3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FludoTron 23.05.20 09:09 pm

Founder of Blizzard North about groundrope and the remaster (Diablo 2)

Pulled out here is a small excerpt from an interview with the founder of the Diablo series, maybe someone will be interested.

David Brevik is a developer of computer games and the media is one of the most famous names in the history of Diablo. He is known as one of the three founders of Blizzard North and its President. In many respects, this person is responsible for the creation of Diablo I and Diablo II.

In mid-February, Rhykker interviewed David Brevik, broke into pieces and from time to time and posts them on his channel.

Rhykker: In patch 2.5.0 are (talking about D3) added sverchkova items. The drop chance will be 10% of the drop chance of an ancient item, but will be even better. What do you think about this?

– Well, you know, I think Rand is a delicate matter. For example, I think we're pretty badly balanced some runes in Diablo II. Personally I do not like the approach, when the subject is so rare that it seems you will never get.
In the end, under this system, everyone is frustrated. Lucky players lose interest in the game because he received everything he wanted. Unfortunate – turn away from the game, frustrated by the inability to get what you want. The main way to combat this is controlled by random, when the probability of obtaining object grows feigned time.

Rhykker: there Was a lot of hope that at Blizzcon 2016 will be announced remaster Diablo II. How think, whether there will be someday, and it's a good idea?

– No. Well, the probability of this is – Blizzard has a lot of different directions, but I don't think the remastered Diablo II is one of the priorities of the company.

You can make a remaster with high resolution, but there will arise some problems.

Game assets for Diablo II really ugly. But since we atenderle their 15 pixels, or what was the height of models, and you can't see their ugliness. When the monster strikes, you do not notice that at this point his arm is not even connected with the body. Old assets can be rendered in high resolution, but it would be complete chaos.
Next, we face the problem that should change in the game. I would, for example, removed the stamina used for running. But where is the boundary between not enough big changes and too many changes? Is it necessary to keep throwing the potions? They were part of the game, but no because they are not used. And then I saw how someone went through the game using only the throwing potions. So you need very careful approach to the question of what should be updated?

Need to find old assets, new assets will have to adjust to the old assetm, and so on and so forth. This is an incredibly complex project. To realize such a project is the same that make a new game. So I think that they make a new game.
78 Comments
Sort by:
m
minovalo 23.05.20

A question about the wigs have? :D

F
FludoTron 23.05.20

passed
Apparently, he tries not to think about this moment, as a nightmare)

O
Obsessed 23.05.20

Personally I do not like the approach, when the subject is so rare that it seems you will never get.
Fly to the throne again erundu what is written is obviously hinting at a freebie, which OFC is not (

F
FludoTron 23.05.20

Obsessed
Again, the fan thing some (

c
cristagalli 23.05.20

FlyDoTrona
But do not worry, soon zod will drop to 8 Lo(say mathematics)

O
Olezha Buhalo 23.05.20

pawson, wigs in fact a bug that was not originally foreseen or specially created?

F
FludoTron 23.05.20

Oleg Bukhalo
A bug that was not originally foreseen, OFC. But in some places purposefully still supported, for lack of desire or fear to fix it.

O
Olezha Buhalo 23.05.20

FlyDoTrona
a very good reason
without pariko it would be much more fun to play

a
annortheone 23.05.20

When the monster strikes, you do not notice that at this point his arm is not even connected with the body
*Went to check*
Spoilery monkeys
Spoilers Dark Wood's

O
Obsessed 23.05.20

FlyDoTrona, or inability zopilote alternative. I would even not playing very pinned to assess the success of local players in one quest (Oleg knows what). ;-)

ANN_OR, it's not monkey, it's a bear! ( Oh, enty!

k
kewelldkny 23.05.20

and Firka interview any edition? I'd rather read them

O
Olezha Buhalo 23.05.20

kewelldkny
people with split personality one interview takes and na translite nikto ne izdaet
Obsessed
enty is sort of like the trees from lotr
you mean the one where the blame of the mobs ?so this is what ng all doing so)

l
la_la1 23.05.20

FlyDoTrona wrote:
In the end, under this system, everyone is frustrated. Lucky players lose interest in the game because he received everything he wanted. Unfortunate – turn away from the game, frustrated by the inability to get what you want. The main way to combat this is controlled by random, when the probability of obtaining object grows feigned time.
nagrany better with time the more you play (MF) the larger the drop. not like now, came the novice, almost falana on Hella knocked ber or higher rune, and the life(in D2) was a success. Rand randomized but need the balance for it, and priority

f
firkax 23.05.20

la_la1
nagrany better with time the more you play (MF) the larger the drop. not like now, came the novice, almost falana on Hella knocked ber or higher rune, and the life(in D2) was a success. Rand randomized but need the balance for it, and priority

this is how all want it a reward for the work and do not want good luck
bad idea

f
firkax 23.05.20

as for his story about the alleged bad randomness - well, it so happened that his opinion was determining when it was decided all the rules

about the pictures - I think OK cool in D2 and not needed, the game is not about him
excessive detail in some places, perhaps even positively played into my interest in the game to see detailed ugly monsters (but they have to be in the story, it's not about the defects of drawing and about the artistic aspect) and detailed process of killing would be disturbing
but in General - there is a will organized and everything would have turned out

s
street_vaiper 23.05.20

PREDLAGAU UBRAT TORCHI I ANIHI NA BN UBRAT RUNIE WORD TAKZHE DLYA BATLE NETA TIPO INFINIKI FORTITUDE grifi, potomuchto oni slishkom uzh imbovie, nazovite hot odin unik kotoriy sravnitsya s grifom ili bronku kotoraya sravnitsya s fortitude, netu takih, vi vmeste tut i tak igraete be znchit drug drugu pomogat, tembolee enigma u vas ostanetsya , tembolee tut i vi vse igraete na poganih sorkah i paladinah na molotki i krome kak vam infinika niche nenuzhni a tak kak on dorogoy a vi vse dlya vas bomji to voobshe netu raznici. karoche ubirayte torchi anihi i runie word dlya bn

l
la_la1 23.05.20

Slanovich
do not need to raise it 100500% but the idea about the drop feigned it would be standards.
1 - there would be interest from players more time to spend in the game doing races
2 - would be online (which is missing now)
3 - beginners would be a prospect to play and mpiti to dislodge the armor
and so to rely on luck and nothing more

k
kewelldkny 23.05.20

A Google user scrolls down the comments street_vaipera place Lois

l
la_la1 23.05.20

street_vaiper
simply return 1.09 there or anything like that and all the Persians are equal in pvp in PVM.

O
Obsessed 23.05.20

so this is what ng all doing so)
to assess the success of
Oleg Bukhalo, ^

A Google user scrolls down the comments street_vaipera place Lois
kewelldkny, went with a PG and put.