3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Ded MastDay 18.05.20 10:32 am

A guide to setting games (Resident Evil 7)

I appeal to the people who are well-versed in 3D graphics. Please write a detailed guide on the settings of the game. All I could find online, this is an inadequate scribble type "disable this garbage, eats 2-3 fps". What is all this nonsense? Any parameter will affect the performance in different configurations in different ways. I can see how much fps otzhiraet a certain setting.
Need a guide with a description of each item, with comparison and screenshots, from very weak to very much, and it is desirable in Russian. For example:

- What is a method of drawing a regular and alternating?
- What is the difference between SSAO(variable) and just SSAO?
- What are dynamic shadows? Exactly where to see them in the game?
- What changes when you enable caching of shadows?
- What is Subsurface scattering?
- What is the aim-assist? And so on for each item.

In General, interested in not so much gain fps, as the purpose of the settings. As the game I do not see the difference when you change most of them.

UPD. That's what I mean by a detailed manual settings the Custom graphics of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — the definitive guide .
20 Comments
Sort by:
C
Combine17 18.05.20

I played madrobot so I had everything on minimal, I've seen soap and sad. And the aim assist helps you aim, if you play with a gamepad or do not know how to aim

D
Ded MastDay 18.05.20

Fierce_55
My config: i5-3470, 8Gb RAM, GTX-1060, SSD. I have no performance issues in this game. Stable 60 fps on high settings. I'm interested in is the visual part. I want to understand how to change the picture depending on obscure settings I described above. Well, I don't see the difference and that's it. At least tell me if you change each setting, where to look and what to pay attention to. By the way Alien Isolation I was at maximum speed even on the old card GTX680.

Combine17
Combine17 wrote:
And the aim assist helps you aim
Captain obvious. Play kawamichi. How it helps to aim? Something I didn't know What kind of help is that? Or the mouse itself will be induced on purpose? What is the meaning of this setting? If you do not know how to aim, this clinic and no configuration will not help here. I suspect the translation of the curve.

d
dutch_diaz 18.05.20

Svetoslav

s
shopogolik 18.05.20

The issue raised is interesting,but probably competent yet not see this issue...a pity

F
Fatrus 18.05.20

Svetoslav
Unfortunately now on PG is almost gone, people are well-versed in such matters. And for those who still remained just too lazy to write something and argue with the militant crowd trololo-shkoloty (like me). Therefore I'm afraid the theme of the stall.
As for Assistance aiming this function is ONLY for gamepads designed. On the keyboard+mouse it's not working, obviously.

A
Aips95 18.05.20

Svetoslav
method of drawing - not sure about that, possibly meaning the anti-aliasing. WD2 the variable smoothing parameter activates interlaced anti-aliasing.
Dynamic shadows are shadows, which change depending on the position of the light sources to the objects. It's the shadow from the light of the hero, the shadow hero, the shadow from objects subject to physics (not always). Static shadows - shadows that are drawn in advance, not during gameplay. This is usually the shadows of the walls/ structures and objects arrived to the floor. To improve performance try to use as many static shadows - they require much less resources.
Caching shadow record data about shadows, for faster downloads. Otherwise, they have to redraw each time. Can slow first boot locations - at this point, the shadows remain.
Subsurface scattering - collision light. Changes in the tone of light after striking the surface.
The aim assist - Aim in the direction the enemy is moving faster than him.

D
Ded MastDay 18.05.20

Thanks to everyone who tried though something to clear up. And comrades gyrus, with answers throw a bucket buy a rocket, please don't worry and not to waste their time.

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

A very simple (in its final result) guide, acquired from our own practical experience:

Yes, I'm also going to dinner with the evil Addams family, and then began a terrible friezes
Yes, I also read сто500 reviews - some say that this is a game that the console port is optimized brilliantly and brilliantly - others say that optimization when porting in the asshole, and rendering issues 3 rooms and 2 zombies strange at all. What to believe don't know, but somehow lean more towards the second opinion...
Yes, I read 5 articles in the Internet settings RE7, as well as the subject MicroProse on this site (http://forums.playground.ru/resident_evil_7/tech/mikrofrizy-927167/) where a lot of people colbinstown in sweat their faces
Myself, a few hours spent trying out all the recipes and TIKA. Some of it started to help, but after all the tried settings, friezes and never left

Then I had a brilliant Solomonic solution... )
Opened the (included software to my its NVIDIA) GeForce Experience prog
There right at the beginning (in Home Games) lists all the games that this program found on the computer
(if you got there in this section is not present of this game - try to hold it compulsory scanning of games on the computer, then rebootet comp, etc. - for me personally, this program is a game not once - but the main thing that ultimately saw)
Now in this program, we direct the mouse on the game RE7 - and press Details
The program should optimize the graphics settings for this game (tobish, choose the optimal graphics settings for this game based on your vidyahi, and other configurations of the computer) - if there is not written Game is optimized - zmacknete there is a button which performs this most optimayz
Make sure that in the end it is written Game is optimized - we close GeForce Experience (run the game directly from there there is a button Play, but for me personally it isn't working), run the game
Surprised astonished and amazed that the game now flies. No Frisians.

