3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gregor21 18.05.20 10:48 am

In this game have a story ? (Half-Life)

I have to say, I like seting do not like this party I always avoided this game, but for years I hear about half masterpiece, about a third of which is all the way forward, well, I decided to download this it would seem a masterpiece. the graphics and everything I care about in games is respected in the first story, but where is she ? played 4 hours and almost all the time I'm going somewhere, use in ventilation, jumping from place to place. the only realized that in the lab something went wrong, the monsters came from and why the soldiers who allegedly came to evacuate us, trying to kill everyone. I'm a simple man, if I was after an hour the game is not tightened, then I remove the game. but since it's world masterpiece force myself to play it for 4 hours. there's no dialogue, no purpose, just useful as a rat. should I continue to wait and see, someone explain to me what and how, why do I have to go somewhere, with me at least start talking to NPS ?
18 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pro100 Endryu 18.05.20

Gregor21
In the first part, probably, it is not in the plot, but in the game. A lot of gameplay features where comparing with other games, they used really for the first time. Maybe even you are little imbued with the atmosphere? Gordon is not just silent, if you don't know) And you know what, complete it before the end and immediately get the second part out there, then you should already understand what the game was like.

M
Maksim Marshrut 18.05.20

Gregor21
In the conventional sense - no, the cut scenes in the game are very few. But it is a story - driven shooter.
I can only advise from my own experience: don't need to make to pass/replay themselves the world masterpieces. There's a good chance that these games simply will not come. All the time

I
IOne86 18.05.20

Gregor21
The whole game will continue in the same style. Except that towards the end gets to the alien world Xen, where they came from monsters.

The game was good for its time(1998) before she was popular shooter games like Doom 2, Quake 1,2, etc. they do plot the tol was not the player just went through the levels and kill all monsters in a row.
And here is the research center, scientists go and something to do, react to the player, occurs scripted scenes, etc.
Now it looks primitive, but in 1998. it was something new in the genre of shooters.
So it's all good for its time.

G
Gregor21 18.05.20

You got it, thanks. probably will be the first part on YouTube and then try the second, hope does not disappoint

K
Kamred 18.05.20

The game attracts the fact that this masterpiece shooter with a well thought out levels and puzzles.
The plot she has. In the beginning in the lab something went wrong and started to open gaps from alien to our world. And you need to find a way to stop it. But you will understand it when you pass.)
And the man with the suitcase was paying attention?)

s
singularity2016 18.05.20

if the game does not like , it means not yours. Delete it and all
the Witcher 3 I don't like. While all around are shouting: This is a masterpiece this is a masterpiece. And what is a masterpiece? Linear advenchurnoy running errands type of Gothic. I was very bored, I deleted it.

G
Gregor21 18.05.20

singularity2016
fucking plot, charismatic characters who have their own ambitions and opinions, elaborate dialogues, variations of development in the quests, in the story, a rich universe and beyond. the Witcher is a masterpiece, for me. but that's not the point, and not about your tastes. I ask what is in this game that is worth it to go if there's a plot. I'm looking for in this game, something that would make me pass. however, I have learned enough, the topic can be considered closed

V
VovanFitisov 18.05.20

I 1 the second part is not much. Stupidly run forward and hit enemies. All. No quests, no dialogue, no explanation what-ever. But the 2nd part is really cool, I liked it. And her ending all waiting for the 3rd part.

.Nero 18.05.20

Gregor21
In this game the plot is. You need to listen to the words of scientists/security guards, when they turn to the player, they bit by bit be given information. If lazy to play - there is an article on Wikipedia, the plot is briefly described.

I'm looking for in this game, something that would make me pass
Try to get to the tentacles (the Chapter is called Blast Pit), there will be more fun.

x
xDDGx 18.05.20

about a third of which are all waiting for
Already too much time has passed since the release of the last part of the series, so that wait a hypothetical continuation — meaningless (I would even say irrational).

>>there's no dialogue, no purpose
>>No quests, no dialogue, no explanation what-ever.
Except for in the game (movie/book) was a story, we need the dialogue and the characters? The plot — if it is happening, a series of events obeys a certain logic between individual events visible relationship of cause and effect.
Contrary to popular belief, by the way, in the Duma (at least the first) the story is still there, but in rudimentary form. But in General, what is Doom that the first Quake is a collection of maps or episodes, which the player can consistently pass and run separately. In Half the same in all events there is a certain logic, we don't just throw from location to location, and we consistently examine more or less complete and consistent world.

Honestly, these two phrases:
>>there's no dialogue, no purpose
>>No quests, no dialogue,
Sound like... you would have written no headcrabs in half. That is, it is a complete contradiction to the truth. How is it that no dialogue, if they are almost at every step? Of course, if you just run forward, not looking around, you will not see anything. Halfa is so wonderful that she does not impose. You wanna go over there and shoot anything that moves, want to thoroughly explore every nook and cranny. There are almost no compulsion now sit down and watch the cutscene. For HL2 it is also true, although to a slightly lesser extent. Halfa differs from many games is that everything happens directly in the game, no cutscenes, text, in-game of menuh, games, etc., arguments, and thoughts aloud. Everything you need is in the game, and have to find it and interpret the player's task.
Tasks and goals are quite a is, listen to what they say NPC, closely, if you are so important. Just to spell it out here, no one will, the insights have to do themselves. If you interfere with the language barrier — look Softonic.

And it is for this reason that I strongly suggest:
probably will be the first part on YouTube
In the case of CL is a sure way to spoil your impression. However, do not exclude that the can be caught a good pass/letsplay. If you still want to use YouTube, and if you know how to perceive English on hearing, I can advise to pay attention to this user:
https://www.youtube.com/user/BigMacDavis1/playlists
I personally liked his passing (this is a real pass, not letsplay), although they focus on gameplay (secrets, items, monsters), but it often affects other aspects of the game (her story, the same story, all sorts of interesting things), and St. sorry, I only watched the passage of Doom, about CL don't know, so I can't guarantee that this is what you need.

