3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nariman.E 02.06.20 06:40 pm

Discussion about arquebusier and the Musketeers. (Medieval 2: Total War)

Talk about units with firearms. About their rational use, compare with other units.
I use the above units here, as follows:
Stretch them into 2 lines. The rate is not worse than the build in 3 rows, besides more guns involved in a single volley.
Of all the shooters I like the Portuguese arquebusiers. Strong in melee and ranged combat. Endure even knightly infantry.
45 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lord Stronghold 02.06.20

I like the arrows on camels from the Moors and artillery on elephants. But I don't like firearms, I purely holodnyak temper. But in General, medeski arrows are not as strong as in real life. In principle, one squad of arquebusiers with a single volley should make more than half of the knight squad.

N
Nariman.E 02.06.20

This can be fixed by putting damage 18
What's not to like arrows zabagovan and sometimes useless when blunt.

S
S.V.A.E.I.G. 02.06.20

Of all the shooters like the Lithuanian arquebusiers in kingdoms. Due to a bug, they shoot a volley and charged faster other ognestrela - they don't hang for several minutes, rearranging the order.

S
ShamomahS 02.06.20

From fire arrow used in the campaign, mercenary arquebusiers and Cossacks with muskets. Cossacks with muskets to be steeper mercenaries.

N
Nariman.E 02.06.20

Sveige
Try. Some of them shoot twice. But while linear I did not compare.

B
Bobr luch 02.06.20

Hate when hands of the powder suddenly stop firing at the enemy even if it output all the possibilities.

N
Nariman.E 02.06.20

Bobr luch
Yes! All linear like that.

L
Lord Stronghold 02.06.20

incidentally, but cannon towers fall under the concept of units for a gunshot wound?

N
Nariman.E 02.06.20

Yes. Cheat thing!

L
Lord Stronghold 02.06.20

well, precipitation is the hood crushes) although I agree that cheat. I like in an open area, preferably on the plain. And here a gunshot dudes riding hood are. From arcabucero little help.

B
Bianor 02.06.20

Ognestrela well on the flanks to keep from being punched in the center to push them forward, so they thrashed a volley obliquely in the back, the attacking - well undermines morale. Of course, if they do not themselves covet some cavalry of the enemy.

S
ShamomahS 02.06.20

On the flanks to keep any good infantry units and skirmishers

A
ANTOXA BEST 02.06.20

Shooters real power, as one ruler of France in 16ые of the century"Well, if 200 bullets hits 5.

v
vavan74 02.06.20

For the Spaniards gained full army of Musketeers and arquebusiers about equally. In the battle on the plain she had no equal - a dare to numerous French army at the time. Just put in a line (not to be confused with direct), off. the preservation of the race and sitting Smoking considering the movie from different angles :)

c
cataphract_an 02.06.20

take only the Musketeers, Cossacks, and a port. arquebusiers, and the rest is useless because of the weakness of fire and in melee. I have one squad of eng. of cava in the leg. armor destroyed 4-5 units Weng. arkebuzirov.

v
vavan74 02.06.20

Yes no North arrow is not needed. There's not a battle, so taiga...

c
cataphract_an 02.06.20

vavan74
it is in the heart of Budapest, Kiev, Crimea - the taiga?

a
ak-13 02.06.20

In the original, almost not use, but have in the American campaign. Feature on the flanks.

B
Bianor 02.06.20

the rest is useless because of the weakness of fire and in melee
To-Oh! Especially the Janissaries with muskets such wimps! Melee - 12, defense - 15. For comparison, the mercenary spearmen melee attack - 8, defense - 15. Janissaries with muskets can melee detachment of cavalry to cut.

c
cataphract_an 02.06.20

Their
idiot, he wrote the Janissaries with muskets, read carefully and thoughtfully.