Also, you can (if really necessary) Supplement that non-graphics recipes - to cut off steam (to translate in offline mode) and/or the whole net is generally cut off.
No SSD, etc. specifically to buy is not necessary, but who says that delusional. Even the best game in the world should not cure these crutches, and especially this singplayer RPG. I have an old as mammoth ivory spinning hard, everything goes fine.

For those who want to it all and suffer from megalomania.
Options:
1. Buy Titan Pascal, and enjoy the steepness is not steaming at all settings of the game
or
2. Become a respected and recognized global expert on 3D, and detail to unearth in the game where exactly and in what areas developed messed up in coding with one or another graphics technology that in the graphics settings of the game. To do so for each location, because different locations of the game tend to podlagivat different. To carry out detailed tests of all these places. Write a 100-page thesis, and for her to get the Nobel prize.
or
3. To drive the same optimayz in GeForce Experience, and then try to tikati to increase certain settings
or
4. Just wait for patches that will cure or not, they play, etc.

I myself now choose option 3 ) guarantees here also have no, on one machine THIS setup is rigged up will plow fine, but on another machine, THIS setup will cause micro - or macro - friezes. And so on

In conclusion, the results pastu specifically for your car:

Iron:
percent 3770К i7 3.50 GHz
8 gig RAM
video card ASUS GeForce GTX 970 1088Mhz PCI-E 3.0 4096Mb 7010Mhz 256 bit 2xDVI HDMI HDCP TURBO

Results optimize games in the GeForce Experience app: (written in it)

(to enlarge this picture, RMB on it and"open image in new tab)

The graphics settings in the game: after the program GeForce Experience did your optimayz games, in-game graphics settings coincide with those in the GeForce Experience app

PS Yes, I don't understand the chart, and the most terrible and sad thing is that he did not want
Yes, I want the shop was truncated cool or buy a rocket or twiki grafon in your car for each game individually until the belly button will not turn blue
Yes, that developed the goats and partajat in the coding of the graphics of games like a devil horned, and especially fiercely and shamelessly in ports from consoles. And Yes, if you want all high, then Yes, treated only with a rocket, and Yes they are in this godless goats.
Yes, a simple one click program optimayz my GeForce Experience is for Lamers, and demonstrates that the same ))
Yes I am also angry at developers that midajah like my gtx 970, the game COULD go fine with normal coding of the game, but the coding is barbaric to have to play at reduced settings grafone
And Yes, the bad thing is that we have to choose big resolution with great picture quality and effects, etc. of the image is to be in a situation of choice either fish or meat, etc.

P. P. S. No swaps (swap files) in windose I have not disconnected. Swap the Windows I need for normal programs, but not for this shooting-masalci

P. P. P. S. Hedgehog (me)) it is clear that the game settings need to set Fullscreen (not window), and scaling (Scaling) is strictly = 1 (that game did not scale at all)

D
Ded MastDay 18.05.20

Dobrynkin
Friendly, great respect to you, for not lazy and scribbled a lot of text. But, unfortunately, this text is suitable not for everyone, although maybe someone will actually help. As for the notorious Experience, that this program, in my own experience, never put the comfort setting for any game (tested on different configurations of hardware), so it was ruthlessly removed from the system due to futility. About RE7 I have long forgotten, but my work is now related to gandeva, I work in a group responsible for optimization, and can truly say that it is possible to reduce the consumption of resources in the three, almost any game, regardless of the engine, without loss of the quality of the displayed image on the screen. For me, rughooputh today CAPCOM in the face.
PS. All that after PS much more informative.

