3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aleksandr Zubov89 24.05.20 10:03 pm

Help please? the problem

Hi All. I have this problem.
on the motherboard AMD A10-7850K worth the 2 slots for the RAM. I have 2 straps with 8GB DDR3-1600 (800 MHz) (total of 16GB.) and worked 2-channel, and saw a 16GB computer. and now I work in 1 channel, and sees 7гб. Looked in the program Speccy says I have 4 slots of memory(2 of 2 available).
How to make them back, and what's the problem?
36 Comments
Sort by:
a
airstorm 24.05.20

Alexander Зубов89
Memtest - the Ohm check?

A
Aleksandr Zubov89 24.05.20

airstorm
what is om?

M
Marsj 24.05.20

Clean the RAM contacts with an eraser.

A

Marsj
cleaned. zero emotion.

M
Marsj 24.05.20

Check the PC start with one lath in different slots.

d
dilat 24.05.20

Alexander Зубов89
This decline of the English word - Memtester

A

Marsj
checked. does not start with one slot?
what to do? to change motherboard?

A

dilat
thank you

a
airstorm 24.05.20

Alexander Зубов89
Memtest - https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memtest86
Program to check RAM

A

airstorm
thank you

a
airstorm 24.05.20

Alexander Зубов89
Download from here:
Спойлерhttp://www.memtest.org/download/5.01/memtest86+-5.01.usb.installer.zip
is the installer on a flash drive. Googling how to put down stick... Kuchai sites with step by step instructions and on YouTube a dozen videos. Keep in mind, the flash drive will be formatted, so... the old keep it.
Next, boot from it and wait until the program will pass at least one test phase.
Roughly speaking, if you got at least one red stitch.... either on ososke broke/came off the chip or the contacts on the strap oxidized. there are also more exotic or... shattered the slot (contacts poorly pressed), the problem of the chipset, the problem in the power supply circuit RAM, the problem is the Power supply, etc.
Check first piece, as advised by Marsj in different slots. If both (individually) will pass the test fine - so they're all OK - test pair.
Alexander Зубов89 wrote:
checked. does not start with one slot?
what to do? to change motherboard?
Given the fact that the computer you have is not new.... to step menat motherboard you should pay attention to the power supply. At least on a visual level: vstovskii capacitors, change the color of the PCB under power transistors and Schottky diodes.... Well, at least the voltage measurement with a voltmeter (under load)... Although even in this case, has not been canceled dried up electrolyte without swelling and as a result wonderful and unique ripple on the output... But it is... kind of guesswork -- or for drops of rosin or flux.

A

airstorm
I have a question. why do I have both modules working(i.e. shows 16GB) in 1канальном mode?
in my task Manager, says 16 GB, but used 7гб, and the rest 9гб writes to reserved hardware

M
Masky76 24.05.20

The BIOS was off by default?

l
longerr2007 24.05.20

Alexander Зубов89
You are a single screen provide.There are no clairvoyants.

a
airstorm 24.05.20

Alexander Зубов89
Alexander Зубов89 wrote:
why do I have both modules working(i.e. shows 16GB) in 1канальном mode?
in my task Manager, says 16 GB, but used 7гб, and the rest 9гб writes to reserved hardware
In this why trying to figure out three more besides me. However to no avail -- due to a certain lack of information... sort of.
By the way Masky76 asked a very sensible question just above....
What is the test result issued memtest?
What is the model of the motherboard? And in what slots are strap?

A

airstorm
airstorm
longerr2007

A

MSI motherboard A68HM GRENADE

l
longerr2007 24.05.20

Strap on the motherboard to insert one.1-3 2-4.Usually in the black slots.Then are 2 channel.

A

longerr2007
I only have the motherboard 2 slots for RAM