3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DemoSqpeN 17.10.19 04:02 am

Firearms (Dying Light 2)

Will not be in the game, developed of confirmed.
43 Comments
Sort by:
G
GreenDoom MD 17.10.19

similarity firearms, just a few shots and selected with the enemy without the ability to pick up in inventory
sort of Scorpio is called

O
Olly-alpha 17.10.19

When did you confirm? I told you from the beginning what would happen but rarely and climb, it will require some places where even for precious firearms to climb do not want to.

C
Chirroge 08.01.21

Olly-alpha
After E3, someone from the management said that there would be no firearms at all.

C
Chirroge 08.01.21

GRXXN
Do you think they'll be limited to one "gun"?

O
Olly-alpha 08.01.21

Chirroge
Just after E3 they said that there will be, but few and in hard-to-reach places. Where else would this information come from, if at E3 they first talked about this game?

C
Chirroge 11.01.21

Olly-alpha
Well, then I was mistaken, but before one of the presentations, someone from the management said that they would add a firearm, but very little. And then he said that there would be no firearms at all.

A
Artur north 01.02.21

Too bad, I'd like to see homemade pistols and shotguns. Alya folout, mad Max. Already a flamethrower like in a stranger in the first.

A
Alpharius20 01.06.21

You might think in the first part it was some kind of ultimate weapon, maybe it just doesn't fit into the setting. On the other hand, I cannot find any logical reason for this. All sorts of glocks, Colts like them, not to mention revolvers, can shoot 10k shots and more if you replace a number of parts. With cartridges, too, right in the modern metropolis, even after the zombie virus, hard problems should not be, there is a reloading, and no one canceled the parcels from behind the "wall". In the first part, there were norms.

h
hello 31.01.22

I hope Flint's life-giving cheats will provide the opportunity to fire as much as you like without worrying about running out of ammo

T
TeT9xMoT9 07.02.22

Chirroge

Are there pistols, machine guns, shotguns and other firearms in Dying Light 2?
In Dying Light 2, the main focus is on parkour elements and melee weapons. Thus, there are no pistols, shotguns and other firearms. Although there is one confirmed weapon called the Boomstick. This is a purple rarity mini shotgun that is loaded with two rounds. It deals 100 damage and grants health bonuses, however once you fire two shots, the weapon will disappear forever.

If there are several places where you can get Boomstick. For example, killing Elias of the Renegades during the side quest The Renegades. This quest will be available after completing the "Orders" story mission. You can also unlock the weapon blueprint so that you can craft it at any time. However, this requires 100 units of scrap metal, which is quite expensive and impractical.

This is the only firearm that I managed to find in the game. However, there are other ranged weapons - bows and crossbows. You will receive one bow for free once you reach the Central Loop with Loan. You can also get a free crossbow if you give some objects to the Peacekeepers. In total, you need to transfer four different objects, and then a crossbow will appear in your inventory.

s
samxxx335 07.02.22

What is the purpose of the reload button in the game?

n
nik32wpo 07.02.22

Maybe some DLC will let you shoot? In general, yes, with weapons somehow more fun.

D
Denis G 07.02.22

There are definitely crossbows in the game.

P
Pravdarub 07.02.22

TeT9xMoT9
Although there is one confirmed weapon called the Boomstick. This is a purple rarity mini shotgun that is loaded with two rounds.
Classic.

P
Pravdarub 07.02.22

R
Rator 07.02.22

In the first part, because of the schoolchildren with rifles, who ruined the game, I had to turn off the network game) So, I'm even glad that they removed the firearm from the second part. I myself almost never used it, bows and crossbows were much more balanced and better suited to the setting of the game.

For the same reason, I am even to some extent glad that crafting was abolished. Tired of cheaters with weapons with all the effects and 20k damage and players with cheat modified hooks. I hope that in the second part they will block online those who use cheats. In the first part, normal players suffered because of them, and the Be a Zombie mode safely sunk into oblivion, although it had a good potential.

D
Denis G 07.02.22

Yes, in principle, craft remained at about the same level of utility. We just combined creation and improvement into one process, which is generally logical. In the first part, the second aspect was somehow strange. That is, first you craft some kind of cleaver from a machete, adhesive tape and batteries, and then you also shove some mods into the slots. This system did not give any flexibility in application, since it was still impossible to change these mods, and putting three kings on some kind of hat, in order to throw them away later or perform a stupid side job in the hope that they will give a repair as a reward - that's still fun.
On the other hand, in the second part, they added the leveling of blueprints and recipes for these mods, which, most likely, will also only add confusion.

As for firearms - once again, I don't understand who these people are who come to DL to play shooter. It's just a pip. Awesome claim to the game. It's like saying "Doom is shit because it can't be passed on stealth".

M
Magnum 500 14.02.22

Games of this genre without a firearm are like apartment buildings without a toilet
Well done developed
Soon we will frighten zombies with a look

l
lEGlGnoml 14.02.22

The game has a homemade shotgun. In general, a firearm would ruin the game. Zombies are already weak, don’t hit a lying person, and if there is also a firearm, the meaning of the game is simply nowhere.

Still somewhere, there is a pistol with cartridges in the office, I don’t know if it’s true or not. Purely heard on the answering machine, they say the type is there and there, in a box with a double bottom, lies.

Shoot at zombies, the best analogue of this is DeadRising and there are a lot of guns and weapons.

N
Nail Aidullin 14.02.22

It’s not correct to say that there is no firearm in the game, it is only used as a melee weapon in the game :) But in fact, yes, it’s strange to see explosives in the game (grenades and mines) but not to observe some kind of thread 1-but charging Pukach from local lomamasters .