3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tdante 18.05.20 10:51 am

Should I upgrade 8gb to 16gb ddr3 1600

The fact that buy the gtx 1060 and ssd for games.
And I think that will my RAM is the weak link. And that there are already all sorts of Andromeda in istrebovanii 16 gigs write.
Now I have only 2 slots for RAM and only ddr3. They are now stacked with 2 dies at 4 gig. Memory is the best that it could stick, but damn, only 8 gigs.
To exchange it for the 16 gigs we have around 2300 UAH ( prkticheski 5000 rubles).
Whether full sense of the extra 8 gigs of RAM, if its a 6 gigs of memory?
Basically, I take the ssd in order to avoid problems in the swapping of RAM.
I need to buy more RAM or you can do?
7 Comments
Sort by:
l
lookaway 18.05.20

on SSD paging file is not put, if I am not mistaken.
video memory to RAM is not too has.
for me 8 is not enough. when the game eats about 5, but we need another browser at the same time to climb, and sometimes additional Windows to run.
for example, the same GTA a online eats not less than 7.2 at top speed with 2 Windows in the browser.

J
JUnnAmmED 18.05.20

Can try with this configuration to begin with.Play games with enabled afterburner'om or some other program that will monitor the waste of resources of the computer.If you will be missed,it will be possible to buy.By the way,and percents at you what?

Z
ZONE93 18.05.20

if the money is there but at least 32 put.

M
MunchkiN 616 18.05.20

well I shall buy 1060 and check peck-peck
PA the idea of a big swap file on the SHDD will solve some memory problems up to a certain limit.
if the memory is even so end (a game schA it is used as the adaptive) the game let's say after 30 minutes of the game start to lag to misiti and fart and then finally fly. as if the greedy game is kind of like a cold black ops 3 and the next most likely. if anything sametco will not even peck him.
and SSD under the swap file memory pressure in real applications there will not compensate. Yes, talking to the paging file will be faster and probably sudden isolated Icahn will come to naught for the most part. you will encounter stop and Parking SHDD. with a large shortage of RAM the fps would still be dropico to 0 if the game or application is not poured before.

m
moblin 18.05.20

lookaway
Put.

M
MrDemonRush 18.05.20

lookaway
About the fact that swap affects the SSD is a myth. There is no difference yet since Windu taught to work with SSD.

T
Tdante 18.05.20

lookaway
The problem is that I don't see a real need the game memory consumption. If I have 16 gigs - the game will eat 12, if there are only 8 - vyest 6-6,5. Tested on Andromeda.
JUnnAmmED
i5-4670 on the best then there was no money, need to get.