3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lexeres 14.10.19 11:23 am

A sharp drop in FPS for 5 seconds (Far Cry 5)

Laptop:
Ryzen 3750
16ram
Gtx1660 ti 6gb
The game is on the SSD

The problem is as follows. The game runs perfectly at max speed, but every 2 minutes the fps sharply drops to ~10 for 5 seconds and then is restored immediately. Same problem noticed in the game Division 2 (litsuha), yubisoft, too.
Vertical sync switched on and off, lower graphics changed - did not help.
I thought maybe Punto switcher in the background of a layout varies, but without it all as well.
Firewood last game ready, but put, and normal - the same thing. In other games this problem is not seen. Antivirus is avast, but with him no problem. Calculate some left the process in background could not at first glance.
What can be done? Feels like the CPU dramatically in 100% rested
12 Comments
Sort by:
V
VsynC 14.10.19

Background processes ?
Only in these 2 games ?

D
Dogmit 14.10.19

Lexeres
diminish settings to high, sistemka is clearly not to play on ultra

C
Chuck_Norris_ 14.10.19

Lexeres
monitor program FPS Monitor that is loaded on 100% if probably percent of the matter in this way-as 4 percent of the nuclear even 8,mi production is not enough for new games, when I start the game kill all processes in background, particularly antivirus and to the article extreme update 10 wines for buggy games fills-operatives and this just fits the description of a sharp drop in fps after a while and these 5,five seconds apparently the RAM is cleared thus loading on percents 100ку, and perhaps deal in a large paging file on a slow hdd

Z
Znak kachestva Ubeysoft 14.10.19

Lexeres
Check the temperature, these friezes usually when percent or vidyaha dropping frequency due to heating.

i
imitator26 14.10.19

Benchmark the game was launched? Run and look at the schedule derived at least some idea, and the game is demanding on high settings and when you consider that it's the laptop then just lower your settings.

L
Lexeres 14.10.19

imitator26
Did a benchmark, minimum 52, mean 67, maximum speed.

L
Lexeres 14.10.19

Chuck_Norris_
CPU usage at max speed - 38-44% of the total, GPU 70%, RAM - 6670мб, the memory 4783со becomes 5.6 GB of video and 10GB of RAM, but it's not as dense.
Made high setting and turned off HD textures, like it became better, but this is not accurate
Stable 60 FPS with the plane.

Now checked during brake - processor jumped from 40 to 80% of the load, and the video fell to 20-30 and then it all came back

C
Chuck_Norris_ 14.10.19

Lexeres
So in the game that connected and at this point there is a sharp load on the RAM and the CPU, and apparently there is not enough bandwidth most likely the CPU and the CPU can't load the old graphics card and it runs on 20-30%, respectively sagging fps. To improve the situation is limited to 70-75 fps with programs and reduce the game settings it should reduce the load on the processor and will require less bandwidth, as the same may even help disable the HD textures in Far Cry 5 which also should reduce the burden on Prots, ie require less bandwidth of the memory subsystem...

L
Lexeres 14.10.19

Chuck_Norris_
Turned off hd textures, vertical sync is on and not gives your 60fps to rise. Played, seems fine now :)

G
Grandshot 14.10.19

It may be because easy anti cheat that Ubisoft uses in their games to protect the online component. Some helps forcing .exe files in the games High the priority of a process.

You can create .reg file with the following content:
СпойлерWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\FarCry5.exe\PerfOptions]
CpuPriorityClass=dword:00000003
(square brackets in a string without a hyphen)

And then perform it for the changes brought in the register.

L
Lexeres 14.10.19

Grandshot
I'll try. Somehow didn't notice that in FC5 cheat too)

L
Lexeres 14.10.19

Grandshot
it did not help.
I even the most minimal configuration set - still

Looked through task Manager, at the time of the wild drawdown, on the contrary, the CPU drops to ~15% as the load slipped off in the form of the game and then again the game has loaded and fps stabilized