3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
leosher 11.06.20 09:28 pm

is it worth to upgrade the video card?

Hello, dear experts :)

Help to understand, you can/should this configuration be upgraded graphics card:

CPU type: QuadCore Intel Core i7-3770, 3400 MHz (34 x 100)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 (MS-7758) (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
System memory: 8140 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)

Now is GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB), the question is - is there any sense and possibility in this configuration to move on to something of the 10-series?
12 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 11.06.20

you can put any of the existing cards. the processor is capable to take out of the game in the 50fps area
only memory will be somewhat a little. is it 16 Grubov have nothing to farts and hiccupped.

B
BMW_BMW 11.06.20

Should change is the graphics card! RAM add yet-not sure 8 gigs is enough for all games today!A change of graphics card will affect fps significantly

c
callmegod 11.06.20

With such a system will easily go gtx 1070. If expensive, then RX480 8gb, say in future projects, it will show its best side, in comparison with the gtx 1060. But there is a matter of your tastes. Not only GIGABYTE.
About the memory, I do not agree with IKA.GR ultra graphics settings latest Lark eat 12GB.
But better to buy the maximum cards, the cat can afford it. And 4GB of to buy necessarily, but later.

i
iavev 11.06.20

Take the money, and better still Nvidia, no matter how much have been heard from and no matter how much I looked in the tests, 10 series will be better than the RX480. And what about the GIGABYTE I do not agree - he have a 1060 and so far no complaints in her direction from the word all. So here all on your taste and budget. If you are going to play in something like the last Lark on the ultra, meaning the bar to buy more RAM there is, the more she stands there not very expensive. If in something not very demanding, and it is possible with 8 GB do. I after changing video cards went from 8 gigs and any discomfort did not feel, after the installation of 8 special difference have not noticed. Except that now Chrome eats RAM less noticeable. But given the fact that you have after graphics card will rest against the processor, it is better to save for a full update - and the CPU, and motherboard, and DDR4. Then you will have noticeable gains. And while adding RAM if you increase the speed yourself, then the very small percentage who may not notice.

G
Grandshot 11.06.20

callmegod wrote:
If expensive, then RX480 8gb, say in future projects, it will show its best side, in comparison with the gtx 1060.
Now I don't expect to repeat the same thing that was in past generations - namely, when red, after some time, began to outrun the solution from green to overclocking. Sometimes even under 10%.
Now the graphics card level 1060 and RX GTX 480 completely bled of today's games. There future-proofing a little left, although they still normally work out their 2-2. 5 years in FHD. Directx 12, which now is supposedly faster than the Reds, a few months will be 100% green fixed in the drivers. Plus many games come out with sharpened under invidio.

So the cards are absolutely equivalent, and the term life until all draw they will be the same. And choose the one you need what's best in relation to price\quality. But if you are an ardent supporter of any of the camps, then of course you have a leader in all)

c
callmegod 11.06.20

Grandshot
I just saw on one of the channels, the tests 480 and 1060. And if the summer and autumn, the average FPS was on the side 1060. With the release of some of the drivers from AMD, the FPS equaled, and in games released this fall, 480 even ahead of 1060. And at the end of the video added that AMD in future projects will look better.

l
leosher 11.06.20

Wow, thank you so much for the feedback! I'm leaning towards NVIDIA just on all computers were these cards and happy. The budget will pull and gtx1070,but not sure about the manufacturer. The choice is between ASUS, MSI and GYGABYTE, no own religion in this part no. Heard that some of them go prednisonne, i.e. from the factory lifted the gpu frequency and memory. It's not good - he wants to break up. What would you recommend and what are the criteria to choose?

c
callmegod 11.06.20

leosher
I for myself in February take MSI Gaming 1070 X.
I have the fit length 280mm max. Was deciding between ASUS DUAL GIGA WINDFORCE, MSI ARMOR. Even PALIT GAMEROCK one time considered, but the length of 285mm and thickness of 55mm.
At ASUS so-so cooling system. When all competitors a new impeller, they use old. And a new impeller, more air intake, consequently more effective cooling with lower noise. And only 3 heat pipes.
GIGI have a lot of reviews about the whistle inductors. Well, very much. On all cards 10th series.
About MSI ARMOR, nothing to say, except like a poorly cooled memory. And like all good.
And if I hard cablemanagement could cram FIRING 285mm, I probably would have taken GAMEROCK. Well beklet have Firing.

D
D0c_81 11.06.20

despite that lack of funds.

M
MagicHero 11.06.20

callmegod
Take gamerock I have that. Cooling is great (65 degrees maximum which is seen usually 55-60 in heavy games and 45-50 in the old) and produmanno good mounts throughout, the VMR cooling and memory chips. And Yes, there is backlighting, you can set to change color depending on temperature, or to continually change the colors of what I put below as the tree shimmered )))

N
N0NAKK 11.06.20

MagicHero
Yes firing topcik, he wanted to buy Jetstream, but took from inno3D because in my city it was not available, but wait I did not want)

c
callmegod 11.06.20

MagicHero
I have only 280mm fit. To insert 285mm FIRING, you need 3 wires to the SATA push from the bottom to the top of the video card to hard drives. And this is not an easy task. And the thickness is 55mm just awful. All block on my mATX.
UPD: Took 1070 X MSI Gaming, though the dog went up for a night on the 500r.