3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Micr0 09.06.20 03:25 pm

780 TI is heated to 90+ deg

Hi all.
Video card heats up very strong, up to 90 degrees, and then I can manually finish the test Furmark, because I'm scared then I'm afraid it will burn.
Screen (where the jump in temperature down I just Alt+'ve tabola)
Spoiler
Is it possible to do something, not warmed so much card ? (I cleaned the video card and the computer + changed the thermal paste on the graphics card).
Thanks in advance for your answers.

I really hope your advice will probably carry a computer in service for I don't know what to do.
Well, if someone will read a detailed description of my problem (under the spoiler below), I'd be happy, just a lot of letters, not everyone has the time.
Spoiler
It all started a month ago, my PC just rebooted when I played Division. At the same time, went the smell of burning, ie. something burned down, and I was really scared. After I turned on the comp like all normally works.

The first thing I thought that the problem in the dust for 1.5 years and not cleaned it. Called a friend, together we disassembled the computer, cleaned from a dust, changed the thermal paste on the processor and graphics card. Launched fwmark, like for a moment nothing happened, then I'm happy started to play.

But after the first hour of the game, the computer again rebooted. I.e. without any blue screens, just goes to reboot and all. The smell of something burnt again present. At the same time, if you turn on the computer at once, it again goes to reboot, and it happens many times, it turns on, boot Windows again and reboot. If you leave the computer to cool for 3-5 minutes after switching on everything is fine.

I had a suspicion that it's either a PERC, or BP, or none.
With percent had trouble in the past, if a strong voltage it rebooted, but then appeared BSOD, the error code I figured out that it is percent, and reduced excessive voltage (why it was too high for me, this mystery remained a mystery). In the end, now the temperature of CPU does not exceed 52 degrees, the voltage is also normal, and I'm sure it's not percent.
With the Unit also had a similar story, with a strong single load, the computer left in reboot, but I replaced the ATX 1010W FSP Everest 80+ and it is 1.5 years.
I decided to look at the card, and then I realized that's probably her. In games the temperature is stable 83-85 degrees, and after about 30-90 minutes of the game with this load, the PC starts to go into reboot (and tentatively a moment before you receive this smell of something burning in the computer).

A temporary solution was found to limit the performance. Playing old games or using medium settings, the computer works stably. I tried to do that the temperature vidyuhi not exceed 75 degrees, and in this mode the computer is stable lives.
However, if loading the computer, then under load it goes to reboot.
And now I artificially with the help of a program wanted to again cause reboot to test my theory, but the temperature reached 90 degrees, it really scared me.
17 Comments
Sort by:
T
The Dmitry Disaire 09.06.20

Coolers OK?

777racer777 09.06.20

None in service take, can count.chip fell off, because there is a long possible to guess

M
Micr0 09.06.20

Disaire
well, I think so.
However, this too is an interesting point.
With MSI Afterbunner I did so that the coolers were spinning at 100% when the temperature reaches 70 degrees (default is value is 90 degrees now). This seemingly worked, the temperature vidyuhi not really exceed 70 degrees under maximum load, but a reboot is not saved, the computer is still passed out after 40 minutes of play in this mode.

777racer777
Yes, I have. But I'm not 100% sure that this is vidyuhi, suddenly again BP, so I will look for service and to carry back the whole computer.

Fucking problem, and it is difficult to diagnose, it is necessary to drive the computer for hours to understand... that nepovezlo

777racer777 09.06.20

Micr0
If the problem lay in the PSU, it seems to me this would not cause overheating of the graphics card

D
DozoRRR 09.06.20

Micr0
In the block there is one line of PCI-E? Try it none to swap.

