3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SERAPHIM207 04.06.20 09:21 pm

Pacific rim (Pacific Rim)

Today was in the movie. Just loved it. The film is awesome, the transformers rest.
How do you like it? Did I like it? If you do not like, why?
In General, discuss everything related to the movie.
35 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kapitan Kote 04.06.20

Stupidity and Hollywood clichés a lot

T
Toxa95 04.06.20

Yeah, graphiste shit.
Didn't like the story in every moment which I want to say: What the hell is going on here?!
Well. something like that.

V
Volt123 04.06.20

Pacific rim

Few would argue that Director Guillermo del Toro is definitely one of the most talented people in modern cinema. From the first of his works he proved it and then tried to convince the viewer more and more into his talent. And while he is very diverse: and adventure, and horror, and thrillers. And they all, at first glance, can vary — somewhere greater emphasis on the plot, where the action. But each work has something subtle, the outstanding work of the master: the special atmosphere, the uniqueness, easy razumnosti. And in his new project, which caused me initially slightly concerned, del Toro also added its special magic.

And the result was probably the best summer blockbuster this year.

Visually the film is very strong. And I mean not only the quality of computer graphics, but also the styling, the light, the work of the operator. The scale of the movie is huge and the camera with all these scale perfectly. The picture will surprise you not once, not twice, but consistently surprise and delight every 10 minutes, changing scenery, colours, and showing all the most profitable and beautiful angles. I'm almost 100% sure that the Oscar 2014 in the category "Best visual effects" will give this film, because apart from the Hobbit's competitors in this nomination I do not see. And Navarro is quite possible to give a second statuette for the operator to work (the first was for "pan's Labyrinth"). More not to mention 3D, made almost on the same level with "Life of PI" or "avatar".

The soundtrack is almost no way inferior to the picture — the composer Ramin Javadi, who wrote the music for "Game of thrones", did a good job. And the sound is very good — all the rattles and explodes convincingly, and someone will make sure it presses into the backrest or wince at an unexpected moment.

What about the plot, he is weaker than pictures and music and expect simple-minded for this kind of films, i.e. a particular depth and hidden meaning in it is not present. But it spelled out the history well enough: the mythology of the Kaiju, and the relationship between the characters. There was a place for humor, and simple drama.

Guillermo del Toro once again proved that he is a great Visualizer, and indeed a great Director. His "Pacific frontier" — it is an impressive sight that should appeal to all lovers of beautiful, epic and well choreographed movie.

8 out of 10

S
SERAPHIM207 04.06.20

Volt123
I would put 10 out of 10.
About the visual effects have all been said, but more than that - they are forced to believe in them. There is no unreality as in Avatar, Transformers or the Throne, it wants to believe.
With the plot, I would argue, because judging by the trailers it was going to be corny, well, huge monsters and there is a huge monsters. Out robots to fight and won. An-no, here still is involved intelligent aliens from parallel worlds, and the Kaiju themselves are grown artificially and still have a collective mind. The plot for this film is very good.
The characters are pathetic ( this need), are stored, for example, the same two scientists who studied Kaiju. Father and son, the two pilots of the robot the Hammer is good. Well, the main character - a heroic and pathetic, as expected in such films.
The film is a masterpiece, have not seen anything like it.

My verdict: 10/10

r
rock music 04.06.20

where can I see in Moscow cinemas version with subtitles? and then the Russian glados is not impressed.

L
Lavuer 04.06.20

Went to imax for this film. To be honest - not impressed. Too little action for this kind of picture. War Z looked in my opinion much more impressive.

R
Reymen 04.06.20

Yes, visually the film is very impressed!!! But I didn't like music, songs that capture the spirit of almost there. In the Avengers, it is implemented to be much better. And yet, it seemed to me that in the movie too many big plans, it was hard for me to consider fighting monsters, plus the fact that I watched in IMax 3D and was sitting right in the middle, and the screen at us in Kharkov, the largest in Ukraine!

V
Volt123 04.06.20

SERAPHIM207
I did not say that the plot is bad.
The plot of the film is simple because it is, and it's not a minus.

And about the graphics - both here and in the Avatar graphics almost on the same level - beautiful and spectacular.
About credibility - in my opinion the same one in both films the use of graphics clearly visible, but it is not negative. Just styling this.

B
Bobr luch 04.06.20

Very similar to the idea of Japanese Hazily.

N
Nihiliant 04.06.20

Good entertaining film. You can evaluate to 8.

ps Russian robot so quickly killed.

V
Volt123 04.06.20

Nihilianth
And the second too quickly.

G
GTAman 04.06.20

Solin said that the film is shit. I will not watch.

L
Lucky Luciano 04.06.20

There are still people who rely on the opinion of videobloggers from YouTube?

p
printing in the infernal 04.06.20

Ekshon good, the middle sags. And still had to go, which caught the filmmakers of plagiarism of Evangelion.

L
Lucky Luciano 04.06.20

Have something in common. For example, robots are in some ways similar.

p

That well. In the Evangelion design made the most of humanoid robots are plastic and in fact is practically living organisms in the armor. PR rather inspired by the more old and classic Mahou, yaschitayu.
But in an interview, del Toro said, incidentally, that will soon probably eve, Missy advised.

L
Lucky Luciano 04.06.20

Such inspiration can only help you. Blockbusters get at least some diversity.
Evangelion I ate and little additive asked, though to the anime are unique. I hope Del Toro does not fall to shoot the American remake, as it's happened to Oldboy :)

p

Del Toro now being made to shoot a series for HBO on the Monster manga (and anime). It seems to be.

L
Lucky Luciano 04.06.20

No more than a rumor. Only heard about the film adaptation of the Incredible Hulk as series.

t
ttd 04.06.20

Victorian horror film he is going to remove like. Crimson peak.