3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
e
en3rgizer 23.05.20 09:01 pm

Magic weapon damage (Dark Souls 3)

DS3 is the first game of my series (well, before it was Bloodborne, but it is still different), was her knight in heavy armor with durukoy, even without magic, could not kill the current the nameless king, although probably not enough trail it, but the question in General, not about this. I like all the mechanics, the intricacies figured out, read guides etc but here is the answer to one question I can't find where it is in access, so I decided to create a theme, if you do not answer here at DS wiki still create. I don't understand how does the magic damage on the weapon, so for example in the beginning of the game you can get deep-axe physical damage plus 100 damage from darkness is the same, it would seem IMBA! but no, when you hit mobs shows still 100 damage, as if there is no damage from the darkness. When I played knight I thought like, maybe he's from INTA fuchuan scaling (although most gun information there on additional damage from any skills), started a sorcerer the same thing there is no difference. Plz explain how it all works.
13 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ivanych 23.05.20

en3rgizer
Damage scaling from darkness of intellect and faith, as Pyromania. Plus, some of the mobs increased resistance to darkness, and Vice versa. In General, that worked magic damage, you need to pump certain stats: darkness and chaos - faith + intelligence, lightning - faith; crystal intelligence.

a
ashot0892 23.05.20

If I'm not mistaken, every mob has its own index of the resist from magic, darkness and so on. The damage written on the weapon to be held only mobs with vulnerability to these elements, in other cases it passes only a certain percentage of damage. Magic damage increases the intelligence and sometimes the faith, the bleeding and the poison-luck, lightning, faith, the darkness kind of intellect and faith

d
dra1man 23.05.20

Speakers above are confusing dark magic and weapons enchanted by the darkness(the deep). If the axe has a normal damage of 125 + D D scaling, the tempered darkness 103 103(darkness), and the scaling disappears altogether. And the fact that the damage does not match is because of the level of the mobs and their resists, the farther the thicker the mobs and iboost this sekey falls, if not better.
For example, the fiery weapon does the same, and the gross removes scaling but adds standard damage.

I
Ivanych 23.05.20

The speaker above beguiled the dark and deep hardening. I tried to explain exactly what stat points depends on magic damage.

d
dra1man 23.05.20

have the deep weapons added damage with darkness, and that the confusion came. The question was not about magic, but about enchanted weapons. And dark adds the damage the darkness, but scaling from stats.
Ivanychi

I
Ivanych 23.05.20

en3rgizer wrote:I don't understand how magic damage works on weapons
I thought the basis of the question is this.
dra1man

d
dra1man 23.05.20

Ivanychi
magic damage on the weapon, enchantment, magic, darkness, dark, deep. Heads or tails, the author actually confused XD

e
en3rgizer 23.05.20

dra1man
Ivanychi
the question is about the base weapon damage in addition to physical, if it is on the weapon there is
the fact of the matter is that on the axe there is no information what scaling the damage sclerousis extra damage is usually written as 100+100 ( the second number depends on stats), but here he seems to be physical as prescribed, ie under the physical 100 darkness 100, and I understand it needs to be regardless of stats, physical is that which is written, but he even the most simple peasants and dogs in the village of the undead is not for whom did he pass it ? I thought maybe he has some sort of chance to proc and it is one out of only 5 beats, because if he worked every blow that really would be cheating what is

just when I was playing knight soared, Caryl the sword of exile heavy gem and pure physical damage, beaten, and now I play a magician, only the magic of the beat is not always convenient, so this issue rose sharply))

D
Ded MastDay 23.05.20

The question, as I understand it, is why weapon damage is only physical damage more than the same weapons enchanted with for example magic or darkness, though in sum, the second is more negative
The fact that most mobs high resist, magic, darkness and other elements. This resist is not in percent but in absolute terms. That is, if the mob resist dark 100, and the weapon has physics 105 and 105 darkness, the mob will only have 105+5 and it will naturally be less than 125 one physics. In General, the enchanted orbicam, you need to overcome the resist. If damage weapons less resist, the damage from this disaster will fail and will be fully repaid. Will be only physical. Based on the foregoing, I venture to suggest that it is much more profitable to sharpen weapons only in physics, for example exquisite gem, but against a particularly thick, just temporarily cover it with resin. Scaling from stats, in this matter, does not matter, as it only gives a boost to bazivamo weapon damage, but does not affect the resistance of mobs to a certain type of damage.

e
en3rgizer 23.05.20

Svetoslav
thank you, I understand, but if even the small mobs such high resist, then all the damage a fraud)

D
Devill666 23.05.20

en3rgizer
Lord. it's just that most mobs with LOWER resists from the resist to FSC damage.(here's an example of the rot of maggots has a vulnerability to fire and literally rolls from weapons with fire damage and Pyromania)
you'll NEVER be applied on the one butting as much damage as it is written in weapons and it does not matter, magic damage, lightning, physics. only if you can beat completely naked character. and then there resists will be low .

s
siame 23.05.20

Devill666
Some of the enemies have not only resists, but also the vulnerability to a specific damage. For example, the dry bones of a skeleton vulnerable to damage like, as well as the sanctified weapon. Slugs in the fortress of Farron just defenseless against piercing damage. About fire damage for wet and Bizkaia maggots you've written. Demons have a vulnerability to weapons of the black knights. If you beat the enemy what he has a vulnerability, it is possible to obtain cherished tsiferki more damage than weapons in the article written.
Dried zombie on the Wall Latrice - one of the strong guys, especially Axemen.

T
Toxa95 23.05.20

Devill666
Well figs knows. I'm digging the wizards two-handed astoreca at ~450 I have in the article the damage was about 410. Thus, the attack was not heavy or loaded. I think they wore rings that increase damage, and go in rags.