3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 03.06.20 02:46 pm

Than it is possible to limit the GPU usage?

Friends, there is a quite trivial situation. There is a laptop with two cards work separately. R4 and Radeon R7 M260. After some games driver - selectable card works successfully. Only here for only fifteen minutes, after which sends the laptop into a country of eternal overheating!
As the laptop sometimes you have to use photoshop (and to play on the road sometimes want to), then the use of a discrete card is still required.

Because I wanted to ask: who knows a program that regulates the load on the video card in the apps? For example, to make 70%, it then will not fly into space from the heat. But even with this limitation - R7 M260 is more powerful than stronki.
8 Comments
Sort by:
M
MagicHero 03.06.20

Don't know if it works with AMD cards app EVGA PrecisionX OC but NVIDIA can limit performance as well as the threshold temperature.

t
turtles 03.06.20

msi afterburner

w
warp 37 03.06.20

Put limit framerate via RivaTuner or do downclock frequency of the GPU in the same MSI Afterburner. Below the chip frequency/frame rate - less heat. Can limit temperature to set - downclock will be automatic after reaching a specified temperature.

F
Fei Fong 03.06.20

what are you buying shit tipo hp Lenovo and so on.. remember the ASUS and MSIA top.. better raskoshelitsya Yes to forget what is overheating and so on..
and clean the cooling and replace the thermal paste on the expensive supposedly Arctic мх4.. the video card you as not agenices did not use at all.. frequency lowering also will not give here the voltage to lower the bar. but on laptops this is not done.... so do not take this govnitso tipo fuli-cry and lazy. (Huwllet-Packard) (Lenovo)

w
warp 37 03.06.20

MagicHero, EVGA Precision X - the same as MSI Afterburner.

L
LuckyKon 03.06.20

Advising you in the BIOS to dig deeper, I knew the laptop on which it was possible in General to disable the APU bidascu

i
igrok1232 03.06.20

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
it was not necessary sopitsa on a normal laptop. There's your problem

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 03.06.20

MagicHero
warp 37
I'll try. Thank you!