3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
novi4adze 04.06.20 09:21 pm

Godzilla(2014)

Who watched?share their impressions about the film.
16 Comments
Sort by:
M
Max Fry 04.06.20

I will not watch. Tired of the tendency to chew on the old.

M
Makar Stepanov 04.06.20

I think the rating of 12+ for a film about the destruction of a city - a dubious decision...

K
Kosmicheskiy Zhokey 04.06.20

It's hard to believe, but the film turned out EVEN WORSE than Godzilla from Emeric. At least he was a normal relationship between people. And here roundnose family drama (I have nothing against family dramas, I am against it roundnose - far-fetched, such as in the latest rambabu). The Japanese in their Godzilla was also a family drama (for example in Godzilla 2000), but they do not even compare to this the special Olympics in Godzilla 2014.
It's flowers - the first half of the film.
And the berries begin in the second.
Godzilla flashed a couple of times in some gaven monster. Picked up the only kinds on behalf of the operator of the camera. Still hopping some sort of Chimera of a cockroach and a bat. The final battle fused.
Much better place without monsters like Emeric, what with the monsters, like the Edwards.

For those who do not understand - remember last year's Pacific rim? He was called stupid, but entertaining film. So Godzilla 2014 is not only stupid, but not spectacular film. Although those who first get into the theater and capture the spirit. But it hardly depends on the film.

a
alphavympel7481 04.06.20

The Space Jockey
I can see someone unfamiliar with the original, in which Godzilla was also given only a few minutes of screen time. Edwards himself had said that tried to make the film as close as possible to the original. For comparison, in the movie Alien, the alien itself appears exactly 4 minutes... And the final battle I do with an open mouth looked, do not know that there is really something wrong. Well, in principle I understand your frustration, you're probably like many were waiting for action, Yes, unfortunately it is not so much.

The number of action it is inferior to many blockbusters Yes, but in comparison to the original 1954 Godzilla is Emmerich's just a slap of some kind.

P
Pafosnyy Kaktus 04.06.20

You know, if you wait for Godzilla and the stunning, some of the plot, lots of hidden meanings and super-mega-crazy action, you certainly will be disappointed.
And if you just go watch a movie, knowing what a remake it is, the impression remains good. The film, I think, is well worthy of a place among his kind. A lot of cliches (as without it). But it was fine.

The only thing that seemed to me quite out of the ordinary (here I agree with the Space Jockey) - the storyline about the family that this story is scattered almost in the city, and here they are each looking for a friend.. Well, it's generally not the topic. IMHO. Before visiting this topic, that no words. It would be better chapters.the hero was a loner, and a parallel story concerned, such as scientists the same.
If according to the authors was the need to show a dashing bus driver saves kids, or how people fled to the underground to hide, would have done better is some independent aspects, illustrating the situation in the city.
But then again, perhaps it's a cliché - the film must be girl, child, reunion.

Verdict: not bad

V
Voldemarcik 04.06.20

Gonna go see the session at 21:15 I'll tell you later ...

R
Rela1s 04.06.20

Like...
Did not expect that from hazily get a fire-breathing monster

n
novi4adze 04.06.20

Rela1s
So in the original Japanese films,Godzilla has always breathed plasma.

A
A.Soldier of Light 04.06.20

A new film... not pleased. Special effects - Yes, this is a new in the franchise. This level of special effects had not yet been. View Japanese films, including the Millenium era - the puppet show in comparison with the subject.
In the new Godzilla is suffering terribly plot - the main problem of the film. The first monster on the 35th minute, but not Godzilla. But this mug the main character and flashes - who is the real main character in the Godzilla movie? Man or Godzilla? ;] And no, we don't want to know about some family individual soldier, we in the Godzilla movie a little more interesting.

Rela1s
It seems that you really are not familiar with the franchise of Godzilla. All Japanese monster movies had such abilities. Here in fail 1998 - no. Probably because there is not Godzilla, by the way...

M
Moby-Dick 04.06.20

this film even TV3 don't show...

O
Okruta 04.06.20

Here in fail 1998 - no. Probably because there is not Godzilla, by the way...
Why fail? The lizard-age there in the story called Godzilla in honor of Godzilla, no one has claimed that it is a real legendary Godzilla. Carefully you should look! So in essence, the 1998 film can also be included in the franchise.
Well Sabzhevoy film, I think, a sequel to the original franchise without any reservations.

V
Volt123 04.06.20

A mediocre movie that only occasionally dragging interesting findings and visual.
The script is weak, very well. The best actor in the caste merge in the first minute.
And the logs remain until the end.

Akruti
Well Sabzhevoy film, I think, a sequel to the original franchise without any reservations.
It's not a sequel, and the typical Hollywood recycling.

O
Okruta 04.06.20

It's not a sequel, and the typical Hollywood recycling.
The restart would tell the story from the beginning. And then, as I can see, the events of the original films remain in the history.

A
A.Soldier of Light 04.06.20

Akruti
Yes it is, but in the Japanese films were periodically recorded scenarios indicating the first meeting with the monster in 1954, but was not taken into attention the events of the previous film. Prime example - almost the whole era of the Millennium. Watch one film, then the second and now everything is as if the previous was not. That Godzilla is a hero, saving Tokyo/Japan from the terrible enemy, then he wets one and all (people), and mothra up there with the rest trying to stop him. In General, do the Japanese specifically have to do with this franchise ))
And the subject should be perceived as a remake. I doubt that now anyone will remove the Godzilla to the events in the film occurred in 1954 (i.e., to do a true remake). It would be disrespectful on the original, and this is not my opinion...

S
SazhinAlexandr 04.06.20

The bottom, like all remakes, but it's even worse than the Emmerich film.

S
Spirin Evgeniy 04.06.20

novi4adze
crazy movie