3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marionetco 04.06.20 09:45 pm

Hangs fan GTX 960 mini

recently noticed overheating of the video thing asus GTX 960 mini 4gb, shorter than valaska warmed to 96 degrees, the frequency fell to ~300 mhz. an autopsy showed that the fan is not spinning dust was very little, as three months ago carried out the purge (knowing that it burned down, he decided to unleash it, and he's earned) as a result, now we have to Unscrew it each time you start the computer. valaska of warranty, but to be without a computer indefinitely does not want (for fx8350 no discrete). maybe there is a way to revive the vent and fix the ailment?
6 Comments
Sort by:
x
xxDiabloNeroxx 04.06.20

Marionetco
There is, but all lead to loss of warranty. Requires a graphics card instead of this while it is in repair because required to provide, at least plug some 1.5 K rubles.

I
IDarkaxeI 04.06.20

Marionetco
There is one idea based on the recent purchase of the ASUS 1080 FE. Was heated to 90. In the beginning changed the paste on the GPU. Helped briefly. Then started to experiment c program MSI Afterburner and increased the speed of the cooler and installed the GPU Meter gadget on Windows from a set of 8GadgetPack. In General, it is such a system: burner spins the fan and the GPU meter shows the temperature, the cooler turns and zooms in case of exceeding a predetermined temperature. This I mean that you can try to put the burner through increased speed or enable software diagram cooling can cooler with higher rpm will run

M
Marionetco 04.06.20

IDarkaxeI
no such option was not working. I tried to set max speed, but until pnesh not fly, (in short, as our Muscovite from childhood, which only bump start due to a broken Bendix) as would be clear that it is better to carry in service, but hope dies last.

M
Marionetco 04.06.20

xxDiabloNeroxx
hmm. the SPS will consider this option.

M
Marionetco 04.06.20

xxDiabloNeroxx
IDarkaxeI
solved the problem! can someone come in handy to accomplish your goal you never know. in short: check the warranty, I never found, I had to improvise, pulled midasco, carefully unscrewed the fan, there are three bolts, I think the warranty is not affected (although not important) pulled the vent and into the gap between the stator and the rotor (vent not collapsible) dripped oil with a syringe needle, as there was to be seen winding afraid to pour a lot, put, assembled and voila it works (but not for long, was enough for the day) apparently when valaska seated all the grease glass somewhere or just vanished. In short then filled to about 2 ml or cubes (I do not know where the syringe division 2) so far everything works without problems, no rattle no noise. there you have it.))) and by the way the video card is under warranty do not repair, clean replacement, but what would need to change it to wait for the examination and other kotovasiya that can last a very long time.

I
IDarkaxeI 04.06.20

Marionetco
I respect butter, especially synthetic. I bought Mobil 1 winter: and the door hinges it dripped, and popping in a new CPU cooler (and not to leaking of the tape to stick transparent, cut out a circle). And silence..))