3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SexyDronny 17.10.19 02:09 pm

Heated percents i5-2500 to 91 degrees.

Guys, yesterday I collected a new computer:
mother Gigabyte z77-ds3h
percents - Intel i5-2500 3.7 Ghz
cooler Zalman model I do not know, but took for 300 rubles (aluminum)
vidyuhi Asus hd7950
now, the problem is that the CPU gets very hot 91 degrees reached. But when I touch the radiator cooler, then 90 degrees not feel. Do you think the problem is still in the cooler or the sensor on the motherboard that show? There was a version that the percent defective. Incidentally I watched this percent threshold temperature 72 degrees, but for some reason is played normally when it is heated to 85 degrees (nothing glyuchit, does not hang)
16 Comments
Sort by:
d
dobro4insky 17.10.19

SexyDronny
cooler Zalman model I do not know, but took for 300 rubles (aluminum)
The price speaks for itself...put the cooler Scythe Mugen 3 Rev B ,about 1500-1800 rubles, and the problem will be solved,don't forget the thermal paste

S
SexyDronny 17.10.19

and how much should be the normal temperature of this at 100 percent load?

S
SexyDronny 17.10.19

now put in a new cooler for 1200 rubles, of copper with two valves, a cooler firmly, the paste is applied in a thin layer.
and the temperature at 5 degrees declined, was 85, but it's still a lot I don't know what to do
what could be the problem?

d
dobro4insky 17.10.19

SexyDronny
You temperature looking?

S
SWIFT_LIGHTING 17.10.19

This can not be below 5 degrees. At least 10-12.

L
Lary Cross aka nick hande 17.10.19

SexyDronny
now put in a new cooler for 1200 rubles, of copper with two valves, a cooler firmly, the paste is applied in a thin layer.
and the temperature at 5 degrees declined, was 85, but it's still a lot I don't know what to do
If the cooler is tight and installed properly, these temperatures under 100% load even on box cooler should not be. You might have the cooler moved and some part of the processor has contact with the heat exchanger and is heated. I had a similar temperature when I inadvertently and naskoryak how they got hitched boxed cooler on my i5-2500. As a result, he was not held tightly to the processor and leaves - also the temperature rose to 90 degrees. And for games is particularly noticeable, and I don't monitor temperature. Although the percent left in throttling and lower frequency to cool off a bit. But 4 cores in old games I've played, still not too lowers the performance, so even noticeable, especially not. So GTA 4 for example even passed and nothing unusual noticed. Then one day I looked temperature and was horrified. Tightened the cooler well, once the temperature is above 65 under load no longer raised.

Now there is a cooler Zalman CNPS 12x, bought it for almost 4K under load is not more 56 gr. The idea is to be less, but I have absolutely no desire to meddle and smeared the thermal paste and again to do better to install the cooler so the temperature dropped at least 5 degrees. And so in the normal range, but crap with the installation of this cooler very much.

and how much should be the normal temperature of this at 100 percent load?
No more than 70 grams. If dispersed, it is preferably not more than 75.

F
FollowMisterWinner 17.10.19

plate well you and temperature,even when I was streaming(it has intentionally exposed the codec placebo to the percent loaded to the max 50%-no longer loaded XA),was heated to a maximum of 59 degrees at Hades,and this is considering that the boxed cooler ^_^

e
exlipse88 17.10.19

SexyDronny

What cooler did you buy ? Because for 1200 you can buy modingoane g*contrib.

What's your case?

K
Kirillz9123 17.10.19

Gathered 1 week ago Gaming PC, the i5 2500 is also Percent. Vidyuhi 1050 (2GB) and 8 GB operatives. GTA 5 Percents heated up to 80 degrees; in CoD: MW (the Remaster) to 89 degrees.
As far as I know, all because of the fact that the processor is 2nd generation. And so, he will bask. The only Other to take. The same I7 or something.

L
Luka_gg 17.10.19

Kirillz9123
Kirillz9123 wrote:
As far as I know, all because of the fact that the processor is 2nd generation. And so, he will bask.
What? I what You wrote here, in proper technical language. NO! Better not.
i5-2500 has solder under the lid and not thermoplastic interface, which is used since 2012, which means good heat removal from the crystal to the heat-distribution lid, and then have the CPU. In Your case, broken chain cover - cooler, is an extremely heat-dissipating effectively CPU cooler OR impaired heat transfer from the heat-spreading lid of the processor to the cooler by incorrect mounting, for example. You tell us here, what kind of thermal grease smeared, I suppose some CBT 8, with less than 1 W/(m*K) thermal conductivity.
Yes, this processor is old, it's built on outdated process technology - 32 nm, while has a TDP of 95 watts, but the solder provides a good heat sink, which ensures even cooling in 1000 good temperature.
We conclude that You have either hand is not misrepresented or cooler is very weak (which by the way, all the reference to hand). I have 2500, and the temperature there is very beautiful. Far from 90 degrees.

M
MorirMerda 17.10.19

Ah, put together a new computer on i5 8500, cooler what polubesova set, and some Igors (BF4, B3) the temperature to 73 reach, and 60-65 on average. And it is on MSI AB in the BIOS to 5-10 degrees above demonstrates. And how many on the old 2500 Zalman was already don't remember((

r
robespier26 17.10.19

For this processor different programs will show different temperatures. You need to watch the temperature of the cores, not the whole percent. I sometimes showed 120 degrees, the temperature of the cores was 70.

S
SonyK_2 17.10.19

robespier26 wrote:
...sometimes showed 120 degrees, the temperature of the cores was 70...
Don't know what you temperature checked, the is monitoring program monitors the sensors in the system (frequency, temperature, rpm, load, etc.), shows the current, minimum and maximum values.
Spoiler
If you are not satisfied with this - you can look in another program (e.g. Aida, etc.)
Spoiler

j
jtt211 17.10.19

Kirillz9123
I have a i5-2300 in load above 60 does not reach

W
Warlock32 17.10.19

All good! But what if the percents i5 2500 he is constantly overclocking? Minimum temperature 40 degrees, before she was below. The temperature in the room 25 are 2 fans 1 120mm blowing in and 1 blowing. A cooler CPU is constantly spinning itself to the maximum. deepcool gammax 300. The paste was smeared 2 times, also stood another cooler with the same parameters c an open and shut case. Ie it is not in thermopaste and not in the cooler. On virusnew have tested malwarebytes, all the rules. Maybe even have options?

A stability test in Aida 30 minutes max is normal.

B
Beirut 17.10.19

Warlock32
Look EIST in CPU Power Manager Configuration in the BIOS or set the default look thrown off if frequency, and then again in BIOS off the turbo and put a hand multiplier as necessary.
2500к with the rules of ohladom I remember somewhere in a simple 35-37 gr.