3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Razdunk 30.05.20 10:55 pm

WoW - disgusting continuation of the series WarCraft (Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos)

This article aims not to insult other people's feelings to the game, but for the testimony of objective opinions, conduct healthy debate, and the search agree with me people. Maybe we will make WarCraft better.

We all love the WarCraft universe. Her rich and varied story pleases us since 1994. With each game the universe was getting better and better... not yet changed the genre.

The game design has changed, the characters (their appearances), the atmosphere and, most surprisingly, the story. Analyze all changes and defects on the items.

1)hackneyed plot

Unpredictable plot — it's what WarCraft 3 did not receive the award Best scenes in 2002. It was dark and incredibly deep for common strategy, thought out to the smallest detail. It featured
absolutely all kinds of characters: heroes, antiheroes, villains. Twists and turns
here is his main strong point! In WoW everything is different. This game becomes a kind of
graveyard villains WarCraft. Like all the previous series of games
only and prepared to make bosses in raids and dungeons. Anti-heroes is no more. There are only villains and heroes. Or absolute evil (which in the end will lose),or good. Recall, finished one villain who escaped the defeat of the heroes who won? Such
characters no. Rather, they were then in WarCraft. Then evil could easily defeat, giving the authors the food to create new, interesting, dramatic stories. The same Illidan who introduced herself as a kind of anti-hero. He longed for great power, was ready to sell
for her soul to demons. But his thirst for the time stopped the love tired.
Thanks to the whining of many fans, this colorful character turned into a nobody, the misunderstood hero who turns out to be not for chase, and for demons
although we have stated completely different.
2)Atypical atmosphere

Dark and brutal atmosphere of Azeroth was brought to the environment a lot of unusual. Now the world of WoW for the most part, a cartoon, a fairy tale for young children, where good always triumphs over evil, and most evil is not particularly
Express themselves, for example, through a brutal and ugly scenery in wc3 (mutilated corpses in the camps of the undead, etc.). Undead do not is
something terrible and dangerous. All this in the game does not feel, perhaps thanks to the cartoon graphics, unrealistic scale of the world, nemackoj music. It would clearly not have made WoW 16-18+, because with all these items myself WarCraft 3 was 12+. Going back to the examples: let's take
Frozen Throne — one of the darkest buildings in WarCraft. Something like the Eye of Sauron from"Lord of the Rings. In WotlK around him devoid of any taste dead suddenly build a high-tech citadel(according to the instructions
Arthas, of course). It cuts all the idea of the undead and dark forces to ask the question Why? Moreover, the concept of cut, and the situation is grim, icy continent destroyed.
3)Lost of conceptuality

I'll start with examples: Horde — peoples-humans,monsters, according to humanity and other civilized races. The Alliance is a noble peoples of mages and knights, elves and humans, gnomes and dwarves. In WoW the Horde and the forsaken suddenly came high (blood) elves. It can and adds variety, but violates the original intent of both factions. The same fate befell Ilfov that
somehow, well, could not remain neutral and mysterious as in wc3.
In Legion the developers decide to add them diversity, turning over all idea about their culture — they create a Fortress of Black Rook, it is not
matching their secluded natural style. And push comes not from the plot,
and from the imagination of designers, who decided to experiment with a variety.
There are other examples. Remember the WarCraft 3:Blizzard first gave us a bleak, terrifying undead. Death knights — their more intelligent leaders,
obey the King of the Dead(not to be confused DK 1st and 2nd generation. These are two different things). The former paladins, esclava lands of Lordaeron from damage, but which
were absorbed by the darkness as their Prince Arthas.(description from the official website) WoW
DK — a representative of any race. Not glued, right? After all, knights are people, at least the high elves, but not cows or trolls in armor, for example. They have a culture built differently, this international approach in Warcraft 3 was not. There was
such a thing as a concept — a well-established Canon, subordinate to the original developments of the authors and the story. Maybe our heroes and participated in prepatch, died at the hands of the dead and rose again, Blizzard can
to explain everything in their games, but I do think it's absurd that showed us the developers in the first games of the series? When the story develops is very
well, the creation of something new. But clear rules and boundaries in WarCraft is what distinguishes this series from other banal fantasy.
4)Retcon, retcon, retcon...

And again redone. Split the island, our beloved Illidan, the appearances of many characters(there have been wings, and is gone the mask of a Theron Trovoada, for example.
Little things, of course, but it's a shame), Burning Legion(Gothic cruel demons are transformed into high-tech aliens with space ships, though before they moved to the portals),Karazhan... no, No! Stop! Karazhan!? In the Chronicles
we claim that aguin — his Creator! Bravo! 20 years of Blizzard had this thin thread of a mystery, until finally decided to reveal all the cards, which turns out to be
lying on the surface! This is, perhaps, the most offensive thing I read in this remarkable book. That is so the writers were too lazy to think about this storyline that they decided to get rid of troublesome fans only
the name of the mother of Medivh? Such shortcomings are many, some of them are so small that would not cost a separate Chapter to write, but do not seem to be whether such changes are offensive? But the divided Islands are 4 Islands with the jungle!
Why reckoneth all that was finally introduced in the story universe? I understand Blizzard's desire not to be slaves to the story, but can such global
adjustments to make in the development stage, it is only starting to get used to a new, more interesting developments, as you are shoved face-first into another
retcon, and finger vysosany. Since WC3 was not a single successful redone, starting from the WarCraft RPG. Yes, redone were in WarCraft, but, surprisingly, they were appropriate and fits well in a medieval fantasy game.

