3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
WOLF7 29.05.20 10:38 pm

Harmony of the dark side. (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords)

I have long been interested in one question. Is it possible to harmony in the dark side of the force? I mean, can I use the darkness, while remaining harmonious person? octavas at peace with yourself? somehow, I'm sure that rage and hatred is not the only way. Let's take the example of Revan. Can take over the discussion of Darth Tyranus, because in my opinion he is a man beyond anger. Seemed urovnoveshenny man. Let's discuss. Raise the forum.
51 Comments
Sort by:
S
Self-Relliant 29.05.20

Let's discuss. Raise the forum.
+1. Oh! At least someone listened to my advice

I think it's not harmony should be called, and something else. Harmony, still included in the code of the Jedi, and the concept itself associate with light. Go back to the beginning. The dark side requires maximum dedication, renunciation of the former self. Quite difficult here to understand what it means to be at peace with yourself. Darth Tyranus used both sides light and dark. but somewhere it was said that he was proud and arrogant, pride transferred him to the dark side. It is an occasion to reflect...

W
WOLF7 29.05.20

then you can still think. it is possible that the classical code of the Sith is not the only path to the dark side. question. is it possible to use the dark side without resorting to rage? or fury can be called a side effect it the dark side? Remember Darth Sidious. His teacher was able to create life. I bet that this knowledge cannot be obtained through anger. Maybe we have an idea of the power a different and dark side can be used not only for destruction. It is possible that the danger of the dark side of that is that the owner loses his sanity. Perhaps the dark side is the second degree of evolution of the sentient force which can properly be used only after long work on its own free will over one's own mind to learn kontralirovat her and not allow her to take over.

PS people, catch up

s
schweppes13 29.05.20

Of course, it is not necessary to experience rage, anger, malice being on the dark side. But sooner or later these emotions will manifest. Also, in my opinion, this is the easiest way to transition to the dark side.

s
schweppes13 29.05.20

Although, if you look on the other hand... How can you kill people (almost all manifestations of the dark side directed at it) without feeling rage and anger?

W
WOLF7 29.05.20

let's remember how Anakin Skywalker went to the dark side. His soul of the Jedi had been slowly disintegrating for some time. The transition he made, making a choice, but the power got, succumbing to rage, aggression, killing.

my knowledge of the universe is not very extensive, so you want to bring more examples of ways known to the Sith. perhaps together we will find the truth.

W
WOLF7 29.05.20

to kill chuvstva rage and anger... but also kill the Jedi. the doué depends on what purpose you do it

S
Self-Relliant 29.05.20

But if the judge sensibly, hate is not anger. Let us think about it. In my opinion, is more complete and perfect sense. Anger is based on irritation, it is usually specified by the flashes, which over time fade. Hatred is more cold, and permanent. Remember how many years the true Sith waited for revenge, skryval outside of the galaxy, how many Sith after Darth Bane had its own plans, and only Palpatine had perpetrated the crime. It is based on hostility, not only can be personal. For example, hostility to manifestations of weakness, or Jedi teachings.
VIZAS said, There are many kinds of hatred, but they yavlyayutsya darkspawn

W
WOLF7 29.05.20

Hatred is a negative emotion, the most intense form of manifestation of the negative attitude towards anyone and/or anything. Often accompanied by a desire to kill, to hit, to crush, to destroy the subject and/or object of hatred. Hate can also exist without a subject/object to be anything not directed.

Often perceived as the antithesis of love, its the complete opposite: if love is characterized by active interest in the existence, life and development of the subject and/or object of love, then hatred is an active interest in the destruction of the subject and/or object of hate. Despite this, the feeling of hatred can (and often do) co-exist with the feeling of love. In psychology, this coexistence is called "ambivalent" feelings. In folk wisdom it is recorded, for example, in the expression "From love to hate one step."

Anger — affective emotion, aimed at overcoming obstacles to the excited state spirit with bright vegetative response: muscle tension, tide or the tide of blood from his face.
The man who yields to anger, feel hurt or angry, is in constant danger to do terrible things and hurting themselves and others. Anger is condemned by world religions.

s
scareproof 29.05.20

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. PASSION - passion is the correct translation. Passion is not anger and not hatred, it a passion. Anger is one of its manifestations. Any emotional outbreak can be considered a battery for the use of force, and then it will be assumed that you're using the dark force. Light call midichlorians through concentration and quiet, dark through passion and emotion. It is different way to contact with them. Therefore, it is possible to be a quiet man, but while using force powers to provoke any strong emotion.

