3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xDDGx 08.06.20 10:53 pm

X-Half-Life (Half-Life)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/xdm
http://x.netheaven.ru/
http://www.half-life.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=32

You can view screenshots by tag: http://pix.playground.ru/tag/X-Half-Life/

Like this, it turns out that there is modec (if not ads on moddb, wouldn't know). Yes, and with a rich and long history, the first release took place in 2001, the author argues that engaged in the development for almost 15 years. The author is from Russia, so don't be surprised the link Half-Life.ru.
The mod focuses on multiplayer, but it is possible to run a single (standard map half), moreover, there is even a coop.
Can be summarized mod like this: X-Half-Life — it's like Unreal, only Half-Life.
To be more precise, the XHL is a mixture of both. So, the weapons there are the standard Hlsee, and resembling brilevskoe, and there's even a cannon taken from the OFFICE. UT taken extra game modes, it also reminds just the same abundance of all kinds of settings! It seems, then, configured everything, you can even choose what to play audio and MP3 — like I have never seen in any fashion. In General, the mod is very feature-rich, one can see that coding is very serious. The author has posted the source code for fashion in the open access (on moddb they are not, but lie on ofsayte fashion), and on this basis has even been created by some other mod.
X-Half-Life is highly technological, it has a huge number of beautiful special effects, the very mechanics of the game is markedly different (I suspect that it is highly customizable, but the game is such an abundance of options that I don't dare to change something; interesting that in the game folder are healthy manuals in Russian and English languages for 60+ KB each!). In addition, there is the possibility of patch entities on maps without modifying the bsp (just enough to keep .ent-file with the difference in the maps folder, like in Smod'e). Using this technology, the CL single was corrected for better compatibility with mods. Also, the author claims that the fashion limitations of the engine, and even there software fix many kapersky error. I wonder what? Also stated the compatibility with spirit and op4ctf.
In order to try the multiplayer, do not have to look your opponent in the network, since the mod is originally comes with support for bots (ported HPBot). Intelligence they are not encouraging, but to get an idea about the gameplay can be.
Cards lot (40 pieces), there are fairly simple arena, there is a more complex, clever. Pleased with the presence of the port of Quake Live — map Inner Sanctums. The remake is not bad, but I think it could have been done better //in particular, I was not happy with the ugly lava, a blank black banner and mega-kit that restores health only to 100.
Of course, there are remakes/ports of UT. Many maps were created by other authors (eg. famous mapper Skaarj), but most of fashion — the work of just one person.

Of course, not without drawbacks. Sometimes the mod just won't start, I get an error. The author himself wrote that this could be, and that in this case you need to fix liblist.gam way XMB.dll --> XDM.dll. In this case become inaccessible bots. But I helps just restart.
In addition, I couldn't do normal training, after jumping with squats, the door simply doesn't open. It is hoped that in no single of such unfortunate mistakes.
There are claims to the game mechanics. Jumping is just terrible! The screen is jumping along with us, which is quite unpleasant. I hope somewhere there is a checkbox to disable this effect... Also, grenades are very powerful, you need to treat them gently.
Fashion widely used rage comics (eg. fffuuu-face with the death of the player), that can be disliked by players (at least, to see them in the game is simply weird), but in my opinion, this is the killer feature :D
Personally I don't like player models with anime girls, elves, etc. usually, they are ports from other games, even with the console (it is noteworthy that in fashion there are poliksena high poly model of Gordon from the console version of Half-Life — it 2300 polygons, but the head is the same cubic).
Not pleasing to the detailed textures on the standard Lsnih cards — they are too monotonous, looks ugly (at least on the training maps). Ironically, some of the detailed textures I found black and white kstovskii texture. Exactly the same I used when creating the map xenbox. The set is almost identical, only no couples, and all of them have been renamed, e.g. xen_tech1.tga was xen_tech01.tga. But the modified date is the same, 21 Nov 2011, so it's really my texture. Heh, for the first time confronted with the fact that someone uses my content =) sorry, the quotation marks here for a reason, actually, the textures are dead useless weight, because klenowski maps all the same monotonous granular noise (I suspect that it is used by default if the detailed texture is not defined in a separate file). I suspect that there are still a number of useless data, for example, in maps is the compilation log from which you can learn that the author is using Vluzacn ZHLT modified from the forum of Sven-Coop.

I will add that the author has taken care to include in the mod fgd, documentation for mappers and even a few test maps with the source.
1 Comments
Sort by:
x
xDDGx 08.06.20

Suddenly, went to Moddb, saw that this miracle has been updated:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/xdm/news/x-half-lifexdm-3038-release-after-two-years
Well you never know someone here will be interested in this news...