3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pochtipushkin 11.06.20 08:58 pm

Replacement CPU. Need advice.

All kind time of day!

My question is - is it worth it to change i7-960 i7-6700k?

Adequate comparisons have not found.
It is clear that new generation, a new process technology, support ДДР4, the multiplier etc only Confuses the fact that now in games I have an i7-960 is rarely even 50% loaded (with GTX970 on Board). It turns out that he even half of its potential uses. . .

Thank you in advance for your advice!

PS it Might be better to put the money on a GTX970 to replace GTX1070?
49 Comments
Sort by:
z
zloy pomorskiy armyanin 11.06.20

If the judge is rational and sober, it is not necessary. Well, if you want something new and the computer is used not only in games but also in processorsamsung applications (e.g. 3d max), and in the inside is already decided)) and, most importantly, money is no problem, why not.

A
AnPei 11.06.20

pochtipushkin
What resolution do you want to play something percent. was loaded with 50%. Normal the monitor is needed in the first place.

p
pochtipushkin 11.06.20

An__ei

A resolution of 1920×1080. 60 Hz.

B
BMW_BMW 11.06.20

Yes, 50% is cool)))) I Have a i5 4590 and it is loaded on 70-80% is obtained 960 is more powerful than my CPU?Or you played solitaire?scarf?

p
pochtipushkin 11.06.20

IKA.GR

Or you played solitaire?scarf?
Well, not only =)))

On the topic, are interested in more tips, and not opinions regarding really-not really. I wish I had nothing else to do - the puzzle of change, if he puffed at 100%. In this case, I would and the topic is not created.

B
BMW_BMW 11.06.20

You just need to look at the gaming tests with the best processor with the same graphics card as you! And compare fps! To install those same games

p
pochtipushkin 11.06.20

IKA.GR
By the way, thanks for the advice! =)

a
airstorm 11.06.20

pochtipushkin
Under i7-6700k and need an appropriate motherboard and RAM need to take... Should be changed, if financial helps ;) however, in this case 970 need to change to a GTX 1080, though.
If you have the ability and desire to squeeze the game to the latest FPS and you an't get pleasure from the game on maximum settings, as a true gamer, then... can only upgrade your PC :)
PS got it right
An__ei wrote:
Normal the monitor is needed in the first place.
To top PC you need a modest display that way on 144 Hz you will not regret! Eyes certainly say thank you ;)

p
pochtipushkin 11.06.20

airstorm
To top PC you need a modest display that way on 144 Hz you will not regret!
Me and 60 Hz to suit you.
And what about the eyes? Surely a higher refresh rate reduces eye strain?

it remains only to upgrade your PC :)
Well, it certainly is, but the years are not the same. To spend that kind of money, having a family, even shameful. . .

B
BMW_BMW 11.06.20

And looking video rusignuolo of processor as you up to 4@ the difference in Fps is and it is noticeable! And still there! I would say that if you say that those games which you play percent is loaded up to 50%, then no reason to change, no!

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.06.20

pochtipushkin
Of course is that vyser?
pochtipushkin wrote:
Confused only by the fact that now in games I have an i7-960 is rarely even 50% loaded
CPU usage across the cores never shows the potential of the processor, so I don't think so.

p
pochtipushkin 11.06.20

IKA.GR
Very strange. Maybe then it's something else? Why Lark CPU is loaded at 60%, video card at 100% and fps sometimes up to 45 reduced. It is logical to assume that even if the percent is 100% loaded, the fps will not grow, so the card will say whoa.

a
airstorm 11.06.20

pochtipushkin
Somehow I had a bad monitor.. to fix didn't have time (tournament Unreal Tournament started), and I borrowed a monitor from a friend. 8 hours - sleep a bit - still the same and the following day of the final almost 10 hours for a game. Usually after this in the eyes of the hurt they are red and watery... but then no side effects. Turned the monitor on 120 Hz. My old fix, I did not - I bought a new 120 Hz. For example Skyrim, far cry 4 , Rome 2, many it easily goes to the maximum frequency (Skyrim glitches, but it is a problem of the game!) . The Witcher 3, Crisis 3, the Latest Sniper elite or Battle , sometimes up to 100 FPS, But on average, depending on the game, consistently holds the bar at an average of 80-85 FPS.

a
aleks1979 11.06.20

pochtipushkin
Well, first for Lara 970 sometimes not enough. Well, then we should not forget about performance per core. Roughly speaking, the impact has 60% of your percent is not equal to 60% loading of the same i7 6700к.
airstorm
Most likely it's not gertsovki, and due to the lack of flicker at new monitors (Flicker Free).

A
AnPei 11.06.20

That trust monitor fullhd 60 Hz. not satisfied . Write here-I Have a i5 4590 and it is loaded on 70-80% is obtained 960 is more powerful than my CPU? and write correctly .I have i-4590 over in GTA 5 to 95% with a frequency of 3.6 MHz. on resolution 2560-1440 144 Hz. on the gtx 970 . FPS for example in WoTна resolution 2560-1440 144 Hz. in the area of 90 units Set 1070 fps reaches 120 units and you can see that CPU power is not enough to 1070 that does not even displays the parameters of the task Manager on top of all Windows.

p
pochtipushkin 11.06.20

An__ei
Did not understand what was happening and what conclusion to make.

a
airstorm 11.06.20

pochtipushkin wrote:
Well, it certainly is, but the years are not the same. To spend that kind of money, having a family, even shameful. . .
Eeemmm.... the years gamer, is no obstacle :D I'm almost 40, have a family and ... always top iron - renew periodically. To spend money on their interests/Hobbies, etc. do not be ashamed, and age plays no role. Hockey equipment, gear and uniforms are not cheap, but it spent as on the PC. Because something in his comments I pointed out the financial component and if possible ;)

a
airstorm 11.06.20

aleks1979
The monitors (back then) was one generation LCD , even a ruler .. just I have a budget Samsung, and the other was gaming 2233RZ.

p
pochtipushkin 11.06.20

airstorm
Eeemmm.... the years gamer, is no obstacle :D I'm almost 40, have a family and ... always top iron - renew periodically. To spend money on their interests/Hobbies, etc. do not be ashamed, and age plays no role.

Well then, as they say, everyone has their own cockroaches =)

a
airstorm 11.06.20

pochtipushkin wrote:
everyone has their own cockroaches =)
that's for sure! And they drink differently, who is beer and who is vodka buckets :D
By the way can gradually update the hardware. It's not so expensive, and if it will not be much old, old can be sold and adding the required amount to buy something new. In this case it is better to start with the graphics card ;)