3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Cheburashka 05.06.20 02:36 pm

Impressions of the Beta version of the game (Torment: Tides of Numenera)

Well my dear aficionados of the legendary heroes of Stalingrad :)) , let's discuss Bethke which appeared in early access on Steam , how is she ? what is it ? what's your impression ?
14 Comments
Sort by:
g
gloccc 05.06.20

Cheburashka
It is available only to bakaram and for all should be available on the 26th

g
gloccc 05.06.20

While impressions are extremely positive . In fact it is the good old planscape torment , current with improved graphene and turn-based combat

A
ArmyMan 05.06.20

gloccc
How to deal with the subject things? PoE just got pissed with the holes in the plot.

g
gloccc 05.06.20

ArmyMan
Well in the beta not live so many there . But what's there is great , the dialogues , the script , everything is in order

S
Shepard 05.06.20

ArmyMan
The story while true to tradition. Gg is suffering from amnesia and throughout the game will learn all about the world around him, simultaneously remembering who or what he is. From the beta until it is clear that it was haunted by some arthropod something. Then he wakes up falling from some height and simultaneously assessing the situation. In the end is broken, but still alive. Here ends the prologue and starts the game.

A
ArmyMan 05.06.20

gloccc
Shеpard
Thank you for the info. I'll think about buying.

E
El Tarno 05.06.20

ArmyMan
I don't dumat) And immediately take)

f
febll 05.06.20

Normal, not happy with the leash deadlines early access, bought in early 2016, and the release will be in early 2017 (and the year of testing).

2clean 05.06.20

Played on the weekend. The game is extremely happy. The plot, the plot of the first consonant of torment. The dialogues are interesting. I liked that sometimes when the dialogue asks the question the second time you can get up to information. Implementation of quests is cool. I do not regret buying.

B
BeaverSid 05.06.20

What about localization?

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 05.06.20

Directly simulator reading books=)
14,2 h - 10-12 reading.

S
SeregaTyl 05.06.20

The impression of a veteran of the first Wasteland (1988), then neither of the first Fallout (1997) or the first Baldur's gates (1998) was not even in my wildest dreams. In the same way as the old Planescape: Torment (1999)

New Torment Tides of Numenera (the early access version Ala 2017) is fascinating and intriguing. A wonderful and interesting setting of the game. Impressive work of graphic designers. Great script and dialogue exploring. A real immersion in the gameplay. The diversity of options in the quests and the rising consequences of the choice made.

At the moment, I am extremely confused by three points.

First. Crude interface.

Second. Weak localization. The translators had no idea what it all about. Of course, this is understandable, a huge amount of work, and there is still need to understand the specific meaning of the phrase. But, to be fair, Russian localization, yet leaves much to be desired and can ruin the game experience.

Third. And perhaps the most important. The combat system is disgusting, like graphics and tactical. This is the real horror. Minus count, Lord. Inexpressive, confusing, poorly designed, inconvenient in terms of angle, not worked even in terms of elementary logic, graphical display and user-friendly. I am very much surprised. It's like being back in the last century to the games that made only the first steps in visual perception and logical step-by-step strategy.

Of course, you can say that works here the good old system of turn-based Board games. But, Lord, how shitty it turned out this embodiment.

If you don't get combat, you will need to create a purely sharp-tongued, bespectacled know-it-all, what would completely forget about the fighting aspect and focus on the monotonous and many hours reading tons of texts. Of course it's not bad, in principle. But disgusting for the contemporary realities in the gaming industry.

S
Sheogorrat 05.06.20

Well, what about what I have to say I agree. Not worked. Of course, you can get used to, but thought why would you do that chased me all the beta. Although, in General, the game liked it so much that I'm willing to forgive her and a little more small flaws. The main thing that was not as Magerholm.

M
Marat Grifon 05.06.20

Bethke has passed completely, doing all main and side quests, as well finding all the memories about yourself. Bethke consists of an introductory part with character creation and one city, consisting of six locations + another separate location in the form of consciousness of the protagonist. In each location your side quests. While the main quest revolves around the capsule that needs to be fixed, to be saved from arthropod something (Sorrow). It all comes down to what you need to find a guy who will be able to help you with this. And ends the quest (like the beta) that when you know where is this dude getting out of the starting town in his search for a new location. The number of available characters-companions Bethke 6 pieces. Direct of these unique companions as the skull from the first part Bethke no. Well, except that the allocated 10 year old girl Rin (although I can't remember exactly how many she years) that just as we never remember. I passed Bethke 2-3 days and the thrill of the game is positive. Felt good old Torment, though lore and story (although it too revolves around the main character, lost her memory, who needs to remember who he is and what he's done) are a bit wrong, as in the first part. Summary: veterans of the series who grew up on part 1, police 1-2, Baldur, ID Arcanum'e, Kotor and other oldfazhnoy the recommend close to passage. Nyufagam there is nothing to catch, especially ansonica in the style of the Witcher or mass effect.

The only thing I didn't like the fact that Rin is in fact useless in battle full ballast. Threads of memories is pretty interesting. The only thing that is not clear yet is what the GG has the ability or how to properly call it don't know. In the sense that one of the outcasts said that every body was created by God with a special and unique ability or direction, that's how he gave himself as an example, saying he can control and merge with the shadows.

I found here a stone which blocks either all sounds or just laugh, and then I remembered that the first location near the dome, there were two spinning things that are constantly laughed at and nothing more and decided that the stone would help them to do something. But the demo is still not finished or the stone can be used somewhere else.

I found a crystal cube which questions to ask and it shows some images but they are fuzzy and probably need another wonder to be seen clearly displayed in a crystal cube.

And starfish found on the eye which you can wear to color to distinguish between more subtly. And I too late found this feature, so maybe in the release version, such prikolyuh will be more.