Stupidly run forward and hit enemies.
Well if you play with easy, then Yes. And if indiscriminately shoot all including security guards and doktorishek... But in General, most shooters interesting tactics, strategy is usually just run forward and destroy enemies happens only to a certain point. The dialogues, the plot... all of it can only catch on at first, over time it gets boring.

Quake 1,2, etc.
Quake 2 — just the same story, it is very different from the first Quake. And there's even a mission, tasks, goals that appear on the screen in clear text. The world is also quite seamless, this is clearly not level as the first Quake.
However, in my opinion, allow your quake 2 is noticeably inferior to the CHL. Though, because there are no neutral NPCs, and dialogues I don't remember.

the only realized that in the lab something went wrong, the monsters came from and why the soldiers who allegedly came to evacuate us, trying to kill all
No one promised it would be easy. HL3 because so expect that the plot of the series is quite twisted and has many uncertainties. The same g-man at least. Even the developed don't know who he is. Someone is intriguing, someone annoying, but I personally don't care.
At the time the forum was the popular question-an indicator of how closely the players were playing: why Gordon in HL1 the rocket launches? And you, comrade. Gregor21, understand why? :)

and then try the second
If you want to play HL2, play HL2 once in. I personally first played it, and the first for a long time disdain. I can still recommend the fashion. Halfa remarkable not only as a game but as a platform for hommega. To it quite a lot of decent mods. Again, I first played in fashion, and then passed the very CHL. At least, I can recommend Paranoia and Cry of Fear — best Chesnie fashion: with the story (in the case of KOF, even non-linear), dialogues, characters, tasks and goals (well, at least in the case of Paranoia...). KOF, by the way, even relatively fresh, the 13th year of production, KIS, he has the Incentive as a separate (free!) game, but actually it is a mod of the half.
For that matter, I even Black Mesa can recommend. Maybe it will go better, and in terms of plot (since it was for him) the difference is negligible. Do not rule out that after the original will be perceived differently (but please remember that BM!=CL, and Ksen are they still not released).

I ask what is in this game that is worth it to go if there's a plot. I'm looking for in this game, something that would make me pass
I'm playing the game just because I want to play games. Just like that. Story, graphics, soundtrack..? All this is nothing more than a nice add-on. The most important thing in game is the gameplay. I'm not used to look for any reasons, excuses, justifications, strange highlights and values in order to just play. I just like to play in the CL. And if you don't like something what can I say? The plot in Half — is not important, it's not the same, or, at least, not just because of what it is played. And try to consider any elements of the game (the plot) separate from itself is not worth it.

M
MunchkiN 616 18.05.20

kind of like she is the first sutanon with the plot

A
A.Soldier of Light 18.05.20

Gregor21 wrote:
there's no dialogue, no purpose, just useful as a rat. should I continue to wait for developments
Apparently, you used to play in a modern movie where every 10 minutes of dialogue, cutscene etc 8)
Nothing unusual then, everything is clear. Just take note that before the game was exactly like this: you play yourself and no matter what distractions. Of course there are exceptions, but shooters were such. Quake, Doom, Unreal, RtCW...

Gregor21 wrote:
variations of development in quests
There are no quests, if you need quests - play quests, lol ))

G
Gauguin 18.05.20

For its time was, and the corridors were much more interesting than other shooters. Now of course the game has already blown away, and extremely overrated second.

A
AndreyBatkovich 18.05.20

Gregor21
the plot is. Just need to keep your eyes open, look carefully in all directions and... put yourself crack, then you will understand what is happening. And if you are so broke and really want to go to u-tube, select the option Freeman.

C
Cvoxalury 18.05.20

Gregor21

This game is not for everyone. If you do not understand, it does not mean that something is wrong. The fact that she is popular... a lot of what is popular. Not to say that you're missing out. The game is old, had not yet learned to do storytelling, and the developers took a big risk trying to go beyond the trends of the 90s. If they made it? I do not know. Is this really the best game of all time? Definitely not. Surpassed it, just like any other best game of the past or the best film of the past.
----
Yes, I love to always be last.

C
Cvoxalury 18.05.20

A. Soldier of Light
Apparently, you used to play in a modern movie where every 10 minutes of dialogue, cutscene etc 8)

A syndrome of oldforest attacks your neurons? I forgot playing modern Doom or prey, that to me every 10 minutes had to be distracted by the plot of the game.

Before the games were released manuals, without which it was impossible to understand. Try to guess itself about a combo weapon modes in Anrile - hell Yes there is, look for the manual or the forums. And sometimes the story itself was written in a manual. Now the training of the player, the storytelling and the explanation of gameplay integrated into games, because games as a medium has evolved, become cinematic. And it is an objective plus, not a minus. What is it like to suffer trying to play the game without training? Or play the same old games and ignore their disadvantages. Well, then really the modern game would not go, and seem kintsom.

A
A.Soldier of Light 18.05.20

Cvoxalury wrote:
Now the training of the player, the storytelling and the explanation of the gameplay is integrated into the game
That's a plus, I agree.
Before Yes, net was strained, FAQ s almost was not. All were themselves, soared, but passed themselves )

J
JetRanger 18.05.20

Cvoxalury
Now the training of the player, the storytelling and the explanation of gameplay integrated into games, because games as a medium has evolved, become cinematic. And it is an objective plus, not a minus.
If it is no Long allowed for non-skippable cut-scenes.
Indescribable evil!