3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PaXa_ 20.05.20 09:58 pm

Overheating that overtook me by surprise

Good day, gentlemen. I will be very brief: the problem is that the computer started to shut off when playing ANY game (a tautology, Yes). Even a Beholder that is not very demanding, causing my poor card overheating. What is overheating of the video card I realized for the very hot video card (oddly enough). It all began relatively recently - yesterday. Appeared quite spontaneously and for no reason. The cooler is spinning without problems, the dust cleaned up yesterday... Alas, to no avail. It is worth noting that earlier, I broke the cooler and had to change to a new one, but this new cooler does not cause me problems for almost a year, and, in fact, not causes, and at the moment, because it is spinning fine. Perhaps the problem is thermopaste. My question is: is the problem in thermopaste or is it some kind of a problem of the cooler or the entire computer? The AMD HD7850
16 Comments
Sort by:
V
VOVAN WOLFovich 20.05.20

PaXa_
1) Temperature can be knowing, not wondering, using the software, for example MSI Afterburner.
2) of Course the thermal paste tends to dry, and from time to time it is necessary to change.
3) the Reason for the high temperatures, it may be a virus.
4) the Card can be very hot, the temperature can reach up to 90 degrees. A typical modern indicators 65-75 degrees. In the reference and under 85 easily.
5) turn Off the computer. The graphics card is the protection that just dropping the frequency, will underestimate the burden of it, thereby trying to save. I believe that the reason off of a computer Power supply. Worth it to check graphics card may not any warm of a sudden.
You should monitor the temperature of the system unit, and to provide reliable information and be noted on the power supply.
Neither a virus nor a weak toy can lead to serious overheating out of the blue. But the power supply can die, leading to the shutdown.
Reasons off ПКhttp://masterservis24.ru/69-pochemu-kompyuter-sam-vyklyuchaetsya.html

A
Apti 20.05.20

PaXa_
I'd start with the temperature programmatically checked. You never know what you hot seemed. MB case in the overheating of the same processor. Check all temperatures AIDA or MSI Afterburnerом

b
bazilews 20.05.20

PaXa_
But long ago changed the thermal paste?

S
Sonic268 20.05.20

sounds more like PSU problems.

P
PaXa_ 20.05.20

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you very much! Begin testit.

P
PaXa_ 20.05.20

bazilews
Honestly, not changed since the date of purchase. I bought the video card about a year ago.

P
PaXa_ 20.05.20

Artie
Thanks, will definitely check it out

0Bers0 20.05.20

PaXa_
Honestly, not changed since the date of purchase
AMD HD7850
I bought the video card about a year ago.

Something is not clear. It BU what? Some of this already, like 3 years on the shelves there.

P
PaXa_ 20.05.20

0Bers0
JACKPOT! Yes, you're right, Holmes, BU. You had your reasons and not just financial.

0Bers0 20.05.20

PaXa_
Yes, I'm just saying that you have not changed the thermal grease from the date of purchase. Ie you do not change, or only a year ago I bought and immediately changed? Question to the fact that maybe the user before you did not change the paste and it long ago turned into dry guano.

P
PaXa_ 20.05.20

VOVAN WOLF
The temperature of graphics card in about a minute before the blackout was 48 degrees. Forgot to report that after turning off the computer switched back to the Power supply surges detected during the previous power on.
ASUS Anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit.. Apparently still a problem with the PSU. Got any suggestions? (not whisking)

P
PaXa_ 20.05.20

0Bers0
The fact that I bought it from one gentleman who was selling the components, because I wanted to open a shop, but eventually went bankrupt. It has not been used.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 20.05.20

PaXa_
In fact, there are two options:
A) Submit for grading the PSU to the service center will not take a lot (about 200-300 rubles), will diagnose and make conclusions. Repair / discard. Most likely the latter, since it is impractical to repair the issue price.
B) Buy a new PSU. Especially if there is a weak OLD Chinese.
You have it conditionally on an unstable power supply, and dips (spikes) in voltage on the line. Because on and off - saves the unit. The unit produces indicators that are far from standard (+ - the permissible deviations). What PSU though? The old Chinese long time on the shelf in the garage.
PS the temperature of the graphics card about. Limit - 85 degrees, for which to handle extremely desirable. But in General. BOM put up to 90. 85 degrees is considered the limit for the CPU. A transition point.

P
PaXa_ 20.05.20

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you! Very detail and clear! I thought such a Pro-adequate computer geeks left. The unit is really old, you have to buy a new one. Thanks again for the advice) However, first refer to the diagnosis.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 20.05.20

PaXa_
You're welcome, glad to help.
Well, if you do not mind, you can check to pass. I checked for 1 hour, on the bench ran without problems.
And for future reference, don't skimp on the PSU in any case, if you have to take at least bronze certified, it gives a guarantee of good filling inside, with an efficiency of 80%, a guarantee in 2-3-5 years (and there are still gold, titanium, platinum = it is generally tops, high efficiency, 90% and guarantee 3-5-7-10 years), I got a bronze worth. The PSU You have enough 500-650 watts (although it is better to take certainly 550-650 watts - a classic now, their head is in the future enough).
Good luck, happy! See if you guys here than I can - help.
P. S. For the PD, there are mobile testers in China asking for 500 rubles, or you can take normal. But it is easier to pass, where he will load and the experts will make conclusions, and if needed will issue a document about the malfunction. So you can check whether any b/a / new at selling / buying, guarantee the health.

P
PaXa_ 20.05.20

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you! Happily)