S
Self-Relliant 29.05.20

That's right, passion. But it is not only based on the negative emotions: hate, anger, fear, jealousy, etc. the Sith may be, for example, a passion for knowledge, passion for the new. The Sith code is correct, but that's the concept that Yoda said that"fear begets anger, anger begets hatred, hatred begets dark side, etc is not always true. At the same time, and usually specified the limitations of the exercise.

Now about hate. I think that all 2 000 years, after the battle of Ruusan the Sith should have been kept a hatred of the Jedi, she had to be instilled from generation to generation, through rituals and traditions. Otherwise, everyone would have long forgotten. Palpatine would have thought, why is revenge on the Jedi?, and engaged in their own Affairs.

W
WOLF7 29.05.20

it's all clear. but we decided that to learn about the dark side through passion is the easiest way. I claim to know darkness you can without the passion and mastered it. ie not to allow the darkness to sweep and ovladet it. what do you think?

S
Self-Relliant 29.05.20

I think it's impossible. That generally means dark side?

V
Viyr 29.05.20

Although the Dark side is inherently destructive,it can not only destroy but to build, master Sidious, Plageus striking example of this, he was able to create life using the force, Darth Sidious also mastered this technique, and was able with his help not to die to Anakin/Vader from injuries on Mustafar. Vader using the dark side was trying to heal himself, but all that kept him on the dark side is anger and nenavis, he is using the Dark side returned to virtually the same appearance(at least I can breathe without a helmet), but once that happened, the anger and hatred was gone and he again became disabled
Vader took a deep breath, exhaled, breathed again. The energy of the dark side filled him, and he was able to breathe like a normal person. He focused his anger. It is unfair that he is so crippled that he could not breathe normally all the time.
This is... unfair!
Healing energy stayed with him.
If he could sustain his indignation, lungs and trachea Vader remained pure; He fed the fire of his rage by the injustice of the Galaxy, which did not allow him to recover.
And healing energy left him.
He struggled with a sense of relief. Struggled to hold his anger.
Energy pulsed in it. Almost two minutes. A new record.
Vader tried to suppress a smile. In vain.
He collapsed under the protection of the health of the camera. Steve Perry Shadows Of The Empire
from this passage we infer, if the entity is wholly given to the dark side then she gets on her strength and power, but it's worth it (the spirit) even for a second to give a brighter feel as the flow of forces is lost. This means that harmony on the dark side impossible, although it is ambiguous, at least to take the same Mace Windu.....

W
WOLF7 29.05.20

Mace Windu, by the way, is also a very interesting character. He, if not mistaken, PLO kun studied a lot of dark receptions. But despite this they ostavalis in the Council. This means that the dark side can be in harmony. let's think about it.

s
schweppes13 29.05.20

A very interesting character, Quinlan Vos. Read.

http://ru.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%9A%D1%83%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BD_%D0%92%D0%BE%D1%81

s
schweppes13 29.05.20

This means that the dark side can be in harmony.

The harmony is a very narrow path.

V
Viyr 29.05.20

Balancing on the border between light and darkness Windu still had not received all the relics which she could give, because it requires some part of yourself to sacrifice and the more you donate the more you get. Windu somehow using some of the features of the dark side escaped its impact.
In fact, he never even touched the dark side

S
Self-Relliant 29.05.20

Windu somehow using some of the features of the dark side escaped its impact.
One of the examples. Form vaapad. Based on the anger, the indignation only a short time, then use this form instantly denies emotions

s
schweppes13 29.05.20

The only Jedi who could use this style without the danger of the dark side - Mace Windu. Sora Balk and DEPA Billaba turned to the dark side, due to the effect of vaapad.

V
Viyr 29.05.20

This is the point, they inevitably ended in darkness, it is impossible to play the dark side to stay in the light, sooner or later, still long, just all the threshold of resistance is different.
As for Sora's Beam, do not argue he could use vaapad, but the one who really owned papadom it was Windu, he's the only one who used it, and slid into the darkness.