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

But now, it is possible and paintunit game
GeForce Experience (GE) certainly did a good job picking up THIS prog recommended settings, but some options, this program still remains a bit of waste and made them too high - MicroProse in the game in some places but remained
We assume that GE kakbe so cut top settings grafone for this game - and increase any of the settings we already precisely will not - however sensitive pruning somewhere in those places where GeForce Experience waste

Let's go over the game settings, and do this:
(write in connection with your hardware which is described in the post above, but the General approach dobreski in General is the same)
Resolution. I developed GE 1280x1024. Not enough, of course (and again developed the goats with the optimization). But the game resolution looks normal. More questioning we mogem (GE believe that the above would be bad). Less to put - itself not to love. Leave the so.
Refresh rate. Well here 85 or 75, so some taste
Display Mode. Well then, of course, Fullscreen
Field of Vision. I have now is a 90. So long and leave
Frame rate: variable (let it be)
V-Sync: off (right, not Nada, we v-sync, when cutting grafone especially)
Rendering method: normal. In interlaced, the picture of the game is terrible
Resolution Scaling: 1. Rumor has it that making less than 1 can improve performance - but then probably not for free (at the expense of quality, and the system will lay down additional burden of scaling). Let 1 draws one, without distortions. (they are relevant for zazhratye 4K monitors)
The Texture Quality. Here GE snickering, he put a very high. Put on high (compromise feedback on medium, the textures are still worse)
Texture Filtering. Maybe this setup is less important, but nevertheless very high written prog GE it still confuses. Put just high here.
The Mesh Quality. Also something to do with the detail textures. And also GE snickering in this setting, is very high. Reduced to high.
Anti-aliasing. Probably the most important setting, and GE here showed his creative genius by putting here exactly what you need - clean surface. Put something above - will hurt performance. Disable all - in the eyes will be solid ladders in the game. Leave as chose here GE.
Motion Blur. Yes, I need a blur in motion. Leave On
Effects rendering. GE set high. Because looking for a compromise options, then reduce to medium
The Depth of field. Yes, I need cinematic blur everything that is not included in my focus of the review. GE put On here, so leave.
Shadow Quality. GE set high. Let it be high.
Dynamic shadows. GE put on, and seems to play it fine. Let it remain
Shadow cache. GE put off, and I think rightly so - for reviews this is one of the evil game settings eating memory (I have only 4 gig of brazen there is simply nowhere). Leave here off
Ambient Occlusion. GE put HBAO+. But I read that the Occlusion - in locations for the game used quite infrequently. Therefore, disable it (put it off)
Bloom. GE set it to on. Well, so be it, glow it
Lens Flare. GE set it to on. Well, let it be so, it seems that the performance is not eating much
Volumetric Lighting Quality. GE set high. Sagrato. Compromise put on medium
Reflections. GE supplied variable - and I think rightly so. Compromise - after all, without bad reflections, and the maximum reflection guzzle performance
Subsurface scattering. GE put on here. True when the rendering of the faces. I will say this - to the Great Lunch with the Family, I played the game on maximum settings it grafone, and 2048x1536. The quality of the rendering of the faces of MIA, I was not pleased. From this I conclude that the chase the quality individuals in the game not much worth it - and let me cut off this setting (off)
Chromatic aberration. GE put on here. Like performance not much eats this setting, leave it as that
Color space. Everything here is purely a good choice. Leave here SRGB

Restart the game (just), I see that the performance is even better. The quality of the picture, fell not mega strong, even can be said that not have fallen at all.

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

Svetoslav
>>> As for the notorious Experience, that this program, in my own experience, never put the comfort setting for any game (tested with different configurations of iron)

I agree
But crop top graphics settings (although it would make something to dance), it may
In particular, it offers its recommended resolution. Without such guidance, ticat manually other settings grafone, making it a hundred times at different resolutions - can be infinite.
Still in the game zapadenka that the first 2 locations - where the game flies on ultra settings even on my gtx 970 (and higher resolution) - and do these locations, like well, same game, same location and starting to play this game, so initially the feeling and the impression that ur cool, awesome game so cool grafon fly ).
Then it's Dinner, and... well, I personally quite a long tical while remaining at the same high resolution. And Yes, you can attikat on it, just the rest of the graphics settings in the end get very poor. But I don't need to schedule kontrstrayka-1 in its huge resolution ) - I have to balance - even if the resolution is smaller, but the game is not much hurt, and Vice versa - it is possible to make richer quality settings and effects picture. And without GE, I would stick there's still a reeeally long time... ... until I came to the same solution that the move blurted GE

Therefore, if after the GE to the game at the user all 0 claims remains, we can limit it reached.
If I want to add to his performance - on this subject I wrote the 2nd post, where doubleteam after the GE

>>> can truly say that it is possible to reduce the consumption of resources in the three, almost any game, regardless of the engine, without loss of the quality of the displayed image on the screen. For me, rughooputh today CAPCOM in the face.