T

Micr0
HEU rebut?Maybe the problem with the overheating CPU?

a
airstorm 09.06.20

Micr0
1. Don't be afraid to open the PSU and check (visually) capacitors To 12 volts .
2. If you have the opportunity to test with another PSU to check it out. Not often, but it happened that BP had appeared high-frequency component outputs, which led to overheating of the chipset, processor and / or graphics cards. You can measure the voltage with a multimeter (tables can be found in the Internet) ... unless, of course, make friends with the measuring device.
3. If the perimeter of the video there are 4 rubber or silicone bounding pillow (some top-end card they provide for a more uniform interface to the heatsink-processor) carefully check them. When heated, one or two can collapse and the heatsink sits on the GPU offset.
If this is not given rezutat - drag the map to warm up. Giraffe not ATI, they are instances of poor contact of the ball with tin contact surface.
By the way ... the capacitors are on the map what? If not a polymer, it is possible desoldering a couple and check - may have dried up and the capacity is below par. But it is again in the service, if you have no skill and apparatus.
As noted above, about the restart and percent.... what is the temperature on the CPU?

T

Micr0
by the way the graphics card in overclocking?if Yes decrease the frequency and see if it's overheating.

g
game_expert 09.06.20

Perhaps the thermal paste badly applied. Or the memory or the power supply from overheating in the protection of leaves. Airing in the housing normal?
Or reboot due to the fact that the PSU does not pull.
What proizvoditel then?

m
meagarry 09.06.20

Put an extra fan under none. It is possible to test generally without problems normal room direct on the map. The temperature will definitely reduce. And if the problem goes away - then think about the cooling. Possible bad thermal grease struck or pulled the radiator.
Well, sniff, it stinks from you.

M
MagicHero 09.06.20

Micr0
I had, and now actually there is, only in the comp is not worth it GTX 780. So at first I bought warmed to a maximum of 70 degrees. And after 3 years began to warm up already to 80 degrees. Maybe there is something with the chip occurs after long use, time begins to warm up. However for all the time I haven't changed the thermal paste and maybe the reason for this.
What about thermal paste on overah one like that I bought a used vidyuhi and it had too much warming up but it turned out that because of the thermal paste. A previous user has caused the thermal grease type liquid metal that supposedly is better spent on heat and it turned out to be bad. The paste is hardened in a thin layer on the chip, it to deglaze it and could not, that eventually worsened heat conductivity between the chip and heatsink.

M
Micr0 09.06.20

Thank you, called the master, the issue is resolved.

The problem was in the PSU, exactly as expected.
I noticed that the cooler on the PSU sometimes cut down, and not spinning. Shorter was Brahler sensor, because of this overheating of the PSU, it was very hot, the hand was hard to hold him.
I guess because of the very hot PSU was heated and everything else in the body, actually the temperature of the video card now does not rise above 85, and 80 degrees are rare. On average 5 degrees have fallen.

So thank you all.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 09.06.20

That was powerful PSU (although very good). I read that it is not desirable to have very large margin of power, although the wording is now not remember. The point is that the unit holistic, working on not its intended load and of the system begins to lose stability. True or not - certainly can't say, but in a certain sense it is. In any case, this unit is not justified for srednemirovoj system.

D
Doktor_Psix 09.06.20

Photography would be desirable posted.Without a photo can say what throw your PSU in the trash!The exact answer can be given after photo!

M
MagicHero 09.06.20

Doktor_Psix
Doktor_Psix wrote:
Photography would be desirable posted.Without a photo can say what throw your PSU in the trash!The exact answer can be given after photo!
What kind of nonsense like photography you can tell what the problem is, you're like a psychic :)

80th 09.06.20

MagicHero

Psychics lead the investigation on TNT - It seems in this dump involved :-)

D
Doktor_Psix 09.06.20

Too lazy to write,but I will answer!In my experience Dolby..BOV that vacuuming the computers and forget that the video cards have the same heatsink which is clogged!So if this is a reference there anyway when you replace the thermal interface need to disassemble the cooling system and remove all the dirt!!!But if the graphics card is not reference it not clogged with dust and it's safe to say that then the problem is the cheap power supply!Since the 780TI requires a normal BP!
Almost drooling,before the stink even in the essence of the sign....