3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SUSUL1 30.05.20 10:49 pm

What affects the CACHE controller of the HDD?

In General, the ball fell to me on two 300GB SAS drive speed 15K rpm (not very fresh, but for this class of equipment 3 years not time. And I'm on fire ideea to build a RAID system, instead of buying a SSD to 128GB and decided to put them, for give as much as 600GB quite nimble file system
Bought I controller HP agkau 400 (luckily they cost pennies), and he's got 512 MB of RAM.
And they can be played by selecting them with the volume for read/write.
How interesting will influence these MB on speed РЭЙД0 and any share optimally set?
(well, that bursting disks - so that is nonsense, the sound of scores of small Apocalypses local)
8 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 30.05.20

PEK-PEK a few times esteemed niche or understood.
the cache is used SSD order in two pitch-words Boratto reading fermented AZM file usually 64 and 128 MB while the drive head can be moved to any table and yet there is the miracle that is copy a small file from one disk to another but then put the file in 5 minutes. and drive peck-peck turned off and the file is copied then both discs are included screencut heads with magnetic.
do servers good at the case described, there are drive special food independent only there is the expense of memory on giggabit.
and SAS is just a hard drive so small. the essence of SAS I particularly do not understand it supports hot replacement of disks, but its essence is that it is quite usual SSD at a speed of 7200 Rev min for example and characteristic density record for number of pancakes as normal ATA RAID. SAS and RAID on the line so simply incompatible interfaces. in SAS you can use RAID and RAID the SAS anymore. before consumed a special controller or adapter.
speed accordingly as there will be RAID 10 if not wrong in the case of RAID onovo conventional SSD

q
qwertylol 30.05.20

Interesting topic, I think it is to listen to system administrators, they are much more than rummage gamers on depression

a
artexeew 30.05.20

A battery pull and see much downside if the performance of RAID in your case.

S
SUSUL1 30.05.20

art-exe
And I have no batteries for the controller, but the control utility allows you to enable the buffer without batteries.
MunchkiN 616
The main advantage of these 2 SAS drives is their speed of 15,000 rpm, which gives them a much lower response relative to the 7200 rpm disks
And Yes, I in the beginning wrote that I have this with a SAS controller, named HParray 400. Try one of these days a big test spend, good home has accumulated as much as 5 disks of different generations, Two Hitachi 500GB at the 2008 and 2011 model years and one WD blue 1 TB.2013...
And there is now even a RAID of two server disks fell on her head.
but crack infection at the same time...

M
MunchkiN 616 30.05.20

SUSUL1
there was some Raptor drives couple there about 10000-15000 min for normal SATA 2. and even for laptops
I would not say that there was something on the tests.
2 but if you put will probably be as a normal SSD for 5 Grand

S
SUSUL1 30.05.20

MunchkiN 616
No, the only Raptor 10 000 rpm, and the SAS, the main difference from SATA - continuous operation. In SATA there are accumulation errors (read it people on the forums where the admins were discussing the pros and cons of SAS, because SAS disks are placed in servers that operate 24/7/365

M
MunchkiN 616 30.05.20

SUSUL1
well, you pitch better. I like the theme of the server considered. came to the conclusion that for a fairly serious loads I have enough 4x4 drive braid x duplication reliability of AZM 5 year certificate. as pravelo this certificate means that designed for non-stop operation SHDD rest of what I said registered memory and server processor, respectively. owned 86 bit UNICS is oshibka stability and some sort of UNIX OS.
for a mundane task for igorovych I realized something great and stupid crap.
I would be fumbling with the SAS controller, but just a computer for storage ejogo wouldn't priznatsa although such thoughts visited me for disks SAS a while was cheaper.

S
SUSUL1 30.05.20

MunchkiN 616
I'd not bother tal, if wild from the sky did not fall=)
No one on Craigslist would not take, so I confuse, not the dust they collect.
The boot time of Windows has increased significantly, and interestingly, the system now responds much earlier than it did on the WD blue