Just a simple user (me, for example), the problem-what is the main - as soon as possible (and better) to set up the game yeah play the game. But if the setting of the game poured on the day of Titania at the computer (more clear for game-multiplayer in which Bush play for months, but not for the runs single player) - and developed did so that tweaks are not obvious, and even different to different locations (e.g. running, you were running great, and then BAM a new location, let's say with lots of light, and the picture twitched), then the result is actually easier to percodet game than this entire ordeal ). So they sought popular methods

Now, if someone will give-write for RE7 list of settings grafone to improve performance when they reduce, in descending order of priority and importance of these settings - this is going to be just swell. But so far, neither in the Runet, nor in the West, never founded. Yes, and whether it was at all possible if it, at such a sly hidden deep dissimilar in different places, the graphics settings of the game? There are some reviews and tests, but... agree with your 1st post. Well as persist without such a list I outlined above. Still IMO its better dance by GE, so you can save time and effort, at least not really expert the intricacies of 3D graphics

And so - Yes, all this nonsense with the loading of textures from disk during the run of the character in the scene or the battle with the monster (when in normal games are first loaded into memory, albeit long over - but then the Persian runs freely), all neponyatki how this particular option works in a particular location (somewhere, and somewhere bad), etc. cakes-gingerbreads...

Witcher 3 you mentioned - I've been playing on the same my comp, I even set up a lot of nothing had, everything flies and has flown back then - and there graphics are richer than running past the fridge in RE7

Recently, for example, was set up on your comp HITMAN 2016 - the same port from consoles with very weak optimizations - however, it is quite possible to slacsite, and the tweak is in General to 2 parameters - resolution and super-sampling (made there too compromise option, lower resolution and less super-sampling - without the chase for one thing)

In RE7, all as a very much undifferentiated... stupid twist 2-3 parameter there is not the channel...

And the rocket - it save everything, too, but not worth the money it. Therefore, methods are always in favor, and he would be honored if I was sane guide what

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

I founded I-still sane guide: http://www.game-debate.com/news/21989/resident-evil-7-pc-performance-breakdown-and-most-important-graphics-options

But the chart gluttony game settings from it:

Specifically for your system (with a gtx 970 with 4 gigs), protest (on the same location of the Great Dinner) just a catastrophic impact on performance setting Shadows Quality (in this case, setting Shadows Cache, esesno, is off)
Even with Shadows Quality on medium, already starting a small microfreeze and the hard drive works quite noticeable
With Shadows Quality on high - resistant friezes, and devouring the hard drive
And if Shadows Quality is very high - almost constant freezes, and the disk works in mode of the engine incessantly

On the other hand, even on the tolerant medium, shadows on the pale walls, becoming so bright that instead of smooth the walls have a wall slashed small strips of the shadows
And on low and very low - the walls are covered with siding like the house in the country )) strip with a wide distance between them, then there is everywhere - washing machines, etc.. to Watch such a game is simply impossible. (well, but the game now flies like conterstrike-1 on the same comp)

Well, I enjoy slashed walls on medium, and is not so significant microprism on it. Another option is simply no. (play on low in a world of veneer with siding total and vsiya))

Also, I conclude that my video card is rather weak under the shade in this particular game. The incentive, I'm not the first person who makes this conclusion. Rather here to say that the shadows (Shadows Quality) in this particular game it is the bottleneck for elderly vidyahu, and Studio developer it makes sense to pay attention to them in the first place, in the development of patches. It may not be so hard to put the shadows, and the setting low to do better than this moronic siding - in other games shadows too, and without such sex problem for some reason. Unless of course you will, these same patches... I hope and believe, as they say...

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

OK, leave a legacy for future neophytes in RE7, the final version of their research for setting up graphics in RE7:

1. In any program GeForce Experience, do not do anything at all.
2. Make sure in NVIDIA Control Panel, under 3D global settings (Global Settings) - displays all normal (nothing ootkljuchenie there, etc.)
3. In the same NVIDIA Control Panel, under 3D, do NOT do individual graphics settings for the game (process in Windows) - do all settings, purely being inside the game, from the main menu (a submenu of graphics settings out there that there in the form of paper sheets)
4. Go in the game, from the main menu in submenu the graphics settings there (which is in the form of paper sheets)
5. Put everything on maximum (each setting exhibited at its maximum)
6. Now look at the chart from the article above and check the eating the settings, reducing (or even disabling) in descending order weight section of the settings in game performance:
7. Resolution Scaling - according to the chart, this scale eats most of productivity. Put it bluntly in 1, and forget about him nafig.
8. Ambient Occlusion. Cut down nafig (set it off)
9. Shadow Quality. If you have a very old video card and/or you like retarded wide stripes on the walls - put to low or very low. In all other cases, the only option is medium.
10. Volumetric Lighting. If you have a very old video card - stupidly put it off. If you want to admire the side view of the rays of light beating through the dust from the Windows (as I - and that, you know, beautiful-same)) - the compromise here will be low.
11. Reflection. I tested - when off, the reflection of light from walls, surfaces, tables, etc. - still remain. Probably will not be beautiful reflections in mirrors, etc.. not necessary, then stupidly set off
12. Subsurface scattering. The person in the game, and so the no ice (even on the highest setting), but the majority individuals this mutilated zombie face and stuff like that, which is necessary by nature to be the worse the better ). Definitely set here to off
13. The Depth of field. If you cut down this setting is not to be cinematic blackout everything outside the focus of attention of the character. And not have this obscuration, and it is necessary system performance. Cut off
14. The other settings have little effect on performance - do not touch until them.
15. Now let's run through this again on the received game settings, and look at them again:
16. Resolution (screen resolution). Put it on the most possible minimum, in which the picture quality has not yet begun to fall significantly (protestthe different permissions, you can directly on the fly in the game, its in the pause menu). I have on my Monica, this compromise with 1600x1200 resolution was released (and below it, the picture was getting fuzzy already)
17. Refresh rate. Put bluntly as possible in the choice there
18. Display mode. Put Fullscreen. And always monitor, whether now the game is in full screen mode? (this setting may fly when switching to other program Windows, the buttons Alt+TAB - also, it is sometimes useful to translate the game back to polearn buttons Alt+Enter)
19 Field of vision. To wider set here the max - 90
20. Frame rate: variable
21. V-Sync: off. (esesno)
22. Rendering method: normal (not poop-poop interlaced)
23. Texture Quality: even in the diagram and labeled as irrelevant, but we will not here of brazen and dropped to just high (and the coffee maker to medium)
24. Texture Filtering: even in the diagram and labeled as irrelevant, but we will not here of brazen and dropped to just high (and the coffee maker to medium)
25. Mesh quality: (this is also the texture setting), though the diagram and is marked as irrelevant, but we will not here of brazen and dropped to just high (and the coffee maker to medium)
26. Anti-aliasing: TAA (better quality and at the optimum, there's nothing in this game)
27. Motion blur: to taste (the chart says - this has little effect). Like it or not you motion blur - you decide
28. Color space: to taste
29. Don't forget to put Resolution Scaling strictly on 1!
30. Now run around the house (the location of the Lunch with the Family), potette. (I now have achieved all the normal good compromise image quality, at maximum performance - the hard drive no longer constantly steamed - of course, these Malopolskie shade which ShadowsQuality=medium everywhere on the white walls, washing machines, etc. - it is not ice, but not just like that significantly, well, not perfectly smooth white walls, but will with small stripes on them, well come too)
31. If your system you wish still further to lower the graphics in favor of performance, then:
- remove the Volumetric Lighting in off (having lost those beautiful rays of light from the Windows)
- dropping play (simultaneously) the level in the settings, Texture Filtering, Texture Quality, Mesh Quality (at least in the figure and marked as irrelevant)
32. If you have a very very old-ancient maker, use NVIDIA Control Panel task in her individual settings for the process of the game, try to disable anti-aliasing in General

PS I Noticed that on my gtx 970, customize, Depth of Field beast eats too decent of productivity. Well, not for nothing is she on the chart, so fat... play with her, Yes inul it completely...

P. P. S. I also Watched in the Internet video, where it is shown that the alleged RE7 and at the minimum and at the maximum graphics settings supposedly gives about the same picture.
I will say that is nonsense, a terrible and shameless, and justify this:

Will you have the minimum graphics settings of the game: the game with speed conterstrike-1 in which pers is a smoothly and quickly run around the house are upholstered everywhere inside and outside the country siding (including many pieces of furniture upholstered by him), not seeing clearly objects further 3 meters ahead, with wall lights which do not Shine and are simply Zsolt circles in the air, standing in front of the projector beam pers like a vampire does not cast a shadow from him on the wall, instead of sparks, etc. effects are just flying pixels The sun will just circle Zsolt blinding, texture to what may come to be just a dumb solid seroburomalinovymi background, but there is no of light rays through the fog and dust, etc. will not be even more so. If more is besides antialising to put on FXAA for example, in addition to the siding will be added, and a thuja heap of ladders at all angles of faces. If more and Rendering method for interlaced to deliver (as advertise the developer), it appears as a person with low vision without glasses with the desired number of diopters. If a permit zabubenit below a reasonable norms, the world will finally turn into seroburomalinovoy set of faces almost solid colors - homogeneous (that the legs at the back - the same texture) chairs in the house, and everything else. To finish all finally can change Resolution Scaling.

