3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
The Walking Dan 20.05.20 10:44 am

Gallium (Rome: Total War)

pix.PlayGround.ru

And who played for Gauls?
59 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tekos 20.05.20

I played for Gauls!

c
cataphract_an 20.05.20

and I played for Gauls.

T
The Walking Dan 20.05.20

Well? Although I still like the faction Greek cities.

B
Betrezen 20.05.20

I played for Gauls. I have Rome 1.1 to play. If the above can be much more difficult. I liked forest archers and cavalry, also normal. If you get more experience selected swordsmen, too bad they are strong against heavy infantry. Well than Spanish bull warriors or Gallic infantry are weaker to be honest:-)

T
Tekos 20.05.20

If the population is growing, cities are hard to manage! But in General, I liked the Gauls to play!

c
cataphract_an 20.05.20

normally, only from the Romans tired to fight back.

B
Betrezen 20.05.20

I've played for the Gauls was puzzled by their neighbors. The British and the Germans in Alliance on my capital attacked. I beat the Spaniards at this time. Julia and Bratty attacked together on batavi. In short, and in truth for one turn I had 2 more battles. Simple swordsmen gained a lot of experience and the cavalry also of the barbarians. I do not understand this: when I play for the Spaniards, Britons or Germans, Gali town, quickly reached the number of inhabitants of more than 6,000. Can artificial intelligence chiterstve? :-)

t
timur1997 20.05.20

I developed a plan to seize Italy and just in case 1 defensive-Empire Union from Libya to Lithuania and roads-plan of attack-
transferred reinforcements to Italy on the road-attacked and captured first Segesta then feint conquered Northern Italy will soon be ducky with the cavalry
LEARN
what played the other may write.

t
timur1997 20.05.20

and no codes not used (I always create the Empire without code mods))

v
vavan74 20.05.20

The barbarians of Europe is animals. Galls are one of the most interesting factions . Their Archer is the super unit in the game. There are four units in the army and the Roman armies just quietly crawl away from the battle cards. And the Germans... M-m-M. Let them hooked in the game easier than fighting or Spanish, but how lovely is to first dislodge the Romans from the walls of the lumberjacks and raiders, and then to release to the Roman city from different sides six Berserkers and just sit back and enjoy as these upgrade dogs with cute voices cut invincible legions. Nobody else does it so gracefully. The aesthetic unit, in one word :) But Brits are kind of boring and uninteresting...

d
dsadgrt435434 20.05.20

Now playing for the Gauls.Later noticed that the battle group is 200 and not 100, as I thought at first.It is necessary to gradually switch over to swordsmen.Much they on income affected.
From Julio the Senate bothers to capture their capital.
Still have to fight back on several fronts.Well,the British did not dare to attack yet.I'm on their fleet immediately attacked - apparently they have communication after that was broken.Some of the cities I gave to the mercy of fate, because there is nothing to protect them.While HX is not attacked, bring in the income.

S
St-Teodor 20.05.20

I for the Gauls played - the first thing the barbarians endured, at least interests in common, they are intractable, and in the rear is situated, on - the urine of the Romans, the Seleucids there to my surprise stuck, but do not attack risk)

d
dsadgrt435434 20.05.20

Decided to beat again.Tired gramotina.
From Mediolanie and Batavia the whole garrison sent to Arkin.When Julia sent some armies on Segesta, laid siege to Arkin.Julia was attacked by reinforcements of forces were about 1-1. I broke them individually with low losses - this may be done and the average player - the main thing is not to give them to reunite and attack in force,if possible, odnovremeno.Try to use battle cry.
Arkin of course, I was captured and the population is not destroyed.
If the army of the Senate far enough, you can try to attack the capital.But then you have to sweat - you can lose.
You can build a Fort and gather strength to attack Segesta.The important thing is that now Julia is severely weakened and the Gauls plus.
Of course from capturing the city the rebels.Need the money to unwind. I prefer to build barracks for swordsmen, because they are. probably much cheaper militia.

d
dsadgrt435434 20.05.20

St-Teodor
I for the Gauls played the first case the barbarians carried.

The Barbarians first strong army.The Spaniards can still can compete.
Against the British in General first, no chance - I just defend and try to attack the weak rebels.
The Germans in General can become a big problem because of the phalanx - they are hard to break in the rear, unlike other phalanges.

