pm

How to pack a pak file? (Painkiller)

In short, I'm using PainKillerExtractor unpacked a few pak files in the folder ...\PainKiller\Data.
But now how to pack them back?
14 Comments
Sort by:
m
magnum16 13.10.19

As far as I know, using PainKillerExtractor them to pack impossible. Other programs, such as Dragon Unpacker, like can.
Forgive me for asking, but why do you have their package? The game when working extracts files from packs without replacing the old. Thus, if you changed something in the files that are unpacked extractor'ohms, they will be used and without packing.

d
denis-pool 13.10.19

Yes, Yes, me too! No one has such a strange question not asked....

mag
I did not answer, as you better know it. But the question strange. Interestingly, the answer to the author.

F
Fyzzer 13.10.19

Well, let me raspokoval some Coca pak file.I know how and what to change there.Well, I change,and how changes to sleep back in pak.Think about how you will use the modified files,if all files from the pak,unpack to the folder containing the pak.The game never obyasnish!And the game understands only pak files!

d
denis-pool 13.10.19

Okay, okay. Don't worry. :)
And what you there changes made? ;)
I know that for example, if you make new maps or remake old, the editor creates a new folder and there everything is uncompressed. And the game sees these cards.
But if you are there some innovations do and I want to apply as a patch, is another matter. Then it's cool, and you come tell me that there is muddy. :D Amps. :)))))

F
Fyzzer 13.10.19

Hehe,just like that and say 10 times,then catch up and repeat:)))
What the fuck patch is that I do for fun.Even something done:)
By the way,to pack using Dragon UnPACKer 5?

m
magnum16 13.10.19

Fyzzer
Quote: think about how you will use the modified files,if all files from the pak,unpack to the folder containing the pak.The game never obyasnish!And the game understands only pak files!

If you read carefully my answer, it says: the Game when working extracts files from packs without replacing the old. Thus, if you changed something in the files that are unpacked extractor'ohms, they will be used and without packing.

Ie if you're doing it for yourself, then pack it may need only to save space on disk.

About Dragon UnPACKer 5. I was wrong. Went to the site, read: it only unpacks. From the same developer there is zapakovschik Barf Packer, but he doesn't understand the format of packs and Painkiller.

But again, packaged in packs made no sense. In the presence of the extracted files manually, the game will use them, and not those that are in packs.

If you don't believe you can check yourself:
Painkillera is a translation from Akella, represents the two files from the pack lscripts. Put contents of this archive to the DATA folder, change these files anything and run the game. You will see these izmeneniya, although in the LScripts folder.pak is the original file. The thing is that the game when working extracts files from packs without replacing the old.

I hope I have explained

F
Fyzzer 13.10.19

Oh,I get it now!!!

P
PAKHAN 13.10.19

You can zip it all back - I did so when I made changes (buttons, menus, etc.)
For this you can simply change a couple of lines to Ha e because he can unzip and zip files (if someone tried to use it, of course))

S
Slav0K 13.10.19

PAKHAN can you tell us more how to pack?

L
LordConqueror[Has left fr 13.10.19

well, the topic you dug up, 4 years later

S
Slav0K 13.10.19

What to do, the information is needed urgently )

S
Slav0K 13.10.19

Yay! I picked up in packs to pack!

A
Anarchist363 13.10.19

Sorry for the question but I'm in another game wanted to simenti game settings , but to edit them you needed to get the file format .reg after the change , while trying to shove back Emma climbs the window with the process of moving but after half an hour nothing has changed , Cancer of the files cannot be changed . If you can help pliz , the entire Internet clambered nothing nenashel. (In the forums of the game that I want to edit not even that I want to change)

A
Alexey112121 13.10.19

Слав0К
Can you tell us how you did it?