Will you have optimum graphics settings of the game in my guide: the game with a reasonable high speed with the minimum possible microflow (which if they are, then extremely rare, and do not hinder gameplay), the walls are a little spoiled small strips of shadows but overall acceptable, very well cleaned antialaising ladder from all faces, pers normally sees distant objects clearly, wall lamps emit balls of light as they should, the items realistic flexing Chromatic Aberration, Persian throws his carcass dynamic shadows (not spoiling this game performance), sparks and other effects are normal, the Sun is blinding Persia, the texture of the world (walls and objects) is normal or even high (went to the wall saw her relief and not the grayish-brown mass of some sort), there is a blur in motion (or disable, to taste), light reflection is minimal but there (and they have nothing to affect at all the normal textures), dust and mist pierced by the rays of light normally show these same rays. Quite a realism, serednjachkov vidyahi - the picture is quite fit creates a sense of reality to video games.

Will you have the maximum graphics settings of the game (a plus compared to the previous): the game is running is acceptable only on supertopo vidyahe (thank you developed for the optimization of port from the console, which is console as not ate, and should not be), it is very desirable feeding games with SSD hard, perfect gameplay with realistic walls and objects as well as shadows on them and the reflections from them, about the ladders on the sides, you can almost forget indirect light bends around corners and gives the shadows there, the focus of attention of Persian cinematic allocated by the shadows around him were strict cuter, a Persian sees objects for many miles ahead, the beam of light in fog and dust have become more realistic and more enjoyable. Realism is already doubt leaves, the picture is much more like some sort of video than a video game.

D
Ded MastDay 18.05.20

Dobrynkin
This is already more or less sane guide. Have done good work, bro. The only thing I would like to improve Mesh quality is not a texture setting is the quality of the geometry. The higher the quality, the models have more polygons. But developed still from the very beginning. Sad trend that a normal user to bring the game to a playable state Niverville picture, all you have to do like dancing, even on powerful machines, and simplified in-game settings low, normal, ultra little to decide in terms of performance, not quality.

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

Svetoslav
Thanks for the clarification for Mesh quality, then when finetuning this setting is left to the height or lower but at last, after other settings - or round-tables will be transformed into a polygonal, instead of ball lamps on the walls will be hung EN-squares, etc..

> a normal user to bring the game to a playable state Niverville picture, all you have to do these dances

The main thing here is to be able to dig up normal Analytics and tests on the graphics of the game, on Western resources. If the game such analysts yet, you can initially try to dance with GE (Yes, the final settings will be rough neomezeny and not the possible optimum, and then still further need finished slimming them manually - but at least something, if the record with the pros the guides on this game)
And about all these"sliders performance<->quality (in the NVIDIA Control Panel, NVIDIA GeForce Experience, etc.) - you can of course easily forgotten - they do not make that choice. As a thing of the past, the people's Council not just antialaising, and truncated buit. For example RE7 see a game where resources are most eating not antialaising.

Offer now, once again go through the eating settings RE7 (from the chart), and look at them: (if you get it wrong, correct me please)

Resolution Scaling. You need to output images on 4K monitors. On 2K monitors - meaning to tikati this setting do not see. Let's say you put it so that the video card renders the image of the game in some low resolution, and then (this configuration) stretches (scale) that the image obtained at higher resolution. What we get in the end?: the quality of the final image remained the same as on low resolution (came out), won in performance due to the fact that its easier to paint all (all superimposed effects, etc) on that low resolution, is lost in productivity from the fact that its a then had to do extra work to implement the scaling (stretching). Conversely, if the rendered image in high resolution, and then squeezed down on the less - then just stupidly lost and the quality of productivity.

Ambient Occlusion: applies to the contact shadows where two objects meet. It's quite a subtle feature but it lends an additional layer of depth and realism to the environments. AO's impact is slightly limited in Resident Evil 7 because the environments are so dark in the first place that shadows are already being cast in the majority of places where the contact shadows should exist, while it's also unusually expensive. Tread with caution. - as I understand it is a kind of interference 2 shadows met each other. The author of the guide says that in RE7 in darker locations, but is also already covered by other shadows in those places where will be rendered the AO - the AO is not particularly relevant, but the performance devouring it greedily.

