3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
ant19521 22.05.20 07:09 pm

Vertical sync (Mass Effect: Andromeda)

Hi all. Nvidia GTX 1070. Percent. 4690. 16 GB of RAM. At the highest setting temperature of 65-70 cards. The turbine is about 1600-1650.
Turn OFF vertical sync. Temp. 90 turbine 2100. WHY ?Can you help? Thank you.
14 Comments
Sort by:
c
chlenix 22.05.20

what does vertical sync?

P
Pupsik 3D 22.05.20

ant19521
Usually the opposite,and you have pirates,or persons,that may have picked up?
P. s when You on-off. Sync. you have in the game something changes,friezes,subsidence fps?

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 22.05.20

ant19521
chlenix
Vertical sync or vertical sync pulse:
Solarbattery synchronization (eng. V-Sync) — sync the framerate in a computer game with the refresh rate of the monitor. The maximum FPS with VSYNC is equal to the refresh rate of the monitor.
If it is disabled, receive unlimited FPS. Without this limiter is given the highest possible FPS. So compared iron.
The conclusion is that disabled the limiter, the graphics card is beginning to give the maximum possible frame rate - 100% load graphics card. Of course, the temperature rose and the turbine speed.
Vertical sync, if possible, allows you to leave the reserve, to conserve resources. So we have: every first frame of 60 fps, and every other frame at 30 frames per second.
Also, this figure can lochit third party software to the required value, be it 45 or 75.
From wiki FOR WHAT, short and clear - perhaps getting rid of "jerks" when the FPS jumps dramatically
- much smoother
- in the games allows the video card to not work at full capacity, thus significantly reducing the temperature of the video card and the noise, especially if the installed cooling system on the graphics card is weak and noisy
in undemanding applications, reduces the maximum power consumption of the graphics card

a
ant19521 22.05.20

Baby 3D
Pirates. But it was the same on the license Tomb Raider.

a
ant19521 22.05.20

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you very much. I get it now. Very lucidly explained. Everything is logical. And I thought it was a glitch somewhere with me.
But a bit strange that the game flies and so and so. So it is better to include that the card is not rape. Or am I wrong?

-
---VENOM--- 22.05.20

Don't know who wrote this wiki about vertical sync, it sinhroniziruete frames and removes the tearing when the picture is at the center of the monitor breaks into two parts. I used a long time ago, did not include, as was chasing max shots and played online toys, but then when the footage was already do not care, and simply wanted to play for myself in a single player game, I saw that the picture often breaks into two parts, although not in all games. And so I decided better to turn anywhere and not see the tearing, where the fps is sad - there is much on the circumstances.
The game flies because the card is powerful and can produce more than 60 fps, there would be weak - would not fly the game, and when vertical synchronization is enabled, the - would show even worse results.
That's the way of rules for the description of synchronization:
Vertical sync. Possible values are "On" and "Off", "Use 3D application". Under vertical synchronization (it is unclear why NVIDIA moved away from that term) understand synchronization with the refresh rate of the monitor. Enabling V-sync allows you to achieve the most smooth image on the screen, shut down allows to obtain the maximum number of frames per second, often leading to the disruption (displacement) of the image due to the fact that the video card started drawing the next frame, while not yet completed output of the previous. Due to the use of double buffering, enabling vertical sync can cause a drop in the number of frames per second below the frequency of the monitor in some applications.

A
Apti 22.05.20

ant19521
vertical sync restricts fps to 60 frames. If you don't have, then you can enable vertical synchronization. And Yes, therefore reducing the load on the graphics card and the heat will be less. You have 1070 reference as I understand it ? Temperature high the truth. Take care of good air flow in the housing, as the Council

a
ant19521 22.05.20

Artie
No, the temperature during ultra and enabled sync. not more than 65-68.

a
ant19521 22.05.20

---VENOM---
As I understand it, if you disable sync in the settings of nvidia, then FSP will show as is, and not to limit the frequency of the monitor ( I have 60).
Is that so?

-
---VENOM--- 22.05.20

ant19521
Yes, if you disable sync, the game will need to issue the maximum number of frames that can come from the computer. The only thing - there are games where there are no such settings, but they are locked to a sync enabled, as it would if the driver is off - I don't know, never tried. I never disabled it in the settings of NVIDIA, where in the standard is something like Use application setting", so that it is possible in the game to enable\disable, the same effect will be.

a
ant19521 22.05.20

---VENOM---
Understood. Thank you. To kill the card will not be))).

R
Rottan 22.05.20

ant19521
I checked on a Foul 4, plane without. With over & under temperature of 45-50 degrees 60 FPS. No rifle FPS comes to 160, and the temperature rises to 80 degrees. It's the law. The higher the frame rate, the higher the temperature. I also GTХ 1070 FE turbine.
By the way, reduce settings, the quality has not changed much, and the temperature is not above 55 degrees.

But, but rarely come across a game with average graphics, and with vetically, and low settings, still the temperature is high. For example Hitman, the last. To 70-73 degrees.

R
Rottan 22.05.20

ant19521 wrote:
Understood. Thank you. To kill the card will not be))).
That is the correct conclusion.

a
ant19521 22.05.20

Thank you all. With the upcoming holiday!!!!!!!!!!!