3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Starkin 09.06.20 03:17 pm

What is the cache of shadows? (Resident Evil 7)

Thu is the cache of the shadows in the settings to enable it or not with 2GB of video memory and how fps is affected
9 Comments
Sort by:
g
gmh4589 09.06.20

Starkin
Cache eye shadow - preloading the shadows in the memory. The idea is that when enabled needs to grow up a little FPS, but hardly affect.

A
AlienTonic 09.06.20

When enabled, gives +15фпс

G
Grandshot 09.06.20

When you enable the calculation of static shadows for the entire level and caching to free memory. Because of this increased fps since the video card no longer have to calculate shadows when you approach them. Should be powered on only if the video card memory 6GB and above. Otherwise there will be friezes.

M
Mindhiller 09.06.20

Grandshot was the most appropriate response, respect to you

S
Starkin 09.06.20

gmh4589
when you turn off( needs a little to grow up FFS)

S
Starkin 09.06.20

Grandshot
So when on or off increases FPS

g
gmh4589 09.06.20

Starkin
just the opposite
cache - preloading files, so the shadows will be loaded in advance and not generated during the game

G
Grandshot 09.06.20

Starkin
I seem to be clearly written, that when the fps is increased, because the video card no longer have to calculate shadows. But on graphics cards with little VRAM will be upload\download data from VRAM into RAM\paging file, and it will provoke the freezes. That is, perhaps, the average fps in the game is above, but the freezes become more frequent, and the benefit of this option disappears. And even textures can be fuzzy because will not have time to load.

S
Starkin 09.06.20

Grandshot
I have 52 FPS when on when off the 60-2GD video card and 8 RAM