Shadow Quality. Static shadows (cast by static objects). In my opinion, that's exactly what the setting (and rendering these static shadows in the game), the Studio has shit the bed. No digestible lower values of this setting - with them in the game on the walls are drawn healthy multiple well-marked ladder of the squares (showing him the shadow), the final point is below all possible modern part of the reason. High values of this setting, it consumes system performance feels even more than the proportion in the diagram from West Hyde. Just high quality shadows is still not perfect (although the resources of productivity when it swallows a very sickly so) - perfect on ultra (very high), where the same feed resources becomes disastrous - mainly video card actually works on these static shadows (note - static!). On medium achieved some compromise in which the player can shut eye (in the literal sense of the phrase) on the wall the shade, to score them and on the maximum realism game. As you know, the situation with the shadows called to save another setting Shadow Cache (caching static shadows) - but a RE7 in the end makes things worse, not better.

Volumetric Lighting. This threading of the light rays in the dust, in the fog, in the dark, etc. - for example you walk down the hall and the cracks hammered boards of a window in the corridor Shine the rays of the moon, which you see side in his quest along the corridor. If you put off any of these rays in the game not at all. Ultra setting here eating sickly, but there is a secondary setting which is also eating less and compromise

Reflections. Reflection. Apparently this setting is relevant only for certain types of textures (water, for example) - tK. when it is set to off, the light from the walls in the hallways, counters, etc. reflected still with quite acceptable good quality pictures with this reflected light. But with this toggle turned on (on) - she always eats resources performance regardless of the availability in the specific locations of water, etc.. With this setting on the mediocre vidyahe also don't see the point greedy is much more reasonable to translate it to off in this case (i.e. disable)

Subsurface scattering. Setting designed to improve the quality of the persons in the game. Also noticed that its inclusion affects not only individuals, but also on the rest of the game's graphics, at least on the brightness-contrast pictures of the game. In the second aspect of cool significant differences between so and so - I did not notice, and in the first dimension (faces) the effect of increasing the quality of individuals is not particularly large, and yet less important all this possible, parties zombies, disfigured faces, etc.. conclude that this option is relevant only for the games at the highest settings of the game (the game is on the rocket for superinterfaces)

The Depth of field. An effect similar to Motion Blur, Depth of Field distorts anything which is out of the player's focus. Pick up a can and look at it, for example, and everything in the background will distort. It's designed to replicate human vision. - as you know, the setting is relevant only in situations when you have some selected game" object in the foreground (selected object, or talking face to face with the mob, etc. situation) - in this case, with this toggle turned on, it smears all in background which for this item (or person), etc.. So-so but the resources of the system, this setting always eats (regardless of whether this situation is in the game or just stupidly running through a corridor). This setting can be veiled with the tweaking of mediocre vidhah - if you're talking about, she forgot (or not know)), then the game will be this setting stupidly eat performance (very very sickly so), while giving a big round zero for picture quality - here you are running around the locations, and setting this does nothing in terms of quality, but eats-eats-eats constantly performance vidyahi. Again, I conclude that this setting is relevant only for the games at the highest settings of the game (the game is on the rocket for superinterfaces)

PS About the textures and the rendering of objects and items of the game:
- Mesh (number of polygons) as I understand it is better to leave to higher ground, and eating it little
- Texture Filtering - as you know eats a little, but the visibility of distant objects this setting gives, so to understate this setting is unlikely (but hardly worth chasing ultra high here if you are not a rocket)
- Texture Quality - according to the chart, eating a little in terms of performance - and after watching the tests in the Internet with minimizing this textural settings in RE7, there is a strong desire to throw up from such images with such quality textures, so to understate this configuration is not necessary (but is unlikely to chase the ultra high here if you are not a rocket)

P. P. S. When set to its average, it also makes sense ofnot initially Motion Blur. And now, after configuring everything else, to think if he needs you, and if Yes, then the play with it - put it to on, and run on the locations. If the performance of this setup will eat (and I'm still not sure I will eat) - then fine. Otherwise ofnote and forget about this very blur in motion. Or as I am, just stupid inul it, don't want to mess with it at all.
And maybe lower as the setting value Effects of Rendering these effects, the game draws infrequently, and the performance... and you never know, and we can this setting, too, constantly always eats
At least these 2 settings is much less relevant to goodness pictures of gameplay than the texture quality (Texture Quality, quite unfairly offended in many reviews RE7)

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

Yes, I will say more about Field of vision in RE7 - it is better to put on a maximum of (90), then it will be a little wider review of the Persian room and any area where it is located

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

Answer (necropost)) also the questions at the beginning of the subject:

> - What is a method of drawing a regular and alternating?