I never forgave the mmorpg genre — the whole idea is gameplay: armor, levels, raids, and dungeons, the sentries stuck behind the monitor for nothing. What would I put into the game? Well here I am inspired by this game, like Skyrim. I am not a fan of her, but her huge detailed world with all the voiced quests, realistic graphics and a decent atmosphere is just wonderful! I'm sorry WarCraft have become so realistic and dark, although we've got the best mmo in the world. Now Blizzard have a policy you.. And people really hawala! The Internet got an army of fanbois, ready to tear his throat only for your opinion, which is their objective. I fan myself with the experience at this company, but I see what it has become. My heart is torn from this attitude to the project, which was the creative crown of Blizzard entertainment.
6 Comments
Sort by:
R
RikoChiko 30.05.20

Now the world of WoW for the most part, a cartoon, a fairy tale for young children, where good always triumphs over evil, and most evil is not particularly
Express themselves, for example, through a brutal and ugly scenery in wc3 (mutilated corpses in the camps of the undead, etc.).
It's funny to read this. WoW unreal amount of violence. We just need to look carefully. Not a fart the graphics are cartoonish.

W
Wrenn 30.05.20

Take it, create your own Blizzard and do your wracraft what you need. A regular time is gone, nothing you're not izmenit. Theoretically it is possible to restart any franchise. But will they do it?? No will not, you yourself know it.
The point of the post to vent? OK. The only reason.
As for me... Yes, I read all your writings. Yes, all agree. Good? VK4? Restart? The single RPG? LOL.
550r./a month. Badge? With him it is still profitable to milk. Lavandos flow, the people and postaraetsya. Whiners, unhappy? They have always been.
Shareholders are more important. Financial statistics more than fans. Why? Before Blizzard were a different company. Less people, less capital, less responsibility, risk nothing, do sit down, invent. Now? The business promoted, the loot is flowing. What are the fans? What concepts, what plots? What do you want to change? To whom dostuchatsya? Search consonant people? Yes they are, a lot of them.
But Blizzard care about it? They have a database of subscribers read the sponsors, the voting of money a lot more. Will not be sponsors, there will be world war II. It's a business. Pirate server of the classics, a million players, the demand is there, blizzy know it. Their reaction? The trial, with the subsequent closure of the server. They know what they want oldfagi. But we need to attract players, it's income. Blizzard of ideological studios with hungry artists turned into a successful commercial company. That is their concept segodneshnego day.
The question is, what's next??? You sobiraeshsya to change it?

R
Razdunk 30.05.20

Wrenn
I would very much like to change WarCraft itself(and insights there) , but there are two big obstacles:
1)Fanatical community that won't listen and just zagnobit(whiny, etc). These people just seem to be the most adequate gaming comunity (I until recently believed it) Yes, agree there are adequate people, as I see it, but with such a small number of fighters for justice there is little will, and desire is not for everyone.
2)Blizzard Itself. It's just a giant impregnable fortress which does not take even the smallest unit. They may look like a kind uncle, who listened with a smile to any problem, but I don't really believe this good magician. And I sit here now, I think. To come to terms with dying before your eyes of the universe when the people around adore WoW and blizzov, or simply stage a coup, to get a job at Blizzard, Metzen become a second... is this worth it, I don't know.

T
Timur Asailov 30.05.20

Here's how You, the author dares to say (write). Just think a game released in 2002. still popular, and has a paid subscription that people pay and play as much in 2017. This is one of the best IMO. In my time playing this game, like in Warcraft 3. So no game, no game!!! so dragging me into your virtual world as disgusting continuation of the series of WarCraft . Why are only the raids with a party of 20 people. And if she really was a disgusting continuation of the series of WarCraft about it would have long forgotten, not something that would pay for the subscription, and the gift would not play, as it combines a good story, normal grafon (2002), a large, no huge open world with unique locations and rich content.
But of course everyone can have their opinion. And so I will say that my opinion, Your opinion is an objective can not be !!! only subjective. And if You don't like the atmosphere, story, changing something in relation to the original part, then there are people who liked it, like me.

