3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SUSUL1 28.05.20 05:25 pm

About fast file system, or why we need a Raid controler and M2 slot

The history of creation of the fast file system.
I have it in the blog issued, if I had like...
Can anyone give good advice, even with the tests spread to various embodiments, if the arms will reach and who will give the link as normal HDD to overlook...
By chance I got two drives from a server, a volume of 300 GB and the disc rotation speed - 15000 rpm (though as it turned out noisy contagion as HDD from the 90s)
I really wanted to see what will be able to system with them as a system, but the trouble is that they have the SAS standard, and this standard AT not physically compatible, that is, the SATA drives can be connected to the SAS controller, but the back will not work.
So I went on ebay and bought myself just such a thing (to add the picture punch too lazy to Google=)
HP-Smart-Array-P400-pci-e - scsi-sas-raid-504023-001-512M
Downloaded from HP website the driver for win 7х64, which stood on Windows 10, and allowed to include the 512 MB cache no external battery
Yes, this thing had to buy
SAS 32pin sff-8484 to 29pin SAS sff 8482 data cable with 15pin SATA

(on ebay it's worth a penny, sell gutted with servers)
Battery I decided not to take, because the computer saves even off duty voltage.
And so, I had before the experiment
1 wd10ezex - 1TB disk, on which stood system (skorosti read up to 160MB/s
2 Raid 0 on the controller nutplate of 2 500GB drives Hitachi Deskstar 2008 and 2012 model years.
(Why the wild in Ryde? Yes, because the reading speed of each of these discs is not reached 80MB/s, and in Raid they ever given something)

After connecting I had a Raid 0 2х300 from SAS disks on the controller (which by the way, no problem arose in the PCI-ex slot a second graphics card (the mother Board GA-970-UD3P) and 2х500 RAID 0 disk connect Ryde to the motherboard.
I could not get enough, Windows was loaded in 2 times faster the response, the wind began immediately after download me START., and earlier you had to wait for the download Krismon the driver, and the read speed tests of up to 300Mb/s! Almost such a SSD drive turned out.

After installing the new server disks in a computer, and two 500GB I got the problem that when copying large files (especially, I felt, when I started to drive when she became of goant for 60GB video through a video Converter from one RAID to another) I sometimes hangs the interface Windows, the mouse refuses, and even lost the Internet! Thus speed of copying does not exceed 120MB/s. despite the fact that the test utility promised at least 140Мб on the 500GB RAID and 270 SAS drives
I began to dig, and what kind of garbage it may be, percents it is not loaded on 10%!
I came across a short article
The battle for South bridges
www.thg.ru/storage/intel_ich10_nvidia_780a_amd_s..

Is this fucking South bridge on the motherboard of AMD can easily become a bottleneck (the Intel with the better)
And I hooked a second pair of disks on the RAID controller, to war a bit with the launch of Windows (why it wasn't in the BIOS boot disk) and copy the information back, the copy speed rarely dropped below 120MB/h, and even came to 180Мб/s and no problems with the response of the computer, in the form of hanging mice.

Because intending to build a VERY fast file system from termotehnika, we strongly recommend to read this article. It may happen that she will overload you to the South bridge and go spontaneous collapse in the form of glitches in the system.
But on the outside contoler and Reid can be transferred to another computer, and the South bridge remains free and does not slow down the system
8 Comments
Sort by:
D
D78L Secret 28.05.20

bother my friend ))

V
Vinni-Pukh 28.05.20

SUSUL1
Here you are not too lazy to do it ?

D
Djonnikc 28.05.20

Vinni-Pukh
Come on! The thrill of the man to confuse, why not? And there you see, maybe someone will be useful)

S
SUSUL1 28.05.20

Vinni-Pukh
No, and class got serious shit concerning the insufficient performance of the southern bridges!
Better than video to record and in what resolution prompt, ready to make a video on the problem of South bridge on the 970 chipset
After all, some TRAI=to its new positio n today FUL SSD file system, and here's a bummer - 100 ( in my case) or 300 MB/s (this is for Intel) -the maximum that can issue South bridge, PI astom the joists such that the enemy does not want! Falls off everything!
Keyboard, mouse, ping goes far beyond 999 and all because of a high load on the South bridge! While EO IAEA not to overclock in the BIOS!
so I previously tried to convert a video with 6 cores and graphics card, and play WoT on 2 cores, and eventually got a wild drawdown ping... just peripherals fell off when you download winog of Aosta to complete a large volume of distilled data

V
Vinni-Pukh 28.05.20

SUSUL1
And the point is to discuss? 970 platform, and the FX is so outdated that and discuss the whole thing tired.

S
SUSUL1 28.05.20

Vinni-Pukh
Well nifiga yourself, what South bridge is on Razanah, and what is the Intel 7000 series?!
Because it turns out that buying a couple of SSD for EAID0 can be accessed in the Pit South of the bridge
And, as I wrote above, when driving a large amount of data all peripherals just dies! Keyboard, mouse, Internet... All this fall off
And most importantly, all the League will test the CPU, but not the capabilities of the chipset!

V
Vinni-Pukh 28.05.20

SUSUL1
Well, Intel-and I had never heard of such a problem.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.05.20

by the way do not know the peck-peck
it is necessary to look for information about what performance pekalla sec falls on the bridge. for server there is like 5 GB sec in the top Mat boards. and on the North, like 3GB / sec. minus the Express and CPF Yai. the Internet and USB.
most likely you just found the bottom of the SAS controller that I bought
5 SHDD connected in parallel and not just in the old system and I had something 80-90 MGB sec about and not the old Intel х48 no such фх970 AZM obvious problems with bottled naked hadn't noticed.
but with the addition of the peck-peck. Express 2.0 Amud chipsets it is possible to find the bottom for cards like the ABM, ducobu and just the newest type 1080ти where the memory with a bunch higobashi sec
as for the m2 toe on the threshold of h99 chipsets where these things occurred I thought his performance AZM is a piece of Express just that otkazyvatsa not quite clear from where but belong to the same North bridge sledovatelno shares with the pathetic remnants of the Express lines from Mat Board and everything else. however, its performance is higher than any m2 SSD that you could buy in the 14-15 year.