3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Protocol10 18.05.20 08:46 pm

Repair or replace the switches on the RAZER BLACK WIDOW ULTIMATE 2014.

Welcome. It seems that yesterday broke a switch on my keyboard. Key P/G. Clicking the symbol will not be printed, or reprinted, from the first times, or press harder. Claudia bought in 2014. Cleaned regularly from dust and debris, no liquids inside did not get. What can I do?

PS. While the idea of the Internet. To disassemble the keyboard and desoldering the switch. Take it apart and re-assemble.
10 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirlusha 18.05.20

Protocol10
Protocol10 wrote:
or tap stronger
Optional the switch cover. Perhaps there is a hairline crack in the circuit Board. In addition there is a desoldering nothing, usually there is a contactor in silicone spring pad, which is whiling away the open tracks on the circuit Board when pressed. At least I have so.

P
Protocol10 18.05.20

Kirlusha
Understood. Sucks if so. In General what would you recommend to carry in repair or to pick? In principle I know how the soldering iron to hold, but afraid of getting culled.

K
Kirlusha 18.05.20

Protocol10
Take off the button, look like specifically in your case arranged the switch. Maybe it's just the pad itself with the contactor to move from some lesser-used buttons.

P
Protocol10 18.05.20

Kirlusha
Well, thank you. I'll try.

K
Kirlusha 18.05.20

Protocol10
If you have a good camera, throw off the picture.

S
StarOfDeath 18.05.20

Protocol10
Tell us please that the rest of the story, and then I like Claudia, at least I will know if what to do.

P
Protocol10 18.05.20

Kirlusha
Well. The camera is, I will unsubscribe when I do. Aren't going to do or not.

StarOfDeath
well

M
MunchkiN 616 18.05.20

I think the pitch hold the soldering iron there not much pomeret.
to disassemble it is of course possible suddenly there kakah Kai anything. wipe the contact spirits. especially in the bakery case, you can porobovat Cheney to be natality under the button to close her gash.
if it doesn't work peck-peck to suffer and roll.
I soldered the mouse in the same result =0. as integrated circuit can be

P
Protocol10 18.05.20

MunchkiN 616
understand you. will consider

K
Kirlusha 18.05.20

Protocol10
Here. For example, my.

Spoiler

In the center of the pad with graphite contactor and the contacts. Tester you can check which contacts cortada clicking continue on the track to determine the presence of cracks. The crack can be avoided by carefully pripal thin transactions. But if he crushed graphite contactor, it can be rearranged. In my case, the keyboard is disassembled without removing the buttons and pads on a common substrate. That is, I have a contactor change without problems.