R
Razdunk 30.05.20

Timur Akilov
WoW came out in 2004. This is so, note. I did not focus on a game component, and the universe itself. Yes, WoW is perfect as a game where you have 24/7 zadrotit in raids and dungeons, complete quests, grindal armor. This is one of the best IMO, but wipe your rose colored glasses. A good story? Perhaps only among the games of this genre. Or for You for the hundredth time resurrected Illidan is good? Retcon stories classic WarCraft through the introduction of ticky-tacky Chronicles? Retcon Islands of eternal victory of nonapical? Now the demons we have little if not chaos space Marines! I am ready to accept such developments to restart , especially for WoW, or any other universe. But this is WarCraft! A world torn apart by violent wars and conflicts! A world where killing whole peoples and kingdoms! Isn't that how we provide the WarCraft universe Blizzard RTS itself? And Your vaunted MMO just meaningless skirmishes of the Horde and Alliance, which are banal and stupid reason. She killed my son, why not start another war?! About the eternal victory of Geroev I have already said this in WarCraft and could not be. I'm surprised 13 people were fed this and they are pretty and to this day it is eat, considering a truly objective opinion, which, among other things, based on arguments, another improvement. Or do You think that once most rather, it means to go against it is impossible, even if it's not right? It was better before! Yes, earlier it was better when Blizzard didn't suck green with a really interesting project. When WarCraft was a real war! And by the way: realization of the world of WarCraft rpg - it's wonderful! The big wide world, fascinating places... But not when they are compressed 100 times.

E
Ezon 30.05.20

honestly didn't read what was written by the author, so I'll just add my bit because the idea caught.
As you can tell by my ava, I'm not intimately familiar with games from Blizzard, as was formerly their biggest fan, please note that it is too early being a little stinker, I drove to rock'n'roll racing on Sega, and then in years 8 first saw the computer and first it game Starcraft:Broodwar. - I was to say the least shocked by what he saw, because I was impressed by this game than you can (after 16bit and Дюны2, you know) After I played Diablo 1,2 but not the essence. As I went to a friend and saw he Варкрафт3 , it was love at first sight, which I love so far, and the game I play to this day, not a bad level in terms of micro, knowledge and control. This game can't overshadow no any. It was some kind of a cult in terms of this game, played all the clubs in Warcraft 3 and 1.5 CA. Of course at first everyone played for fun, the game was for me as space, Warcraft, it was impossible to conquer until the end. First you fell in love in the graphics and voice acting in the game design itself, then you ulybaeshsya of the heroes in the story itself, then you ulybaeshsya in Kostaki, and after you fall in love EVEN more and just lose their heads when they start to master the game in multiplayer (who in the subject,he will understand) And the most interesting that all of the iconic professional players massively nourish back to варкрафт3, this is a game in which you can learn to play at the highest level - but you're still going to think and know what can and even better! This is not a dotcom where you have to control one character, then you need to control a whole army of such heroes, units each of which has its own magic, and bonuses to attack and armor + still need time to build a base, etc. - all this need to control and win at the same in different ways, in short, if you know how to play well in варкрафт3, that this time they will seem very boring. I remember a time when there was the bunker, as many of my work friends went there, leaving the world strategies. All gone in favor of kazualschiny bluntly that it is easier to control one unit instead of a dozen. Since I think just started to get more and more casual games. Remember how we waited for Bob, remember ofigivaet all uslyshany information what awaits us in the game. But came the second world war, we played , it was great to run on all these familiar places, to pump up to level 60 doing simple quests.. But all this modern pall. The emotions you receive for their years of service in world war II, we варкрафтеры3 get the same emotion for one party game which lasts around 15 minutes. See, personally I was waiting for Vova continue the story of Arthas, honestly thought that the game will be like Gothic.. That will be cool quests, the voice acting of the characters, I was waiting for the world Варкрафта3 in the first person, but was not what I imagined... the world Itself, the design itself - Yes, it happened exactly, but all the rest, alas no, it's very difficult actually to explain.. Thought well.. not got what you want, I will then wait варкрафт4 and flexing in 3 chat. But my expectations turned into nenavisit. I began to hate meanwhile, I began to hate the second world war, after they killed Arthas... WHAT the SCHOOLCHILDREN killed My favorite character of Arthas, and then I realized that варкрафту4 not happen.. Blizzard to bridge with aktivizhen, and began to produce more and more Addons and I just realized that they are trying to suck as much money out of people. They just scored on their fans. I was even more disappointed after the release of старкрафта2, for they knew that no more of those Blizzard, that's what the other guys have other artists.. the multiplayer sucked.. it was boring to play. With every patch it even more casually. People are broke on 2 fronts, but in the end all recognized starkraft2 shit and went back to Broodwar or вк3. Then came диабла3 which was also not really recognized by the public... diablo3 and Starkraft2 was the usual copy-paste the previous parts.if someone does not agree with me groping, compare варкрафт1,2 and варкрафт3, compare варкрафт3 world war II classic, Diablo 1 and 2 compare how many different each piece is! - it was a game with large letters that even now storenet new escaping game. .... WE Blizzard fans were expecting something better, waiting for new parts, as each part of the previous games differed radically, they always brought something new to the genre. Of course small hope still was, but it vanished completely when Blizzard started to release new games as some CARD :D CASUAL MOBS Ala dotcom :D postrelushki ALA Team battles - don'T EXPECT THIS FROM SUCH a GREAT GAMING COMPANY LIKE BLIZZARD .They had their ideas, They began to chase only for money and it's obvious. No more of those Blizzard which I loved and even if you go out and варкрафт4 it will be the same srednichek like all their new games coming out, but not great.
by the way, I 1994 - coincidence? I don't think.
Spoiler