3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
Ugryumyy kot 15.10.19 03:12 am

How to increase the size of the subtitles in the game? (Mass Effect 3)

In General, I bought a new monitor (1920*1080), decided to play the game and found that at normal resolution the game tiny subtitles! The old monitor 4:3 was not such a problem. Tell me, can a file to edit some sort of need or something, and then with a magnifying glass to read the subtitles as it is not really :\
16 Comments
Sort by:
P
PrototypeAss 15.10.19

Grumpy cat
so you put a 16:9 format

U
Ugryumyy kot 15.10.19

Bender love drinks
It is well worth it. Resolution, format nastroeny for the new monitor, and the interface and subtitles from which it became small :\

P
PrototypeAss 15.10.19

Grumpy cat
Screen

U
Ugryumyy kot 15.10.19

pix.PlayGround.ru
Well, for example

P
PrototypeAss 15.10.19

Grumpy cat
you have the old monitor, what resolution was

U
Ugryumyy kot 15.10.19

1280*1024 and the second and the first part was not such a problem, subtitles are normally displayed on the new monitor, is only in the 3rd part.

P
PrototypeAss 15.10.19

On the screenshot everything is fine

P
PrototypeAss 15.10.19

There is a workaround for the problem of small font of subtitles. To do this:
1) open Coalesced.bin ME with Coalesced Utility (the way of opening, see the cap threads);
2) to drive the search word fontmap;
3) in the edit menu fontmap (left window) to change the string (Locale=*, FAeroLight Shared, SubstituteFMyriad Pro+DFGGothicP-W5, FGUI_SF_Fonts.gfxfonts) font Myriad Pro+DFGGothicP-W5 font Biomass+DFGSoGei-W7
4) save changes (important to observe the exact punctuation).
Thus changing the standard small font to big font from the game menu. Get great subtitles that are easy to read on monitors of 23 inches and above.
Why the temporary solution? It has a side effect: all the labels in the menu of skills, equipment, journal become very large, which sometimes leads to a slight release of the text outside the fields.
Let's hope that in the near future Biovars themselves to rectify or will be available to the pcc unpacker files, in particular SFXGUI_Fonts.pcc (where the dog is buried).

U
Ugryumyy kot 15.10.19

Bender love drinks
Thank you. Try

U
Ugryumyy kot 15.10.19

Didn't work :\

a
alek001 15.10.19

PrototypeAss thank you, it worked)

J
Jack Harvey Hell 15.10.19

How to slow down the speed of the subtitles? I Coalesced using ctrl + F different possible words are checked to find the necessary parameters: the text, font, subtitle, speed - but did not find the parameter that governs the delay or line display of subtitles on the screen.

b
brazilium 15.10.19

Jack Harvey Hell
Actually if you think logically, the subtitles are not tied to speed, they are tied to the dialogues in the movies.
Probably need to slow down the playback of the rollers is to put the videos on pause

J
Jack Harvey Hell 15.10.19

Well, it is if you think about it. However, in practice, the subtitles work in parallel with the game, the dialogues are not bound, according to the specified settings that can be changed, for example, via Coalesced.bin can be many things to change the game. If I knew how to seamanite this file then the problem would not be, and I need to slow down the playback of subs, even at the expense that subtitles will not sync to match the original voice acting and the movements of the mouths of the characters.
Is there a way to put the videos on pause?

G
GabaBaron 15.10.19

PrototypeAss
Super

J
JengSolo 15.10.19

Who knows, you can change the subtitles on the 4K monitor?