It's a publicity stunt of Capcom that allows you to get faster performance schedule (including the interleaving, i.e. RenderingMethod=interlaced) on weak systems and consoles - due in 1.5-2 times more than a crappy muddy and fuzzy picture quality in the game, textures and everything else

> What is the difference between SSAO(variable) and just SSAO?

In this game, words like variable (variable) tend to refer to all that does not work in the game always, and included in it for the desired occasion.
But all this is irrelevant for the owners of the rockets and the titans paskalevic, which is more suitable for steeper NVIDIA HBAO+ )

> - What are dynamic shadows? Exactly where to see them in the game?

As I understand it all those shadows which are cast on the wall on the floor, etc. of pers as well as mobs

> - What changes when you enable caching of shadows?

Static shadows are trying to load into a cache for faster rendering then the game.
This cache is located (not just anywhere but directly) to video memory (some memory)
And its 4 gigs built-in memory, this eanoi memory starts to miss - resulting in a shortage of memory valiantly rushes to save swap the hard drive, the game starts to work constantly on this very hard drive, begin terrible brakes, and the game dies (play wait a minute wait a minute until your ottopedia hard)
On vidyahe with 8 gigs of built-in memory, the same thing happens if the screen resolution in the game (and possibly some other settings) are not little
And so on, until the harvester-rocket ruble 80 ))

> - What is Subsurface scattering?

This is technology designed to improve the rendering of entities in the game - makes them smoother, better lit (the effect of the inner light of the person) more alive
Specifically, RE7, this setting also affects the whole point of iPhone games in General - changes in the graphics quality of the interior furniture, etc. is unimportant (and it is not even clear plus or minus they are), but the graphics entities getting better, although not much too

> - What is the aim-assist?

This is for lambohov who is not able (or not) to honestly aim by moving the mouse with only your own hand - if you enable this auto aim, the game will help you to move sight mouse in the direction of the carcasses, heads, etc. bodies of your enemies )

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

Here's another interesting observation about the graphics and game performance:

Played with this trainer: http://www.gameesc.com/archives/resident-evil-7-biohazard-v1-0-trainer-8-by-fling/
(I need to multiply the cassette at the level of Madness, as well as the psychostimulants, and the first of psychostimulants to highlight items the game too)

So, being in the location of the Dinner, and turning on the trainer this very item is backlit and activated items (highlighted in the form of a small circular icon indicating the object available throughout the game the map) - the screen shows just a myriad of these sights, many of them point to the objects that are located far outside the house in which the Persian now. This suggests that the game is marked activated items there - so, razmerje a very big piece of gaming locations, and processes it in real time (when the Persian moves, the target pointers are updated). Well, what's wrong? - instead of only those locations which are now available to Persian, instead, to process tuevu a heap of locations around the house? Maybe therein lies the secret to the brutal performance requirements of the system starting starting from the location of the Dinner? Why in the same good old RE4, but didn't suffer such nonsense, and didn't give the game a task to process TopicID locations at the same time? (many of whom - most of Persia is now simply not available and not needed at all). Hands to tear the Capcom it is necessary for the architecture of the game - when the game processing of the empty corridor a couple of rooms results in the processing of a large piece of all the big world games (why do all the card games in the interactive processing of a game in real time, and not zabubenit? - although, maybe I did so)). Let's even the scientific model of the Pacific Ocean with simultaneous processing of all movements of all the fish in it plus all the fluctuations of the water will begin to process on homotherium PC? ))

D
Ded MastDay 18.05.20

Dobrynkin
Yes, indeed pozanenko. The series died for me together with confidence to Kapka. Before the release of RE7 in the hopes for a revival of the game, return to roots and all that. But no, I won't say that the game has a full corner, it's good, but it's not a Biohazard. And the fact that developers in General have been no optimizations, nothing to be surprised. It has become a norm in the modern realities of the gaming industry. But, nevertheless, your observations are interesting and will certainly be useful for those who still wants to play in this misunderstanding.

D
DobryyNaker 18.05.20

Svetoslav
Well, there are rumors that RE7 is kakbe reserve for the future. Although, in principle, about any game you can say so... ))