3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Hipsterlong 25.05.20 10:02 pm

I want to change the graphics card.

Can I replace my old geforce gtx 750 geforce gtx 1660, while having the power supply 400 watts, intel core i7-4770, and sleep without fear of one day to detect fire in the building. On this issue all respond to me differently, and power calculator shows like a reasonable figure. If there are those who can judge from their own experience, and then I have it especially.
22 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 25.05.20

Hipsterlong
Take a normal 600 (DOT).

M
MunchkiN 616 25.05.20

if the unit is certified 80+ and the processor is not overclocked you can probably
and in the midst of the battle Royal may be the crack of Spock and the unit will shut down from overload possible
Tama couple basically says that the recommended power output of 450 watts

v
vitalik76 25.05.20

Hipsterlong wrote:
On this issue all respond to me differently
And all and not have to ask. Go to the NVIDIA website and see the specifications of the graphics card https://www.nvidia.com/ru-ru/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1660-ti/

There is a recommended system power requirement of 450W. Want to take the risk? That's your business. If that happens, you'll know what the problem is.

w
william1992 25.05.20

Hipsterlong
That's certainly not worth to do so

H
Hipsterlong 25.05.20

vitalik76
How then to determine, for example PLUS 500W Aerocool VX [VX-500 PLUS] to the geforce gtx 1660, or not? What characteristics need to identify compatibility?

R
Ryazancev 25.05.20

Hipsterlong
The opinion of the local is no better than the opinions of store managers. With such success go to BPS and buy anything. Because opinions usually suck toes and they are not substantiated by anything. I assure you the difference is not pocrisy. As it (the difference in the discernment) comes with knowledge and is comprehended in comparison.

V
Vaipen 25.05.20

Buy vidyahu for 20K and 3K hold for a new PSU. XS well, so-so economy.

H
Hipsterlong 25.05.20

Vaipen
the only smart answer, thank you

B
BaatarTengu 25.05.20

Hipsterlong
First, take BP, and then a good cheap card, like 2060-2070. But it all depends on budget.

_
_POINTMAN_ 25.05.20

Vaipen
Yes on Q3, does not clear up the power supply. Damage to one solid. Here for 4.5 - 5T. R you can more or less watt on 450-500 to take.

V
Vaipen 25.05.20

_POINTMAN_
Well, at you bent. I have Ibpnyc so worth it :)

_
_POINTMAN_ 25.05.20

Vaipen
Just the PSU is what can not save. Moreover, in the case of tick can carry out a Assembly in the bin, so even when it's usually a bad stabilization, drawdown on the power lines and so on. Paint will not, because it's already gevano - chewed a hundred times.

F
Faust0106 25.05.20

Hipsterlong
Aerocool is in any case not worth taking. It is better to look in the direction of be quite system power

v
vitalik76 25.05.20

Hipsterlong wrote:
How then to determine, for example PLUS 500W Aerocool VX [VX-500 PLUS] to the geforce gtx 1660, or not?
Company specific can not say anything, but power 500W is more than 450, so theoretically you go. Of course if that power is fair and provided that the PSU has connectors capitania graphics.

And besides the graphics card you take from the category of cheap and cheerful. Sooner or later change for the better. And it is again, BP will buy? It is better to buy the PSU once with the stock power for a long time. I imagine 10 years ago I bought the PSU at 1200W. Still works, no noise and does not overheat. And the rest of the iron during this time was twice changed.

P
Palych Rokov 25.05.20

Hipsterlong wrote:
Can I replace my old geforce gtx 750 geforce gtx 1660, while having the power supply 400 watts, intel core i7-4770, and sleep without fear of one day to detect fire in the building.
PSU replacement and it's definitely the kind of thing that not one day can be bought, I would be looking in the direction from 1kW and above. About the graphics card, buying a 1660 you want it to change almost at once, the map is very weak, collect money and wait for the release of the 30 series from NVIDIA or from AMD counterparts

V
Vaipen 25.05.20

_POINTMAN_
Then it is necessary the complete set. The ground bus on the housing. Dif slot in the shield. ?

_
_POINTMAN_ 25.05.20

Vaipen
To each his own.Everyone buys what it sees fit, but the above written has been repeatedly tested empirically. Work with prom.electronics and automation, and have seen enough, as in the cotton sucks the power unit dies, the equipment that it needs to nourish. Sometimes it ends the burnt fuse, and sometimes the PCB to the holes burned. He laughs best who laughs last

S
SonyK_2 25.05.20

Hipsterlong wrote:
Can I replace my old... while having a power supply 400 watt... and to sleep peacefully without fear of one day to detect the fire in case...
I also some time ago I thought: I'll pull the old PSU (500W, 2010 purchase), if update vidyahu. Thought and thought, but it happened naturally: once during the game the computer suddenly rebooted. After reboot there was an inscription on the jump of the voltage on lines + 12V - in motherboard protection tripped. I looked in the UEFI and Windows, I saw this:
Spoiler

Removed none (~120 watts) and run on insertion - was fine: within +/- 5%. Decided not to risk the hardware (especially a new vidyuhi likely will eat is bigger than mine now) and bought a new PSU with extra.

Roughly estimated according to the power specified in the theme config (4770 +1660), but then ignored the rest komplektaa disks, coolers, number of memory modules, etc., without which it is difficult to calculate the power more accurately.
Spoiler
If the PSU is good, you can try, but still better not to take komplektuhu under its power back to back (with no reserve). If it is relatively cheap - at the most inopportune moment backfire: can not stand and will burn anything made of iron. Do not write I did not warn you!

V
Vaipen 25.05.20

_POINTMAN_
And what I saw of the substation with imported equipment for a hundred Tisch Milen clap. Just because a banal overload. Due to the fact that obshage heaters have monastically. So the equipment price is not the decisive criteria will pop or not.

P
Podvipodvertov 25.05.20

Vaipen
Ideally, it is not worth 20K, if you take pre-crisis time, it is until 2014, when prices roughly reflect the level of goods, the price of this vidyahi 7K rubles! On this cost it and plowing, but as not for 20K)))