3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
j
j.milosh 17.10.19 02:38 am

Impressions of the game (Ash of Gods)

well, that went as expected seems to be a clone of the Banner Saga, but the experience is not what I was expecting unfortunately... (maybe I was just expecting?)
played 6 hours already and find myself thinking what next to play itself falls, as it to make, there is that uncontrollable desire to play in the Banner Saga, and the graphics and music are not worse than BS, but the unique magic of magic (aura), which makes you relax and fully immerse yourself and most importantly BELIEVE in the game world and the events taking place in it - is this not happening unfortunately, the main reason I feel weird story, mediocre LOR games and especially annoyingly stupid dialogs of the characters and their illogical and contradictory actions.
in General, I potatosova, this game was supposed to be primarily about the intriguing and fascinating story, characters you empathize with, it's not a classic RPG game but rather an interactive novel with RPG elements and the story here is simply obliged to be of high quality. Cleaned is not enough just to copy the concept of BS, stick with a mediocre plot and some dialogue to the game could catch. Screenwriter (s) of the game minus.
7 Comments
Sort by:
a
alexkris96 17.10.19

Hmm, the plot is very disappointing

D
Dmitriy_XAN 17.10.19

About the story he gradually unfolds and even interesting is that before all the rest, everything seems well made, the world is not normal, only in my opinion the cons is that with the complexity overcomplicated, Yes, in some dialogs the text is painfully kostnadene. And so it is a good game for 7-8 points pulls

D
Dmitriy_XAN 17.10.19

j.milosh
Don't know what's in the banner Saga at a solid 8-OO, the same 7 or 8 points in the banner Saga too well, klishirovannyh plot picked by the event, it is not clear why the existing numbers of people hunger and morality, because all have no effect, and linearity throughout the practice, so, as for me they are about on the same shelf

l
la-flo 17.10.19

I think in the game stuffed everything and more, while not really implementing.
Like have a choice of where to go, but it is not clear whether there is a difference, if it touched preprohormone, it is not catchy.
I'm only in Chapter 5 I realized that it is necessary items (rings, stones) on the Persians to put things to wear, but not much difference noticed.
Card I very rarely, only if blunted and framed - will helotsa or apnut protection. Collect all no desire at all, are too strange they are.
Movement animation, attack some heroes of horror. Dumb gait Gerda, as one of the archers goes.

U
U-Rock 17.10.19

Where are the saves for the Gog version?

g
gliga142 17.10.19

Can be long to describe the pros and cons but if in short the game can be described by the question - why did the game , not the cartoon ? Would make a cartoon with a plot is interesting for an hour and a half and releasing would have earned more even , and it's a retarded quest with the implicit choices in the dialogue.A sad sight.

K
Key Ovald 15.11.20

Rarely in our time when games give birth to a whole new genre and a bunch of imitators. Immediately remember Souls Like games. But the indie segment has something to shake, namely the wonderful trilogy "The Banner Saga", which also had a couple of imitators, though rather more in appearance style.
In this case, there is no caravan and mechanics of wars, instead there will be two detachments purely of warring heroes, and one hero so in general almost by itself, and the way we pave the map, and not wait for who will come to rob our cow along the way.
The storylines here are as many as three, they are much more branched and steer to good endings really hard. And there are a lot of endings too. The size of the game almost with the entire trilogy "The Banner Saga" will be. Very impressive to note. The story is over, but there are any hint of a sequel.
Actually, the world and the plot is the best thing in the game. Not such an epic fantasy as in the ancestor of the genre, but also very interesting. Heroes and interesting characters a lot, they are written perfectly.
One of the main features of these games is the external style and everything is difficult. If in the already mentioned original drawing was the most beautiful, from the backgrounds was breathtaking, then here with the backgrounds (which almost do not exist) and arenas big problems. Everything is very simple and even gnarly, although in some places it really worked, even in the epic turned out. But before "The Banner Saga" is like up to the moon. But the characters turned out even better, much more detailed. Apparently because they are not animated (except blinking or wind in strands of hair). Animation, by the way, frankly bad.
The music is great, maybe even better than the original will be.
Not a bad map with a bunch of different road options, which still lead to one particular plot place. A bunch of random encounters, different influencing the characters and squads.
The combat system is both similar to the original and different. Instead of a role-playing system, the skills system. That is, everything is somehow simpler, not to say that the fights were interesting.
In general, yes, it is a follower, but the follower is honest, sometimes quite clumsy, but pulling a very good plot. And since I play for the plot, not tactical battles, I liked it.
7,5/10