3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
A.Soldier of Light 03.06.20 02:58 pm

The darkness II - review and version (PC vs PS1) (Darkstone)

Homefront.
Classic hack&slash action RPG in the third person, similar to Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege. Top-down view, not isometric, the camera rotates around the character, you can change the camera mode and increase the distance to the character. Overall, a great game worthy to be in your RPG collection ))

Weapons have a level of damage, meaning they can break if they are not repaired. While magic is infinite, and if the character learned the spell from him forever, just the mana needed.
A classic selection of three types of soldiers: swordsman, Archer and mage. The game has added a fourth type: the monk, combining elements of a swordsman and a mage. Consequently, swords for swordsman (warrior), bows for the Archer (thief), and spells/staves for mages. Nothing unusual, in many respects quite standard selection of combat and leveling.
Melee can learn spells to increase magic, but to a certain limit, the main thing for him to learn a set of the most useful spells (call of town portal, for example)...

The game has a feature that makes it less boring and allows you to pass it again, again and again. Replayability StarCraft at the highest level: for each new pass are generated quests and dungeons at random (or select from a list of choices), so each story will be different from the previous one. This is a definite plus for the game. But in the PC version and PS1, there are significant differences...

Two main versions of StarCraft: for pitch and for PS1.
Question: which version is best? Interesting?
Consider both versions, although I started playing the PS1 version of StarCraft and only then saw pitch version. Assess from the point of view of the year of release.

PS1 version.
Graphics: 8/10
The plot: 7/10
Gameplay: 7/10
Control: 7/10
Replayability: 8/10
Total: 7

PC version.
Graphics: 8/10
Story: 6/10
Gameplay: 7/10
Control: 6/10
Replayability: 10/10
Total: 7

As you can see, despite the fact that I pitch-gamer and prefer PC, in the case of DS, both versions are equal in the end (I think), but personally I prefer the PS1 version.
The story is worse in pitch-version: in this version of DS only four of the region: Ardyl, Marghor, Omar and Serkesh. Whereas in the PS1 version twice more regions added new: Ardyl, Terrnya, Marghor, Dywahd, Omar, Mothada, Baastehl and Serkesh.
On the other hand, the story and secondary quests in the PS1 version is static, which means more replay value, as in peck's version more variations of quests, there is a random element of gameplay.
In addition, the secondary quests that a player receives in the beginning the city is only in the PC version of DS. In PS1 version there is no quests in the city, the city plays the role of the network of stores and nothing more.
Also worth noting is the difference in the money: in the PS1 version of the inventory can be worn at times more coins of gold, whereas in the PC version of every new 10000 coins is one additional cell in the inventory. And in a city the PC version has a banker, which can give custody of all the gold. Convenient as it corrects the problem of excess gold in the PC version.
Another item, which in my opinion is better in PS1 version, it's OK, but not the whole, but only part of it: menus, menu items, skills and equipment. Don't know about you, but menu in the PS1 version I like it more than pitch-version. It is prettier )

One last thing: fashion. Of course, for pitch version has the ability to make mods and skins for characters, as well as multiplayer and the ability to play the single two characters! Considering these last remarks, the peck version better. Only in some nuances PS1 version better, I guess I'm just used to it )
3 Comments
Sort by:
N
Naemnik 03.06.20

A. Soldier of Light
The main problem in a PC, it is a problem with the graphics on the new graphics cards. It can be solved only with the help of the emulator is that the same dgvoodoo 2 for example. But he has issues too, I have a flicker of the torches so that it is easier to play with transparent walls and transparent land near water.
As for management, I also very much like the ps1 , so as to control with a gamepad was comfortable , felt no discomfort when control of the character, now when I have no Curling irons, control the mouse as it is not very usual. (and in some cases, you can tinute not there, and get into good trouble, especially on high difficulty)
Mods on the game almost no, as it is a pity, somebody would have to drink the same Reshad, set up antialiasing (since the PC is very much hurts the eyes angular the main character), maybe even glow effects, etc.
Also StarCraft was ported to ios, android (since the game is f2p , there is navyaschevaya advertising(it is easy to remove using Lucky patcher), and Donat ). the changes are there, especially in terms of skills, I think the estimate is something should be, too. And Yes,it is not necessary to have phone or tablet, you can download a Remix os for example.

A
A.Soldier of Light 03.06.20

Mercenary wrote:
in some cases, you can tinute not there
Also noticed that. In the PS1 version, the character moves in the direction arrow click, no cursor no to poke. For DS it is very convenient. But the greatest plus in a similar management in DS is when castwise spell: possible 3-5 times a second to cast a mage.a bomb or a flamethrower into the crowd and quickly overwhelm them. In peck's version, it is impossible to repeat more slowly.

A problem with the graphics I have. Probably this version )

N
Naemnik 03.06.20

A. Soldier of Light
Problem with graphics is actually purely on AMD graphics cards, there are graphics glichty.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Darkstone
I corrected, as I wrote via dgvoodoo2 , just put a normal resolution (1366x768). The funny thing is that after using emulation (and there can be in the launcher settings to put the normal resolution), the game still takes 640x480 resolution (even being hacked via hex editor) and mouse either outside of the window ,hides the game, or locit window at all. But this can be overcome,I personally once again only helps dxwnd.