T
Turbo Pascal 20.05.20

I had somehow classy debut on VH/VH for the Gauls.

1 turn. Hid all possible forces with the General from Megalania and Batavia over the bridge in the woods. Spy moved to Armin.
2 stroke. The Scipione penetrates into Armin. Troops attacked Armin and the gate opens!!! On the second course Armin fell. As reserve troops already there, put the sanctuary and the troops to prepare. Reinforcements from Megalania and Batavia begin to concentrate in the famous forest.
3 move. Spy penetrates into Arresi. Armin troops from attacking him, but not all cat carnival gates are closed. Begin the siege. Armin to maintain order is a reinforcement.
4 stroke. Arazi fell. Since the backward town of Segesta, the destruction of the Julii was a foregone conclusion in the next few moves, the more reinforcements were arriving continuously. And with cities Julio finances General Lafayette, though the Gauls and so people are not poor.
Next. Did not dare to attack the Senate. Went and captured Trent and Croton, catching the moment when the troops departed for the Balkans. Brutus stayed in the village of Apollonia) Captured Capua. Well then, troops from the North and the South of Italy attacked the Senate and due to the large numerical superiority pumped troops of the Senate was defeated.

The Gauls cool to fight, the troops are great. Where they are not put on the map, they are always aggressive and have a chance of conquering. Even if the troops at the start is weak, there are generals, almost cataphracts, one squad of three poor Greek General tramples)
The Gauls the churches good, and the whole world to capture the impossible.

dsadgrt435434
Why against the Britons at the beginning there is no chance? Have shaving troops are no better, only the generals pose a serious danger (dogs, by the way, they can be poison)). Somehow fought with shaving, I don't remember who, gathered an army with 5 brig generals (all in the stars and with good experience) + 2 heavy chariots. The rest of the troops were changed due to high mortality. The group I drank all the blood before I came.

T
Turbo Pascal 20.05.20

In battles with the Germans and other barbarians in forests a very effective ambush. Places for ambushes there a lot. Only now the entire enemy army can not be destroyed, that is bad.

You can, for example, for fun to keep a few dogs. Unleashed dog, and then ran away) the Main thing is to stand with your side to the dog through a gauntlet of the enemy did not run. A sort of guerilla warfare)

T
Tribun 20.05.20

it is a pity that in ambush not to put a large army. full stack 100 pounds in an ambush not put((
and the dogs, Yes, the right thing against the barbarians. I'm using them more and stormed the city: the battering RAM breaks through the gate, then the dogs of war with the chain descending into town my soldiery.

T
Turbo Pascal 20.05.20

And I get a full Aria in an ambush set
Is there any ban for a full army in ambush?

What about the storming of cities with dogs - great idea! All ingenious is simple. How is it I never guessed?!

Recently found out one smart thing. If your General has fallen, the siege, the garrison is small, reinforcements will not have time and the guy in cover, then you have to make a simple and a stroke of genius. Carry all in the city of happiness, to dissolve the part of the garrison of the most useless troops (peltasts IMHO) and to raise taxes. A good General throws people through the fortress wall and taking the city in self-management. The enemy was besieging the city, pumped full of rebel. And the General ran to meet the reinforcements to meet the enemy in a fair fight.

Maybe for someone it has long been known and obvious, and I just found out about this trick.

d
dsadgrt435434 20.05.20

Turbo Pascal
A good General throws people through the fortress wall

So it's not really honest and it looks like a bug.In fact, even agents are unable to escape through the siege.

Turbo Pascal
Why against the Britons at the beginning there is no chance? Have shaving troops are no better, only the generals pose a serious danger

At first, the Britons already large army.Even their chariots can quickly turn an army to flight from them is difficult to close the flanks.Brits usually attack a full stack, but still have to fight with the Romans.We have in different areas to keep a large army.I have them against the outside of the castle the fight did not happen.
Against the number you can fight, probably only the phalanx.

Turbo Pascal
dogs, by the way, they can be poison

Dog the Gauls are strong, but are hired for a long time.

T
Tribun 20.05.20

dsadgrt435434
Dog the Gauls are strong, but are hired for a long time.
why long? isn't that like all 2 stroke?

Turbo Pascal
And I get a full Aria in an ambush set
Is there any ban for a full army in ambush?

don't know, but I did not try, could not put the stack into an ambush. the image of the army was just standing in the forest in full growth(and not squat as in ambush). all forest area has tried - result zero.