3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Absoluuution 17.10.19 06:48 pm

Will there be a Quake 5? (Quake 4)

There was a rumor that Quake 5 will be announced in August 2012, so where is he?
14 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 17.10.19

Nowhere, there is still no exact date. There are, however, the words of Carmack, who gave to understand two things:
1. Quake 5 will be.
2. Quake 5 will not be on the Strogg as in the second and fourth part, and more similar to the first Quake. Gothic atmosphere. Ancient castles, dungeons and so on. Sounds cool. Strogg already tired )

d
detachment of ghosts 17.10.19

A. Soldier of Light
che war with shirogami over?

A

detachment of ghosts
No, not over. If you played Quake 4 (campaign, single player), there is at the very end a hint of a sequel. The macron is only one of the leaders of the Strogg, and no one knows how many, how many Strogg planets. In principle, this universe may well expand. If the people of the region of influence is limited to the Earth, Moon and Mars (and Stroggos - planet, headed towards landing people), the area of influence of the Strogg is unknown, so it is possible to come up with a lot more.

O
Old Hrych 17.10.19

It will be created sometime this year (2017) or the next. There are rumors that it will not be a continuation of the 4-CI and the remake of the first part (or continuation - ????).

A

Don Basilio de Corvega
Yes, that's right, rumors of such ) Redefining the first part, that is classic. Exactly as we saw in the case in the new DOOM (Doom 4) this year...
Will it be this year? No, of course ) Such things in secret are long, at E3 last year would have shown some footage from the beta version or something... Will it be next year? 50-for-50, will not give up ) In 2019? More likely, I would give 70% and 90% for 2020 )

O
Old Hrych 17.10.19

Doom'Ayu, the new Quake just QUAKE call :D. As in the case of a new Doom'a. No numbers will be more beautiful name.

v
varw 17.10.19

Don Basilio de Corvega
Will be out soon quake chimpions (as quake 3 arena)

O
Old Hrych 17.10.19

varw
Et' clear. I'm talking about Quake (5) and not Champions.

O
Old Hrych 17.10.19

By the way, once to discuss when will Ку5, especially not make sense, let's worry about what it will be what it will, and what he will - about the Strogg or the rethinking of the very first Quake.

My version of the story on the continuation Ку4 (if it is a continuation of the Saga Strogg):

Kane is sent on the new job. In the beginning, we have to play for him on the first level, the plot where the outcome is inevitable - Kane was taken prisoner. There he gastrospirillum, modify, and do one of the leaders of the Strogg, the Makron is, whom Cain killed. He will be then the final boss. ))))))))))
And then at the behest of the writers, developers... Like the new character on the front, etc.
I bet it will really.

I wish there was a SnapMap, as in Doom. ))))

O
Old Hrych 17.10.19

varw
A. Soldier of Light
detachment of ghosts
Absoluuution
RV read the comments above.

A

Don Basilio de Cormega wrote:
what he will - about the Strogg or the rethinking of the very first Quake.
According to rumors, it will restart the first part. New graphics, models, story intelligible and interesting. It's clear that in those days it was difficult to show the plot in all its glory right now. The cutscene for the first Ku were primitive, usually with plain text messages in the center of the screen. Exactly like in Doom 2 (for him and now fans the cards do).
If they really recreate the first Ku with an interesting plot, is the Thing 8)
Strogg - not enough Quake 2 and 4. And if it is about online-quake, it is Quake Champions (2017) + Quake Wars (2007) + Quake 3 (1999). Gothic the Kwak only the first. So let in the Gothic style and will, I am for! )

A
ArmandoX 17.10.19

Oh... we Continue to keep hope alive in the fifth. I already don't even care about what it will be, if only there was high-quality and cool.

M
Marsj 17.10.19

Quake 3 Arena forever.

P
P_editor 19.07.22

After 17 years from the 4th part, do you think there is still a chance that there will still be a 5th quake?